Northern Faction Heavy Tank Balancing

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by KILLX, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=4273&page=7

read my posts

kthxbai

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Rail guns need a nerf. If emp_money ever gets to the heavy tank stage (and on all these servers that hike up resource income, thats every game) BE wins if the commander isnt stupid. The heat damage on the target of the rail guns is too great. You can't fire back reasonably without overheating like mad.

3. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

The only reason BE kicks so much ass is because EVERYONE always use composite, and that is a fail armor vs rails... "ZOMG it's so light, i can get tonnes of weapons and plates i r teh win!!111" 3 salvos of dual rails later they lamequit.....

4. Cheezy

Cheezy Member

Get absorbant or reactive against rails.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

lol reactive

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

.............. Cost ignored comp isn't that weak against rails. Reactive is too heavy. Absorbant is very weak against turrets so a combo of turrets + 2xrail heavies is rape.

But anyways the problem is noone listens to me and changes the heat to target which is still 3(giving it roughly the same heat to target as plasma per second, 2x that on a heavy and it is rape) and I pointed out was a problem in RC33 or so.

"Omg he is mean and an asshole so lets ignore his suggestions despite the fact he is 1 of maybe 3 people who understands balance then we'll cry about what he pointed out later."

7. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

No, dual rails kicks so much ass because they completely negate the cooling effects of all engines, including coolant. If you don't fire, you die. If you fire, you overheat and die.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

rails do crazy heat to target don't they, something like 10 - 15% of a bar per hit.

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

They do 3 per hit. Or 3.75 per second 2x = 7.5 which would be 7.5% of bar per second.

10. [C9] Cobramaster

[C9] Cobramaster Member

theonly way to fight off rails is use hit and run tacticts with a bio diesel and regen so you can run away and heal before another attack and to truly missile spam use two homing salvos and shred their armor unless they use regen because the armor will be back by the time second salvo comes around

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I forgot it had that heat component

12. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It should be 1, it's a small detail that I missed.

13. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

That small detail makes BE heavies incredibly deadly. Put me in one, and no NF tank will be spared. I was just playing a round of tankwars with a bunch of JPL and CW guys, and I was killing every single one of them, to the point where all of our tanks were swarming around the enemy base, waiting for the next target.

14. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

If it is just an oversight, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

15. Fireball

Fireball Member

Speculation is always great in terms of brainstorming potential ideas, but I think (or would hope) the devs have enough foresight, and enough input from the playtesters to be able to properly balance the NF heavy when the side turrets are implemented :)

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think by the time a team has heavy tanks and missiles, and an engine and armor that can protect them, It's late enough in the game that if you haven't finished them off, you are gonna get rocked.

If the tanks are that unbalanced, finish the game before the enemy gets them. If you can't, you probably weren't winning in the first place.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

From what i've been thinking:

having side turrets isn't a bonus to the tank. It's basically as if the person in there was in another tank

You get the bonus of more weapons for free, but with less combined armour than two tanks. so overall there's no bonus.

so i say the missile slots should stay. if you think 5 slots is too much, then make it 4 slots, because I, and people i've spoken to, have had a LOT of fun in missile tanks, and I havn't seen any one team winning more than any other.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I propose that if the NF Heavy will get working sideslots, it should also have a higher heat bar. It requires three players to get the best out of it and you'll probably have to lose some armor to get cannons on each side, so I feel it's a fair trade.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

each side slot would get its own heat bar i hope, to make it fair.

20. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

Well, Perhaps the side ports should have 2 red and one yellow each, I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't mind sweeping down infantry from those side ports with mg fire, but then the issue killx pointed out before comes up again, 3 HE firing at a structure, still not gonna be a very good chance for the structure to survive in the short amount of time it'll take to bowl it over. 2 heavies, with 3 HE each would still rape a base