Remove the scout because the grenadier is all you need to do commando missions.

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. km_

km_ Member

yes! we need ninjas, rift generators, spartans, and pirates in Empires mod now! Its only fair for removing scouts and snipers

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

I sincerely hope this is a continuation of the earlier sarcasm.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Go play cs if you want to snipe so badly..

4. Androc

Androc Member

Yes, yes, I am aware of that. That's the point. In stating that TF2 was the only game that ever had shotguns I was being sarcastic because it's one of the most common weapons in existence.

Actually, compared to CS sniping, Empires sniping is a whole different beast. CS is just about having the coordination and reflexes to pull off your shots quickly, while Empires' focuses much more on concealment, positioning, and tactics.

5. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Alright you did it, That last sarcastic mark threw me overboard into a rant, Better SIT THE FUCK DOWN FOR THIS ONE!

K so empires is a team working together to set the otherone back, maybe instead of removing snipers make them more purposeful, Like make an infantryman who is a sub com, that CAN be killed with sniper rifle without making the team lose, This makes them more useful!

OKAY so by your above post, Snipers do absolutly nothing, and Our real life military is wasting money replicating them. Absolutly marvelous I'll pass that message along.

Final Point I want to make, is someone getting sniped when they get out to repair the com or tank while its away from the base can make the entire difference in a game.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

The reason the sniper rifle is being removed (and isn't even more powerful) is that it isn't fun getting insta-killed by someone you can't even see.

A scout with the scout rifle is much more effective when he is working with his squad instead of proning in a group of trees. The only real advantage that proning in trees with hide has is that it's more like role-playing. :rolleyes:

Sure, someone with a sniper rifle can do that, but a rifleman with an AR can move up five feet, and then get the kill, and proceed to actually do some damage to the CV with sticky grenades.

The problem isn't that the scout class is useless, the problem is that any other class can do what the scout does and do it more effectively. People sitting in corners waiting for a lone enemy to come by simply furthers the problem of scouts doing nothing to help the team. The entire class is going to be changed majorly, and removing the sniper rifle is just the beginning.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I totally agree that at the moment, the scout is NOT useful to the team. I don't think you'll find many people that disagree.

Am i the only person that sees that the weapon isn't the problem with the scout? the other classes have a massive truckload of abilities which help the other classes with the 'RTS element' of empires, as Simon pointed out- this is what the scout lacks. just about the only reason why the scout is origional and fun to play is that he has the scout rifle.

Let's be honest here: do you think for one second that giving the scout a carbine instead of a sniper will make him a useful team class that you want on the team? awww hell no. it's his abilities to help the team in other ways that he majorly lacks. there is a tonne of things we could do to make him better in the abilities department.

oh, and shotgun?

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You guys would of loved to snipe before it was nerfed so badly.. All the snipers then were bitching about how much it sucked and how it should just be removed.. This game has always meant to be fun.. We know snipers are good in real life but in this game they are too good.. Plus this will fix those invisible parts on the turrets with out making new models lol I can actually think of a lot of reasons why it should be removed but typing them all out for a bunch of hardcore sniper fans would be stupid..

I don't want to see the 9 mine removed but I know enough about the game to see that the benefits out weigh my personal attachment to it.. The dev's will make the right choice in the end.. Bitching about it won't change that.

9. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

So I dont want to hear another "God DamneD Scout" When you get out of yoru CV to build a forward rax accross the map and get sniped K? You haven't found a way to cope with the scout bolt action rifles despite HOW INACCURATE TEHY ARE! Thanks

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

*Sighs*

Right. Let's try and make this as straightforward as possible.

A non-scout firefight will give both parties a chance. Of course, a Grenadier or Engineer will most likely lose to a Rifleman, but at least both parties will have a minimum of N fun (the losing party having maximum of N-1 fun).

A scout versus another class will give the scout a very large advantage if he just sits in some shrubbery. The scout will have all the fun (Nt) , and the other party will have none in this firefight.

A scout versus scout firefight will once again give both parties a chance. The rules of case #1 apply here.

See the correlation here? When both parties have a chance of winning, the total amount of fun (Nt) is equally distributed amongst both parties. When only one party has a chance of winning, the total amount of fun (Nt) is given solely to that party.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont care if the scoutrifle is removed or not but that argument fails cause
    you have to remove the mortar to if you dont want to be instakilled from
    a guy you cant even see.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The gren can't shoot as far as the scout and he doesn't have hide or a silencer to stay hidden.. Then the mowtar shell has a huge trail of smoke and the sniper has a tracer barley ever seen.. The only way for me to tell is if he misses and everything is quiet enough for me to hear that ricochet sound..

Krenzo said this game is made to be fun and as proven the scout makes it less fun.. If you think its getting removed just because of the new dev's then I think your wrong because I'm sure Krenzo would eventually do the same thing if he wasn't so busy.

13. PintSki

PintSki Member

..so..happy...
    ..prayers..answered..
    ..gameplaydisturbing sniper..gone..
    ..this mod keeps getting better..
    finally a teamshooter that gets the point that snipers have no business in it and do nothing else then disturb the gameplay and fun, they are a nuisance , nothing more, no contribution whatsoever.
    thank you thank you thank you thank you! can't wait till this gets implemented.

14. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I like how that link sends you to an emo myfreepaysite :)

15. Androc

Androc Member

On multiple occasions, I have exhausted my entire store of ammo, mostly in headshots, by 'proning in trees'. Suffice to say I disagree.

I'd just like to reiterate what I was saying before: In a head-to-head firefight, the scout is usually at a disadvantage. The assault rifles' spread is tight enough that, nine times out of ten, the scout can just get killed straight out. The main strength of the scout rifle is in how you use it. Anybody that says the scout is weak or useless sucks at scout.

16. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Does it really? When I click it a picture of Master chief appears. =(

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

If you were working with a squad you wouldn't have run out of ammo. :rolleyes:

18. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Scouts are essentially that, Scouts there Primary goal is to work with themselves, or other scouts to infilitrate enemy lines and disrupt enemy resource/expansion. Thats what they've done since they were implamented and thats what they should continue to do, Nerfing them by removing their famous rifle insinuates you dislike them. In fact if you remove their rifle you may as well remove the entire class as it makes its that much harder to acomplish their tasks. In fact, lets go ahead and get rid fo grins too and make the game two classes, Rifleman and Combat Engineer who has C4.

19. Binboy

Binboy Member

Agreed with you Tea&Cookies, Removed Sniper Rofl The Roflman will dominate all MUWAHAHA! well a good roflman I ment, also it's not instant kill it's 2 hit kill, unless your a very sharp shooter. Which I vote are good scouters. Anyways If your still going to remove Sniper Rofl I want to know whats going to compensate for it.

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Wow.............................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.