Near death experiences

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Dec 16, 2010.

1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Ah. That reminds me of the Mythbusters episode on surviving (and knowing what direction is up) if your car sinking in the water while spinning/upside-down. Though your body can tell what direction is up due to gravity, it can be confusing if you are panicking and distracted.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

And also if you just fucked the organs which detect gravity by spinning round 20 times.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You mean crying babies and horrible coughing with out covering mouths isn't entertaining?

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The blank walls and the heat was what got me really bored.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

dude were waiting room bros

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

When I was very little I was jumping on a sofa in a living room. Ended with my head cracked open at the table in front of said sofa. iirc that was my longest stay in a hospital till now.

I caught malaria when I visited vietnam. First time I had more then 40° fever.

I caught some strange flu in czech which no f****ing doc there was able to cure. Second time I had more then 40° fever.

Something spoiled was served to me in britain. Following pain in my abdomen was somewhat the first thing which made me lose conciousness.

Might think foreign countries hate me. Luckily I later had my third time more then 40° fever at home.

Two winters ago someone on the opposite traffic lost control in a bend an crashed into my car.

Last winter some guy accidently shot me into the leg on the drill ground. It was so damn cold I noted it first when my group leader shouted at me that I'm wounded.

Dubee, maybe those things influenced my life and how I look at things. But the effect somewhat becomes weaker each time....

7. Empty

Empty Member

This one time I tried to dance.
    Nearly died of embarassment.

8. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

More misconceptions.

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Of course they treat you, but then they slam you with a 300k dollar bill. So you might just as well have died.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

11. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

When you don't pay because you can't, government has to.

Of course you're still bankrupt, but that's better than being poor in a lot other countries.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

my healthcare is 80% free, and the things i do have to pay are free if i cant pay them without creating dept

also i can pick what hospital i go to or what doctor i want to treat me etc and all that stuff

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  13. flasche

mine is a 100% free, i only have to pay up to 5€ for medication if i buy it at a pharmacy (unless id get less then 744€ per month, then its completely free)

14. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

itt sixteen year old hamster who lives with his parents knows everything.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

They are also mostly 120V, 15A outlets. They certainly hurt when you get shocked, but its not fatal (unless your an 80 year old man with a pacemaker). The only outlets you need to be worried about in the U.S. are the circular ones they use for electric stoves or dryers. That shit can kill you.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Sorry, I've never put myself in a situation where I could be near death.

I've watched 3 people die though. Cousin to brain cancer. Brother went into coma after finishing rehab, He had sleep apnea or whatever it's called, but didn't wake up. 3 hours of oxygen deprivation killed what was left of his brain. it's really sad, he was a very talented jazz musician and d&b mixer. Last one was a kid who decided to run into the side of a truck that was making a left hand turn. He was on a moped going 40 in a 20 zone, hit the truck and rolled under it's rear tire. Watched him bleed out of his skull in 5 minutes while waiting for the paramedics trying to talk to him and comfort him. Not sure if he was aware of the situation or not.

In the end, dubee, this stupid shit will kill you. Even if it's 5 years down the line and you turn your life around. My brother was clean for the first time in years and he died in his sleep cause the damage was already done.

17. Cloud

Cloud Member

I don't believe I've been close to death, but i've stuck my finger in an open and switched on power outlet by accident once, gave me one hell of a shock, but that was about that.
    Also I've been in general anaesthesia 3 times, once for my atrial septal defect, and twice at the dentist.

18. Empty

Empty Member

Oh yeah, I've zapped myself too.

shit hurts :(

19. flasche

but the adrenaline rocks :D

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Death is here to remind me to live life to the fullest. I am not gonna be scared of it or ignore it. But yeah obviously, imma stop doing dumb stuff.