NF Heavy VS BE Heavy

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's been talked about before, the discrepancy between the two sides' heavy tanks, but we've never come up with a solution. The BE heavy has two cannon slots. The NF heavy does not. The NF heavy used to have more armor which made up for its lack of cannon.

How about having the NF heavy have two 3 sized missile launcher slots?

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Two nukes? I say yes. :D

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

How about making the NF heavy tank less prone to overheating?

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Make it smaller and faster, more of a strike tank, which is what the NF are meant to be good at?

5. Simon

Simon Banned

Too powerfull. 2xUML+HE would shred BE heavies. And buildings.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  6. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I thought that was the role of the imperial forces.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

What about not doing anything? NF tanks are faster. You must use missile launchers to destroy enemy tanks so difference in speed *MATTERS*.

8. Simon

Simon Banned

The marginal speed doesn't balance them out. I can't really think of an idea to balance them off the top of my head.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i've already said this but making it faster and more agile will only work on more open maps.. on a map like crossroads you dont have much room to move

I would like to see less armor on the back side of BE heavys(like 2 or 3 plates max).. so they would have a weakness to balance the overpowered weapons

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

A 3slot and a 2slot ML would work. :)

11. Simon

Simon Banned

UML is a 2 slot item you could still get 2 of them. It would in no way be fair. BE buildings and tanks would get anihilated.

12. Aranjedeath

Aranjedeath Member

Thats fine, as the NF ones are getting annihilated now. turn the tides a bit...

13. Warfle

Warfle Member

Give the NF heavy an additional 2 armor plates on all sides and more max weight so they don't have to sacrifice anything to make use of the extra armor?

14. Simon

Simon Banned

Warfles idea sounds alright.

Aranje, NF ones aren't getting annihilated right now. And how would unabalcing the game in the favour of NF be any better. See the pug game were our NF meds were able to beat out the heavies using teamwork. Its not like BE heavies are godly and unstopable.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think the small discrepency is good. it balances out with what the NF LT is. the AFV is like the broad side of a barn, and slower too... it's a lot lot worse than the NF LT, which is fine, except if we balance out everything like the heavy tanks favouring BE then it; you'd then have to make the AFV a lot better than the LT to compensate.

which isn't something i think you should do. I strongly recommend it be kept as it is.

wait until we add the ability to use the sideports on the heavy tanks.

16. Melee

Melee Member

Actually the NF hvy is really bad at turning eg has a slower turn rate so cant turn its sides as quick whereas the be hvy swings like a momma and can switch sides faster. try it.

17. nhammen

nhammen Member

Yeah, switch how fast the two vehicles turn! That would be a good balance.

18. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Haven't we already talked this through for damn big time?

And most of people agreed that NF heavy should have functioning broad turrets for 2 slots big cannon. Both turrets would use the same cannon and they would work only one at a time.

The only disadvantage on NF would be that they couldn't equip two railguns but they still could equip all the rest of the cannons.

Or just think of it if NF heavy would have 3+3 or 3+2 ML slots. Now put 6 or 5 standard mls on them. That's 24 or 20 missiles shot at a time. That's 96 or 80 missiles within extremely short time when you shoot whole clip. (Overheating not counted in but I think it would be possible to shoot at least 5-6 missiles without overheating.)

So no for extra missile slots and yes for another 2 slots big cannon.

19. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

my first words upon reading the missile thing: oh dear sweet jesus no. Double nukes seems way overpowered, and other missiles seem like poor compensation for double HE cannon. I say any other change- manouverability, weight, you name it, would be fine.

20. Simon

Simon Banned

Double nukes would not be overpowered because you would have no armor. UML does more DPS(when it is loaded) and uses much less heat then HE cannon. How would that be poor compensation????