Near death experiences

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Not saying don't be scared, but actively working towards your own demise is inadvisable. Just keep as many braincells in tact as you can for the time being.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but thats synonymous with living ... ;)

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you cannot live to the fullest without doing dumb stuff

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Life is only fun when laughing in deaths face, you just have to be responsible about it.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

This. And she's making me go again this Wednesday.

As for me;
    Wakeboarding - I fell and somehow hydro-dynamically angled my body so that my head hit the bottom of the lake at (what felt like) 20mph. Blacked out; regained consciousness floating (<3 lifejacket).
    Inner-tubing - Caught a double-up wave (when two boats pass eachother, the wakes meet and form one giant wave. hard to perfect) at the perfect angle to send me around 8 feet in the air. Going ~30mph, hit the water in fetal position. Caused me insides to feel like fucking bricks.
    Got a virus on my computer when I was like, 9. Was a back-door trojan allowing someone else to take control of my computer. I unplugged the router/modem but during that I somehow managed to shock myself. Hurt like a b*tch.
    When I was 7 or 8 we were playing this one team-based game where you sit on blue scooters (about 5cm up from the floor) and kick a ball. This huge [black] kid ran into me and the back of my head hit the [polished] wood floor pretty hard. My first blackout.
    Also ~7 or 8 I used to get about 8 ear infections every winter season. Went to the ER because once I felt like a train was going through my head.
    A few months ago riding my bike, this car pulling out of a side-street didn't stop at the stop sign and bumped me going ~15-20mph. Was awhile before I could ride again and now I'm stupidly paranoid of all vehicles.

'tis it for me. I still haven't broken any bones yet either.

*Ed
    And no, most aren't near-death. But still pretty scary.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Hrm, I take back what I said about no near death experiences. I went skiing one time and my glasses went through the snow maker and blinded me more or less. I spent the next several seconds tumbling down a hill, head over heals. Probably got lucky I didn't snap my neck. Not that it stopped me from skiing again.

ahwell. Actively working towards your own demise is more like, taking drugs that you know will kill your brain and liver. Or could possibly stop your heart. It's not that it could kill you, but that it will kill you, one way or another.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've had so many snowboarding and ski accidents that I should have broken my neck in that I've basically lost count, and somehow I've just avoided all injury. I went off a 10ft kicker heading off a slope and landed on my neck. I'm almost sure the helmet my school forced me to wear at the time saved me, so I have no issues with wearing a helmet when doing snowsports now. I can count at least 4 times I should have been really badly hurt, but got bailed out by my helmet.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Try a real mans sport like skateboarding.. Fuck helmets, even if its not fresh powder I will not wear a helmet, Just don't land on your fucking head lol

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

or a more manly sport like dirt biking.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

maybe if you dont wear a helmet then sure

11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Here in Minnesota we have free health care, where if you employer does not offer you health care you can get Ucare for like $9 a month. Or you can opted in for free health care but your limited to your providers.

12. Trickster

Laugh about helmets all you like when you're in a wheelchair.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

when i was 6 i got crushed by a huge 6th grader

my hatred for big fatties has never changed since

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

and i mean that in as many ways as possible

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

whoa dude.

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I know how to fall, and landing on your head/neck is not the way to do it. When I use to skate I would fall all the time but know how to break my fall so I walk away with only a sprained ankle/wrist. First of all know your limits, and if your about to land on your neck tuck your head towards your chin so you will land on your back.

I had a trampoline when I was a kid so I know how to control my body in flight, plus a helmet won't protect you from breaking your neck, just brain damage. :headshot:

17. Trickster

"I know how to fall". Yes, you can learn how to fall, just like you know not to go down on your wrists, etc. But if you get thrown into another angle in a split-second, there is jackshit you can do. But by all means, be all like "I don't need this helmet shit I'm pro", then go tell me how many "pros" you see who are stupid enough to risk their career by not wearing one.

And besides, you can fix a camera to a helmet. Which is awesome.

18. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

dubee is probably that pro, he would nail or weld the cam right onto his forehead xP

19. Empty

Empty Member

dubee is such a gangster he doesn't wear a helmet and this one time he crashed into a car but he fell crotch first into 13 seperate women and they all orgasmed then he busted 9 caps into 10 black peoples asses because they owed him money and he sat down and had a joint and then flew into the sky because hes so gangster

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lol

<filler/>