<rant> Since when helping newbies was a bad thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonata Arctica, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Avneet

Avneet Member

Why are we the ones who have to make demos of your admins when you constantly are being told by many differnt members of the community they are abusing? It's not our duty to make sure there are non corrupt admins. That's the servers job.

It's been mentioned throughout this thread about the abuse by more people then I want to count. Why should we have to record demos when our fun is ruined by admins that shouldn't be admins in the first place?

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

A server owner can't be expected to know about every action that an admin does, and the reasoning behind it. That is why the players need to inform the server owner about admin abuse with some proof. So stop bitching about it, and start recording demos as soon as you join the server. Keep recording till they abuse, then you have your evidence. Never assume that another player will take care of it.

3. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL stop bitching? Well then tell everyone here to stop bitching. That is the proof. Every non noob from these forums are telling them. Why don't they handle their server and ban the admins instead? We have been saying this for SO LONG. That's why we don't make demos. We'd assume the server officials would look into something this old now. This is an everyday thing from all my days that I have been there. Now I don't come in at all because I'm sick of it. Don't come tell me I'm bitching. Tell their owners to stop the admins causing all of us to do this.

You have me a good laugh for the night defending what can't be defended. There is no excuse :D

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I thought the training server dude, handed off his server to someone else? Sureleh if they ban all the admins the server won't have any :confused:

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont have any interest in helping anyone anymore to learn that mod.
    New players tend to be well... stupid, not all of them but most are not
    willing to listen and believe other players what to do in the game.
    I dont have any nerve to argue with people that want to vote me
    out of the cv because I dont research rails as nf commander, that
    constantly camp even if other players tell them with good reason that
    this will lose us the game. I dont have a good time if people call a comm
    a noob because he didnt want to rush nukes. I dont want to debate
    anymore why a good kill score means nothing. Im sick of players that
    think coolant and bio are the only engines worth to research and so forth.

I dont know every aspect of the game perfectly and i dont demand it from
    other people but I think its ok to expect a basic knowledge of the game
    mechanics from any person outside the trainingserver that does not call
    himself a newbie.

Elitistic? more a form of resignation

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  6. Empty

Empty Member

Bye.

<filler>

7. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Demo recording and other evidence gathering should be a mutual effort. Administrators should record and account for what they observe or enact, just as players should record and account for what they observe or enact. Otherwise, if administrators are excused from such an obligation, they may pretty well do whatever they like so long as they don't "get caught." Recon has recently reminded Training Server players that they must gather evidence & record demos before expressing concerns about administration, though explicitly stated that administrators are excused from having to provide proof to support their accusations/claims.

I personally feel that Training Server has too many chiefs and not enough indians. Out of this large list of Training Server admins, you'll be lucky to see a handful of 5 or 6 on even a semi-regular basis, but I already mentioned this to Recon and I wasn't aware of the existing Training Server steam community group, whereby we can contact some of the admins if needed. So that sort of mitigates it, I suppose.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Stop being such a lazy ass and just get it going.
    You can whine all day long on this forum, but it won't help you shit. Until you record that 'lil demo! Have fun while you do it! :)

9. Avneet

Avneet Member

HAHA wine? I don't play there. Get that in your head. I have my own server I play in. I don't have to wine about anything. I haven't touched that server in 2 weeks now. I don't care one bit if they fix their admin situation.

God woke me up with a laugh this time :]

10. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Defending what can't be defended? LOL

It doesn't matter how many people bitch and complain, you need PROOF if you expect to get anywhere. Bitching for a month straight does NOT excuse you from getting proof. Learn how 99.9% of all servers work ffs.

11. MichaelSteve

MichaelSteve Member

I'm somewhat dissapointed that the training server is largely unpopulated during the times i play (after work - aussie time) because I get (even) worse ping on the GC server. I far prefer the GC map rotation though!

12. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL ok no I understand. I'm wrong for complaining and asking admins to keep track of their server that I don't care about. Over a month huh and I have to find the proof :D

Doesn't matter one bit to me. Funny the server crashed yesterday. I wonder how? Oh well, it's not like that's proof enough =P

13. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

If you were smart, you would have gotten the proof around the second or third time, not a month later. The server could have admin abuse problems for YEARS, and the owner STILL isn't going to do anything about it until he/she sees it for him/her self (but they are rarely stupid enough to abuse in front of the owner), or gets some PROOF from a player. The words of many can easily be faked. Demos are almost impossible to fake. Therefore, the words of many cannot be trusted, while demos can be trusted. You need to think about shit from the server owner's perspective, not yours.

You must care, or else you wouldn't be posting about it.

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Or he has a competing server he wants populated?

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Empires crashes for me and what seems like a lot of people who try to take demos..

So... Don't believe all the people who have no reason to lie to you and then tell them to do something that might crash there game to help the server that they have lost respect for.. uhhh... no..

16. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Thats why you start recording as soon as you join, or on reconnect. It always works then.

17. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL you do it then =P

18. |GC| Stumbler

|GC| Stumbler Member

I dont see why you guys are arguing. Demos are the best way to catch bad admins but if there are so many many people complaining about them its not hard for an a server owner to just change his name and watch a game(its not like anyone checks steamids but me these days). You both have points but this is turning into a flame war. Also the only reason the |GC| server is up is because of their bad admining so thats how i handled the situation, everyone has their own way of doing things you dont need to argue and force your way on people it not going to do anything, btw how much mb would a 30 min demo take up? :o mabe might record some tf2 scrims

19. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I will, if and when they are admin abusing when I happen to be playing. But that could be a while, since I don't play nearly as often as I used to. In the meantime, how about YOU do it, so that the situation can be resolved SOONER, and then everyone is happy.

Well my method of dealing with it involves actively trying to fix the problem instad of ignoring it. Ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

20. Empty

Empty Member

Exactly, if over like 4 people are reporting admins, the least you can do is run a short stakeout under a hidden name, I mean it's likely you were gunna play empires anyway... No excuses dude.