[steam guide] Map list - fast preview with rating

Discussion in 'General' started by BlackRedDead, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

That's not the case here though.
    Because we simply are superior than him in the empires department. Not as a person but in this field, in this game, we are. So it'd be respectful to take advice from people who know better.

Vicki if you got a new employee in your dog shop, and the kid writes an entire manual on all your products and half of it is wrong, wouldnt you tell him half of it is wrong?
    And further, if he tells you to piss off or ignore you, wouldn't you get angry?

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Critiquing someone's work is fine, insulting them as a person, which I do not think you did, but DT did by calling him stupid, an idiot and that HE is a joke, is not fine and DT doesn't seem to be capable of understanding the difference. And he thinks that even if his advice is worthy of considering the fact that he attacked him personally doesn't matter.

OFC I would correct my employee's work but I would not degrade them as a person by calling them names as DT did to BRD.
    DT wouldn't last a second in any occupation if this is how he acts and I doubt he would keep many if any friends if this is how he talks to them. And if he thinks he can insult people just because its the internet he has a lot to learn about net etiquette.

3. Avatarix

wew, so you vicky still attack someone else who uses personal attacks as 'I doubt he would keep many if any friends if this is how he talks to them.'
    this thread is beign derailed by defenders and the attackers

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

he asked me a question..get with the program

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you shouldnt be so political correct :P

complete_ likes this.
  6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

7. flasche

build a wall around the employee and make him pay for it. :D

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

haha funny man you are ;)

9. flasche

im just kind of sorry that i started this with criticising the rating system at post #30

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

nah Flasche you criticized the guide, not the person himself like Dt did. Nothing wrong with giving an opinion about the guide. You are not responsible for DT's personal insults, he is.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

lets build a wall around Donald trump and make Donald pay for it :P

12. Avatarix

and this was thread about a guide
    where is guide btw
    is it ded or not in progress or something?

13. flasche

tbh after all that shit getting flinged at me id have taken it down aswell.

vipervicki likes this.
  14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Empires Motto: No good deed goes unpunished

15. Avatarix

what
    he even probably ignores all of the people in this thread except you two
    how would *You ignore the content posted by this member...* do something to him

16. flasche

theres a huge differene between the face you show to the world and whats going on inside you.
    all the "coolness" and ignorance more often than not is nothing more than a self-defense mechanism.

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

*Doesn't want me to rudely comment* *Continues to fling shit* You don't think much do you?

I explained before Vicki. When BRD came on to this forum, I was actually nice to him. However, after him being rude to me I stopped caring about if I was "mean" to him. I told him he needed to fix his English (Because it is very crappy) and he got upset at me. I wasn't even mean about it but he became a dick and "ignored me" for telling him a fact that NEEDED to be addressed.

Wow Vicki, you are SUCH a hypocrite. At least I can take an insult, but let me just point out your Hypocritical points.

I agree, it is! Critiquing someone is what allows us to grow as a person. I did this back when BRD came on by saying he needed to fix his English.

And here is where you go full idiot. Vicki, if you are taking offense to me calling you an "idiot" the MOST TAME OF INSULTS ON THE INTERNET, you need to reflect on your life. Seriously, never before have I met someone who has taken offense to being called an idiot. As a kid growing up I, along with all of my friends, would use this word non-stop to describe each other. In fact, I think teachers even used it to describe a kid when they did something stupid. This guide was stupid, BRD was an idiot for posting it the way he did. Then I provided the ways to fix it, but because I used the most tame insult on the internet I guess all of my points, my opinions, and everything is totally invalid. I could have called him retarded, I could have said a kid with downs was smarter, I could have added the adjective fucking in front of idiot, I could have have said after reading his post I was in favor of abortion or that he was a product of Incest. I didn't because I was being respectful and I don't think that is the case. Perhaps this is a regional thing, but again I really do not think calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid" is even an insult.

Actually, I don't think you are capable of understanding how tame of an insult the word idiot is. Also, it appears you are incapable of understanding that this is the internet and if you can't wrap your mind around the fact that some random idiot is calling someone else an idiot, then you have an issue. I fully understand what I did, and I am totally capable of understanding that it's not even an insult and you are just oversensitive ON SOMEONE ELSES BEHALF.

Yea, those insults weren't even insults. However, you are taking offense on his behalf not even on your own. You sit behind your screen, basically the equivalent of a Tumblr Social Justice Warrior taking offense for things that don't even relate to them. Insults shouldn't negate the fact that I did provide legitimate advice. I know I have had people absolutely BERATE me and I still listened. Hell, my Mom one point said I was "A fucking disgrace to the family" for having friends over to drink because if something happened my Parent's would get sued. Did I ever do it again? No! Because I listened! Parents do this all the time, it stresses how badly you fucked up. But again, sit behind your screen and take offense on someone elses behalf.

Obviously you never held a job then in your teens, or even in your twenties. I know my bosses called me an idiot and I called it right back to them... Again, I don't really get what is the problem with this. When I used to work fast food we would get yelled at for the time being too high, when I worked IT at college (I still do!) we always yelled at the stupid techs who are higher up than us for doing stupid things. Was it really yelling? No, but we informed them of the stupid things they did and helped them fix it.

Nice insult, but not hypocritical right? I should just completely disregard every post you ever post on this forum again and block you because you insulted me. Wahhhhh wahhhhh McGyver ban her she insulted me and said absolutely terrible things about me! Paradox! Avatarix! Take offense on my behalf!

No, because I'm an adult who can differentiate between actual insults and "keyboard warriors" (Whom I guess you could say I am one myself right now?). I have had many jobs, never been fired and am USUALLY regarded as one of the better employees because I have a strong work ethic. I also believe in equal treatment, and I have many friends because they like the fact that I am very blunt and say whatever the hell comes to mind. Even after moving to college, I stay in contact with all my friend groups... groups I can still even hang out with when I go to their colleges... but ofc this is all fake and you just can't fathom the idea of me having friend's... an asshole... having friends... dear god it must be a nightmare for you to believe that is possible. I make fun of everyone equally, INCLUDING MYSELF, so it's just generally funny to be around me in person (So I've been told).

I remember learning about this when I was like 7, they brought us into a room with computers, taught us how to get online and then had 3 doors in front of us. Each door you clicked on had something bad about the internet, one was a child molester and how you shouldn't fall for it, the second was an asshole "cyberbullying", and the third was another chat room person trying to meet up with you in real life. I remember learning ALL about "being nice on the internet".

Then I played WC3 for the first time online and was berated for being a fucking noob. Oh I cried so much, ran up to my room put my face into my pillow and cried to my mom asking HOW those people were allowed to... wait no I didn't. It was an online game, with online people who's opinions meant nothing to me. I learned this when I was 7 and I still took their advice to get better at the game. I don't know how old you are, but apparently you either have never been insulted in your life or you have never played an online game.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. flasche

i think you should learn german.

also i think you should learn that your view of the world is subjective not objective ...
    ... but you will eventually.

you must have been so exceptional in the job you had that you were irreplaceable.

vipervicki likes this.
  19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

is that wall almost done yet???? :)
    I wont even respond to what he posted, the logic is so convoluted

20. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

updated topic
    - added note about the offline work
    - added Plans/ToDo
    - updated map lists