NF Heavy VS BE Heavy

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

As said the advantage of the LT vs the AFV is no longer an issue at all.. Both tanks are pretty much on par since the light cannon nerf and the AFV's cannons' ability to aim much lower.

Anyone who says the BE Heavy isn't the superior tank is smoking crack and I would love to have some. Play tank wars and just keep count of the kills of two EVENLY matched teams, it isn't even funny how far in favour of BE that count will be(I've done it before). In a 1v1 fight of BE vs NF the score is multitudes higher on the BE side. The only way a NF LT will ever win against a BE heavy is if there is a n00b driver in the heavy and someone like Opie in the LT, two Opie's squaring off and the LT doesn't last 15 seconds(do the math on how many times it takes double HE shells to destroy an LT).

The Side cannons would be a very nice touch, but would need to be coupled with the additional heat capacity as you would just overheat like crazy. So we know that the side cannons aren't going to be put in soon with the other priorities going on right now so I would say increasing the heat capacity to 120 would be a great start for now and then add that component in later, or just add the 2 single slot cannons and have them be controlled by the driver for now.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm really not convinced that AFV = LT.

3. Simon

Simon Banned

Its not, they just both suck now so it isn't as noticable.

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Here's another one: NF can fire more rapidly, while BE has a regular ROF but with better cooling?

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I think that would be good or the heat capacity.

Faster firing rate for single cannon is equal to double cannons' firing rate.

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I have to admit I like this idea the most.

7. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I agree with more armor and weight. It worked before, why wouldn't it work now?

8. Slithzerikai

If you give the NF Heavy double three-slot MLs, it's going to be 'too obvious' of an equality to the BE Heavy. Then it'll basically be... what...? Unique in an ordinary way?

9. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

dbl missles. dbl missles. It'd be cool, it might be over powered against buildings but then dbl hes are pretty nasty with that too.
    DBL mls as long as they have weight expanded to fit...would be the COOL wow factor that needs to be there to counter the cool wow factor that the BE heavy holds. Talk about all the geeky rpg numbers all you want but a lot of gammers wont care to know that numerically statistically the tanks are the same they wont believe you when u say 'they suck and thats why they die' when theres 2 cannons shooting at them vs their one to shoot back with. I for one am a big fan of eye candy like Mls. OMG 6 single mls..fired in 2's... engy ammo box 2 hits of elcid. Tha'td be pure party.

The whole problem with nfs small advantage with the Lt is trumped when BE comes out with the meds. I still hold the superstition that the be med is more effective than the nf med, and infact is agood match for a nf heavy. <shrug>

How about so that theres just slots, not ml or canon specific slots but just slots to be filled. User does as they wish, 3 nukes? 3 hes? 3 bio mgs? 8 standard canons ..hah thatd be cracker

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

what about a quad missle slot? That way there can be only one nuke, or two 2-slot missiles.

I think the real fix is in speed and weight

11. Simon

Simon Banned

Any way to get 2 UMLs would be unbalanced. UML has a higher DPS then HE at much less heat usage.

12. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Can We mount a Missle launcher cluster onto the top of the NF jeep? Only 1 clip of 4 missles? The abillity to drop bannana peels?

13. Slithzerikai

I think jeeps will either have to make a choice for single slot cannons, or twin slot machine guns, but I don't know.

At least I hope it'll be that way, but I support more armor, speed, and maneuverability.

By the way, if a UML already outdamages the HE cannon, then won't it be better to just use an UML and HE cannon on the NF heavy as it currently is to make it stronger?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  14. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

The DPS is misleading as with the uml the effective range is much shorter than he. I'm sure the dps is figured with the tank sitting still and having all mls hit. If the tanks were moving around, a nf heavy couldn't chase down something with mls where the be heavy could. Accuracy is the equalizing factor here, its what makes the he mg bio mg etc so effective.
    Clip size too as theres only 4-5 mls to be fired before delay.

4-5 slots of ml sounds interesting though. It wouldn't be as beastly as 2 X3slots but at least it would show up as a sign that someones cares about NF too :)

15. Simon

Simon Banned

6mls fired before delay. 12 with two. Even with the reload taken into account the DPS is more than HE. UML is faily accurate at least enough to pwn buildings from a distance. It isn't as hard as everyone has been making it out to be to get hits with MLs on tanks. Ram, spam is the easiest way and with 2x UML it will be a legit tank pwning strat. Leading your target will get you hits. Spamming UML down the passage on slaughtered won the game for NF ont the epic slaughtered pug game. You can just spam them from a distance with no fear of redding whereas with HE you can't spam them without a fear of redding yourself out.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no way on earth would you get a cannon on a jeep, it would do a backflip from firing one of those things.

jeeps should have a one slot ML and a two slot MG.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd say balance it so that the NF heavy can do damage fairly constantly, while the BE is prone to rapid overheating if you unload both barrels psychotically.

18. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I want jeeps with fission engine to explode in a small nuclear blast when they are destroyed. I'd go around in my jeep wearing a turbin screaming "FOR ALLAAAAAH!" and suicide bomb run the enemy base. :D

19. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I think you can if the cannon is just enough well suspensioned.

Like, the cannon isn't one big solid tube which is attached to something but it is splitted up to many small sections which are then attached to each other by strong suspensions. The cannon "collapses" to a short stubby to reduce recoil and when it extends again to its full lenght it can be fired again.

20. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

you could always add two spontoon guns useable on the NF heavy and make it manable by people besides the driver ( adding a slot3 and slot4 which could have people in using the mgs) and have them as 2 slot mgs ( HE mgs:) ) and have it so the person who makes the tank can customise what mgs to have in the slots