NF Heavy VS BE Heavy

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It's been done with Hummers before, and since we're not striving for realism it should be easily done with cannon-rigging jeeps.

2. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

an 1 slot mg or a fixed ml that fires directly infront of you would be more suitable on a jeep than a cannon,
    although a cannon on a jeep would be quite fun :cool:

3. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Since this threads about heavies (damnd hijackers :D ) whats gonna happen to them?

4. Grim Gibber

Grim Gibber Member

(sorta off the point) but what if engineers were given the ability to disable or hinder a tank's performance for a while with it's kit?

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

We can deengineer the hull with a kit...i'm pretty sure anything else would be deemed overkill for the engineer class.

6. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

:o Yes god forbid a lone engineer stay engineer and not switch classes to be able to actually do something about the tanks killing them.
    Edit
    Or kill anything at all for that matter!!

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

...*sigh*...Momo...We can build turrets, walls, ammoz...heal, rev...destroy buildings, deengineer tanks. I used to be in favour of engy nades doing a regular amount of damage to vehicles (or a bit more at least), but they didn't want that. I'm just saying that the dev team think engy is fine now, and really, you shouldn't be on the front by yourself against tanks.

8. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

***HI-JACKED***
    healing an reving are obligations of the engi, the whole "get to heal, get to revive" is not the same as the scout "get to hide" or rifleman "get to have damage increase" . This is still a fps, the turrets n walls do nothing for the satisfaction of personally killing/ blowing stuff up like the other classes get to do.
    Everything is fine as it is with the engi cause they can change class. And I realize that but the idea of having to change class multiple times in a map albeit is cool is sometimes silly.

***End Hi-Jacked***

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ya know...I feel your pain actually. But ya can always just mow down a couple people with the smg, which helps. It does get slightly vanilla when I can't destroy things...but I get enough with deengineering buildings and things blowing up around me to satify those primal urges. What you should consider is whether or not yer an engy person...although I do feel pissed off at those people that ask for a medic or ammo several times like the person standing to them is a muppet...I want to club those guys to death!

er /rant

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

haha that'd be me alright... i'll spam the ammo request and if you still don't give me ammo I'll go "AMMO" "AMMO" "AMMO" over team chat, then global chat...

it's just sometimes you get people that are engineers that CLEARLY were accidently assembled with a walnut instead of a brain. like when you ask for health and they just stare at you. SERIOUSLY GIMME HEALTH NOW.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Seriously out of engineer ammo and crates now :p

12. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Ok, I only did this once, and one on one in pseudo tank battles only, but 3 standard mls on a heavy seem to produce a massive amount of destruction per second. Is this the case? If this is the case, are more NF mls ok? Is more mls on the NF heavy even still a debate?

Seriously, I can drop a rax in the time it takes me to reload once, and not have ANY heat, whatsoever. I think; someone refute this. I usually avoid using MLs, they're a secondary weapon for me, so UML and nukes I am not familiar with.

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

ML's as a whole are secondary weapons are because they are slow... Just like the gren rockets...

Look at the Turret ML's a jeep can outrun them, now something isnt right if thats the case...

Thats why no one uses ML's only as a backup, because you have to close in quite close in order to get any damage with them...

What I suggest is the speed of all missles be increased x2

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

omfg, 77 posts in 12 days!

ontopic: ML's whould be more effective at range, or get a damage boost. from what I can see, the cannon is the bullet of a tank, and the ML is the shotgun. At least that what it seems like based on effectiveness.

15. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I heartily agree with you Shinzon. I would love to see MLs being used as a primary weapon instead of just a secondary weapon. Doubling the speed of them would probably do just the trick, and it could encourage people to take a support tank with lots of MLs and heavy MGs because right now it would e more effective to take HE and just charge into the middle of it.

16. The Buttery Lobster

all i know is if i try putting three standard cannons on my heavy, i can look to overheat after almost exactly 4 seconds (24.286 heat per second? Is my math right?) unleashing about 9 shells- 360 damage, 86 dps. With 3 standard mls, i can do 120 dps, unleash ALL my rockets for a total of 480 damage in the same time span, and increase heat by about 8, max. The lack of overheat means after a 3 second reload i can unleash the whole thing all over again at no penalty! (5 clips x 480 per clip = fun)

Even the HE cannon only does 35 dps, and can shoot only 17 shells before overheating, at 1190 damage.

The drawback of course is that they're slow as shit an innaccurate as all get out, so I can only do that damage if I'm at nearly point blank range, or shooting a maaaaaaassive building.... VF or rax, probably. But unleashing an essentially constant stream of those missiles is as cool as hell, and looks pretty damn frightening XD And if I could put six mls on that thing, my god, the firestorm would look amazing.

So as far as killing buildings goes, I believe this is a viable heavy set up. But like I said, I tested this in 1 on 1 tank battles only.

This is assuming that, for some reason, you don't have UML researched. After simon mentioned it, an UML + standard ML would be even better then this, I think, dealing 87.5 dps in addition to the standard's 40.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  17. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

You must be talking about every single NF building except for the armory.

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

If I have a choice between shooting UML or HE I'll shoot UML it does way more DPS when it is loaded. You just have to lead more because it is slower.

19. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

so today on Streets of Fire with the narrowness I loaded into a be heavy w. comp armor 2x he canons, and a bio mg. And the Nf heavys could do nothing but die. It was at that point I realised something seriously needs change there.

I'm still gonna say dbl mls. As for the spam vs buildings If its as easy as 1 2 3, lmaybe ower effect of mls on buildins? Why can't the building strenghts increase. Would it make that big of a difference? If so, increase reload of mls? Less ammo for them? Something to equalize it with the DPS that 2xHE. Give or take a bit keeping in mind mls are still harder to be accurate with.
    If a tank is unloading onto a building its usually cause it already killed off the tanks defending it.<shrug>

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  20. The Buttery Lobster

I dont think the mls would need to be nerfed against buildings... like I said, there are VERY real VERY strong drawbacks to doing something as crazy as my straight ml heavy. If the BE and NF tanks are balanced against each other, i don't think any of the other stuff will be an issue, it would probably take care of itself.

I'm just loving the fact that there's a viable use for a rocket tank, without having to like... program another chassis or something.

Simon makes a good point about the UML, though, in that the dps is more then double an HE cannon. MAYBE nerf the UML by a little bit. Increase firing rate would probably be all that it needs, but I haven't played around with mls as much as it sounds like simon has, so I'm not the one to make a ruling on this.