<rant> Since when helping newbies was a bad thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonata Arctica, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Just got off an emp_isle game where BE had a new person as comm. I showed him the ropes on comming and then i get yelled at by Akeate and Nightruler (or something corny like that) for being controlling. They said that the comm should be able to do whatever they wanted to.

What the fuck?

He was researching chassis before armor/engine, placed a radar/armory before VF, didn't know how to use coordinates to place refs quickly, and so on and so forth.

The worst thing about this was that no one stepped up the help the dude. I kept helping out the newbie and defending him when people were giving him shit. We lost, but at least the dude knows how to comm decently.

I think people should be a bit more helpful on training server. No, in fact, be more helpful to newbies in any server. Newbs are the ones keeping this game afloat, being elitist will drive the population away.

Oh and keep an open mind. I would follow Akeate's advice and get off his back if he actually knew what he was doing.

</rant>

So in conclusion, be the opposite of headshotmaster and teach the damn nubs how to play instead of complaining how much they suck. The more they learn, the better off this mod will be.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Does this apply to those noobs that are so pathetic and stupid they won't learn listen or reason with you? Essentially Mingebags?

3. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

WHAT? You mean I shouldn't idolize HSM? My entire worldview is collapsing around me!!!! :)

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That's really funny... Or is it?

5. communism

communism poof

I giggled
    And totally agree with Sonata.. you tell 'em!! ;P

6. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

7. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Whenever I'm on the training server and there's a newbie on who starts asking questions, I try and help them out as much as possible. EVEN if it means not really helping the team as much as I am helping that one person learn the ropes.

So will someone please explain to me why I'm the one who keeps getting switched for game balance even if I'm sucking balls/completely distracted? I've said it once and I'll say it again, Deadpool is better then me!!! What are you people thinking?!

8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

the problem is that its hard to identify noobs, because most dont ask they just do, like me when i was starting, but look now at me, i rised to general with uniqe strategy (not perfect, noone is) it would make it much easier if noobs would read manual and ask if they dont know somthing, instead of keeping dumb and refuse comm next time, thats not the perfect method of growing commanders

btw: radar/armory before VF rulez

(maybe english is bad, i know, ima freaking russian that speaks german lol)
    greets

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Newbs =/= noobs

Noobs are the ejats that think they know it all when they know jack-all.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Scouts and Riflemen on Cyclopean essentially?

11. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Buttery Lobster, you're not alone.

I'm an admin on Training server and mostly when I join that server I just stay spec and watch the match because on training server that is really enjoyable and from time to time I write some tips in the public chat.

Also I will answer all the questions which people ask about the game.

12. Empty

Empty Member

I see very little questions about the game, further than the infamous ammoz and vehicle creation.

The Training server is completely filled up with vets. How do you expect the newbies to learn if they're getting headshotted by shotgun pistols across cyclopean as soon as they spawn. While on Drugs.

13. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

True. There are just way too many old players playing on the training server to "own noobs for lulz."

I would like to get a ban list on that server where all the clan member are listed and they would be banned from that server. Of course the admins who are in clans shouldn't be banned.

14. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

but that means that recon wont be able to jooze hiz adminz powah on moar people!

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with this idea.

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

This thread reminds me so of my first days of commanding (emp_money)

''Get out! I can com better!''
    Move to this location.
    ''No! I can do it better than you, get out!''
    Attack these targets.
    ''Votekick''

Yea, ban us.. But then make sure you got admins in there, so it won't become a bloody grieffeast.

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

Or because it's the only populated American server.

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah thats the only reason anyone ever plays there. TBH we should start joining another server US server, the admins on it are useless. Its been crashed 2 days in a row by admins spamming drugs on people. I was kicked for votebanning someone who was spamming my own team with smoke. I played a game of district where admins drugged everyone else then undrugged themselves multiple times. Please do ban all the clanners so we will actually get a diffrent US server populated. Ignoring of course how stupid that is because there are plenty of awesome super amazing sexy empires players not in clans (read: me) and it would pretty much just kill the server population.

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Hey now, I'm sorry if that voteban was for real. You tried votebanning random people beforehand.
    The other issues, well they are mostly true.

19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I votebanned buttery lobster ONCE as a joke and you kicked me for that which was retarded as well. Its not like I was sitting around trying to actually get him kicked/banned spamming chat or colluding with others to ban him. I didn't even think it was possible but the server has gone downhill considerably.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I AGREE!! ban all the people who play there so they all use a better american server. Great idea