Poor attendance of the Official 1.08 server

Discussion in 'Archive' started by eth0, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose Member

I didn't think we wanted to start a flame war here. I think all clans tend to stack. There are rare occasions that I see players in jpl, bsid, and cw not all stack the a) side that tends to dominate or b) the side with their same clan. But please don't be such a hypocrite. I joined the BSID server the other day and 5 CW's were facing against a bunch of pubbers. The fact is up until recently BSID members rarely played games together and 90% of the stacking was done by CW.

Please note I have nothing against CW and I think Evan is a great leader and is the only reason that clan is able to function.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol just let this die already...

nobody should give a fuck

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I never said they should be removed, or wasn't implying they were the aids thats infecting empiresmod. They are all very nice maps on their own, but the balance is lost, I want to play classic maps and a conquest map once in a while, not play mostly conquest maps and hope im lucky that I'll be able to atleast play one classicmap in the next 2 hours.

4. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I think its the maprotation that's the problem. They all follow each other.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Spot on. I think mainly because they're all new ones, and thus have priority in testing. Now that we know they work, I can't see any problem in mixing things up a little.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well when you get mani admin or whatever working.. we can have map votes which will help alot too

7. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I think 100% it's the maprotation. If at all possible, can district be made to only come up every OTHER map rotation, or something? I've never bothered to learn how map rotation programming works, but I would like to play duststorm more often.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

We're all fed up with them because the low number of players on the server at most times means that they're the only kind of playable game to get the games started.

I want to see more of the old classic maps, like dust storm (and badlands :P) played :D

9. The Buttery Lobster

As far as the "this thread is a downer" subject goes, I've seen a SERIOUS uptick in the number of people playing, even if it's only on EFB or the RC. When I was first getting back into the game (idk, a couple months ago, I made a thread about it) I could barely get a game except on the PUG. Now I can usually get a decent game at least 3 times a week, even if it is only for an hour or so.

10. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I can't speak for the rest of my clan, but I try to avoid stacking, often joining a team with no clanners at all.

11. nuke

nuke Member

I been busy with redoing my house but I will be back soon

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

1. Clans. If you would count all clan members you would have at most 50 people. If you would count any members of this forum you would get 1000 people. So clans don't matter at all.

2. Conquest vs command. I like to play command maps but I need to have decent amount of players on the server. I don't really like playing with less than 16 people on maps like emp_isle. On conquest map you can play one man army but it gets boring after some time.

3. Why do we have so few people on the servers? I thought that it's pretty obvious: 1.08 wasn't released yet. RC14 is available for senior members only. You can't notice that new RC is available just from looking at the web site. Take 50-100 players and then split them into time zone groups and you have almost no one on the server.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

number of registered people is a bad point. there are players that don register here, there are registered people that dont play.

14. Silk

Silk Mapper

I've been busy studying for my exams, and now that the holidays finally have begun, i find myself having to work late shifts. And since there's no one playing in the morning before i leave, i can't play during the week.
    The good news is that tomorrow is the last day i have to work in juli, so soon i'll have a 3 week holiday.

15. zimm

zimm Member

I'm thinking of the following
    • Get a vote map system on the server
    • Use the mass message system through this board to announce the PUGs (put all the testers in a group so only they receive the message)

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

You have to be registered on the forums in order to play 1.08, but you're right, there are probably quite a few people who just idle the forums.

17. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I never see dumpster_fox play. unless he uses a DIFFERENT NAME!

18. The Buttery Lobster

Naw, he's been out of the game for awhile now, he sticks around because of our lovely personalities. So, bad and good there.

Unless he's just been screwing with my head for months, which is not that hard to do.

19. vrooom

vrooom Member

I can play everyday, all day if i want :D
    i was on just 5 minutes ago, but no one else was on, so i quit after about 2000 tickets being lost :P

20. Chahk

Chahk Member

Well, right now the attendance is poor because the server is running RC15 and Krenzo haven't posted a new sticky yet. :p