[steam guide] Map list - fast preview with rating

Discussion in 'General' started by BlackRedDead, Aug 22, 2016.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

do you have any idea how many players have told me to remove maps, its not just BRD. its what players say when they don't like a map. I only took it off the cycle on viper when it would empty the server

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Vicki, this guide is out there for EVERY new person and person THINKING about downloading this game to see. You really think it is a good idea to have such a blatantly biased "review" of maps out there for these new people to see? This is literally one of the faces of empires, and it reflects POORLY on the community and the game itself. It is almost better to have a guide on how to make an awesome cupcake instead.

Also, lots of people request removals, I agree. However, BRD has now gone the full length to type out a guide, something seen on the front of Empires, and advocate for the rating and removal of LOTS Of maps. Not only is this now extremely public, but it gives the sense that no map is good and no one should bother playing because not one map got a solid 3/3/3/3, which for a scale of 0-3 shouldn't be that hard.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

People just don't seem to be able to comprehend that you have to be careful about what you write on the internet, especially in a guide section. As the major part of the population is not capable (anymore) of sorting through the information that is available to them and simply takes everything as facts.
    I'm sorry to say that people nowadays often do not have their own opinions.
    BlackRedDead obviously has opinions of his own and that is a good thing, however the way he is expressing them is not "user friendly".
    This is why BlackRedDead's "Guide" is unacceptable, maybe if he was to publish it somewhere else. But it for sure, does not belong in the Guide section.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lol This shit is zo fucking retarded.
    This Guy is writing reviews on map he barely knows. I imagine if mrdee would review a map, This load of crap would Turnout.
    Canyon 4-16 players fucking lol.

This Guy is so oblivious to empires

5. Paradox

I Just Read a bit More,

Behold The epitome of inexperience.
    Cyclopean 4-16 players

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Couldn't we help edit this guide so it ismore accurate instead of just decrying it and being rude to him.

If you see something is not right there are a couple of ways you can approach it.
    You can say "No No No, this is all wrong & you Sir are an Idiot" or you could suggest edits. Pointing out a problem is never as well received as pointing out a solution.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    BlackRedDead and Neoony like this.
  7. Paradox

Cmon azk, you know me better than that :(

8. Avatarix

I contacted him and wanted to help, bur he told me to 'wait, because he has a plan' and he would rather have people posting suggestions for edits than adding them as a contributors. Also his 'cousin' is helping him with English.
    So to be able to work with him you would have to wait 'some time' to just help him writing. I wanted to help with fixing common mistakes and remaking the header, but I'm not sure if he would accept suggestions for changes from anyone else than Vicki

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Anyone who disagrees with them, he immediately doesn't listen to their opinion. He only listens to people who "support" him in his stupid endeavors. The only opinion on here who he will listen to is AZK because he hasn't said anything overly mean.

I also did suggest edit's first, basically not having it be his opinion. But then I went into a rant because knowing BRD and arguing with him in the past, he won't change anything I suggest so why should I even bother suggesting anything to him in the first place? The guide needs to be done from the beginning but he won't listen so I won't bother.

10. Avatarix

Well, as you can see in the guide header the people who support him are
    D.D.D. Destroyerfor preview, critic, suggestions & informations
    TheCreeperfor preview and viper/nubs server maplist
    Varbles[forums.empiresmod.com]for several map specific informations
    Trainzack[forums.empiresmod.com]for providing me the maps "emp_boohouse_b1" and "emp_megahill_jam_b7" and additional map specific informations
    Señor_Awesome[forums.empiresmod.com]for clearing the case on "emp_forest"
    so yes, he isn't interested in opinions of people he doesn't like
    what a shame

11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I love how high we have set the bar

LordDz_2 and Xyaminou like this.
  12. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

i won't react to that bullshit going on here - but everyone else i can just please to stay on the topic and ignore it - thx :)

i'm always open to constructive critic that aims to improve the list - but don't forget that it's my decision to apply to it or not!

A-z-K likes this.
  13. Paradox

Sounds like its a good way to basicly say, if I like it Ill put it in, even if Im wrong

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Sounds pretty fair to me.
    I'll make my own list, with blackjack & hookers.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  15. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

actually, forget the blackjack.

A-z-K likes this.
  16. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

"Won't react" meaning even if people have valid points he is going to choose to not listen to them. I tried.

BRD, your guide is crap. You rate maps you haven't played, you insult map makers, and for some reason you think your Jesus of Empires. Sad thing is, your not. Stop trying to be. Your not some little innocent child either, grow up and take some criticism.

17. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

And here I made it so far in life without seeing a pot call a kettle black. So ends the 'innocence' chapter of Señor's youth.

Also can I be part of the unnecessarily angry crew I hear it's a riot.

On topic: Cool that you credit me for explaining problem with forest (even though my explanation was vague) but you didn't actually update the guide with that information.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Ranger likes this.
  18. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It's not unnecessary, this guy is a joke (although, this "insult" is apparently on par with the N word and I have been told I shouldn't say it). Posts crappy guides that reflect poorly on the community, rates the maps and insults the map makers who made them. On top of this, when we are nice and do provide feedback, he ignores those who he considers trolls.

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL your definition of nice leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you critiqued his guide w/o personal insults a person would be more willing to listen.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  20. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Vicki, I have critiqued him before without insulting him, and you all gave me crap for it. On top of that, after I critiqued him he said he wouldn't listen to me anymore. So why bother?