<rant> Since when helping newbies was a bad thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonata Arctica, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

If we ban clanners then other servers will fill up, which will look to noobs like the mod is more active, which will elad to them staying, which will elad to them passively advertising, which will lead to empires growing in numbers.

WHICH MEANS IF WE BAN 1337ARDS FROM THE TRIANING SERVER EMPIRES WILL GROW

2. Avneet

Avneet Member

That server has been nothing but bad for me. I'm on a watch list because im in the |GC| clan(another clan mate was banned for griefing). I already showed proof he didn't grief and fell of water, but that was ignored but admins who are against our clan for 9 mining in jeeps.

Now we started our own server and actually had a game going in our second day up. I see a good future here seeing as hows admins don't abuse.

3. communism

communism poof

This thread turned into something great
    Its settled then, move to another server with vanilla settings?!

Any suggestions for the list yet? I'm fairly sure g4b2s has fixed most of their performance issues

4. Avneet

Avneet Member

Had a great day today. Server still going with games. Seems communism found his new server ;]] Fixing some settings still to make sure server is tip top.

5. |GC| Stumbler

|GC| Stumbler Member

Well all of us found a good server.
    And its not in Europe thank god. The |GC| server is for people sick of retarded admins and the bs that the training server has.
    Jump on, you definatly wont be kicked for 9 mining like i was. If anyones wondering we run a hypernia 250/month server. We also have TF2, BF2, Cod4 servers.

Heres a link the the website, if you have any suggestions about server settings or feel like joining http://www.green-clan.net/

9mine FTW!

6. Empty

Empty Member

The matches on SAW were great today as well, it's nice to see my post has actually helped clean out the training server.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

it's amazing how often people complain about lame admins. i've never once seen lame admins.

Banning all the players who are in clans or are decent won't help noobs learn. they just learn from other noobs, which gives rise to nothing.

Personally, if you aren't a member of this or some empires forums, or haven't even read the manual, then you shouldn't be com. If you want to com, you should hop on an empty server and get used to the commands and learn how to place shit. Then you study what people research, and figure out what you like personally. Then you are ready to com. There is not one good com who isn't active within the empires community.

8. Avneet

Avneet Member

Today 4 separate American servers were up just for anyone who didnt notice.

9. |GC| Stumbler

|GC| Stumbler Member

We had alot of options today as avneet(TTD) looks good for the game, hopefully people are coming back or starting up empires

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  10. Empty

Empty Member

So how is getting drugged slapped blinded mass dropped owned by elitists and generally growing to hate Cpatton teaching people to play empires? Am I missing something here?

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I thought they only did that when the matches ended ^^.

12. Avneet

Avneet Member

You have just been lucky then not to have played the many times I played where it happened during games

13. Empty

Empty Member

Until Cpatton got administrativeness.

14. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Because the admins realized that calling it 'training server' would attract players who like the idea of owning noobs and looking awesome while doing it. Why do you think it's often the only server with people in it?

Maybe we should make a concentrated effort to support other servers. Which ones are good, though? Hopefully ones with some of the better non-standard maps (Midbridge, say), no changes to the research / res settings, and no horrible admin mods.

15. Empty

Empty Member

SAW is good, but Aussie.

16. training server

training server Banned

In my eyes, my server has improved a lot with the new management team.
    I wish the team and the players the best.
    It's hard to seperate newbies and griefers at first sight.

Hereby I apologize in the name of the whole admin team for any misunderstandings or conflicts that created a bad environment for you.

A good server is a server with good and trustable admins.
    Having a lot of power makes you more power hungry, which leads to abuse (been there, done that). But recruiting the right admins is also a pain in the a$$. Being able to base on facts sure helps out.

Once I again, I apologize to the whole community about any misunderstandings that have found place on my server.

Good luck and have fun all!

17. Empty

Empty Member

Seriously, fire CPatton.

18. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Well to be honest at first I felt Recon would be capable of doing a decent job there, but not too long ago 7 people including myself consistently got dropped due to slot reservation, and the server had 24/31 in it... I don't know if someone was dicking around with the settings momentarily or if it was an intentional setting that night, but 7 reserved slots is ridiculous, and the only other servers that had people in them that night were full, so we basically said screw it... I was only in contact with one of the other 6 players so we couldn't coordinate to go start playing on one of the empty servers.

As far as I know, CPatton wasn't grandfathered in as an Admin with Recon, but then again I don't know who all Recon kept or newly appointed.

I've seen at least one Admin this week on the Training Server who used his Admin for personal reasons - I'm sort of torn on the issue though because the guy he used it on really needed to stfu but the principle of the matter is that the Admin acted out of personal conflict, rather than for purpose of rule enforcement or server protection. Some people are annoying & disrespectful, but that's what mute is for, tbh.

I personally would like to see Training Server have its rates adjusted back to the defaults and also see it become a Comm Maps Only server because the people who need/want training will get it best from Comm Maps, because you can only teach a limited amount of the game's features on infantry push maps. Not that infantry push isn't fun at times, 'cause it most certainly is.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I wouldn't worry Sonata. Some people are just 'tards. I firmly believe that the one thing that will help cure this mod's low playerbase density is to help all players become better players. The more people you have who know how to play, the more fun & challenging rounds you get to experience, and the less noob problems to deal with.

19. Empty

Empty Member

I've seen multiple admins slapping themselves around to get to flags or outside the map, also if they use the excuse 'There are 6 people online it's OK to dick around' it's not, learning how to play a match with 6 people in it is becoming an increasingly common and sometimes enjoyable portion of empires, and besides, if there are 6 people, mr. Nublet102 can get his first shot at commanding, without letting down his entire team.

20. training server

training server Banned

this problem can be solved by not making the slot reservation checking steamIDs, you can suggest this on the forum here http://trainingserver.okbehappy.net/index.php. Its up to Recon if he is willing to do that.

I think (!) because loading a new map puts all 30 players from last map (re)connecting to the server. Sometimes people drop out or have new players connecting and then if you are unlucky someone with a faster computer and faster internet (or just lives closer to the server) will be picking up your slot and makes you look like the "last player" trying to take the reserved slot.

I cannot think of a solid solution to help you out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

You should record a demo (ingame or fraps), make a condump, get a screenshot from status (for steamid) and report this on the forum link given above.

this can be suggested on the forum link given above aswell

You should record a demo (ingame or fraps), make a condump, get a screenshot from status (for steamid) and report this on the forum link given above.