LF nerds for D&D 5th edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Look up orcs of stonefang pass.
    That shit is pretty green to me.

Remember this is a universe where all the races don't stick to stereotypical roles and appearances.
    Each and every single monster is a person in D&D and has their own personal story and reasoning.
    Everybody is different because reasons.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Man you know what would be fun? A dnd adventure where all the player characters are various monsters. Either trying to do good things when the whole world doesn't want you to and tries to kill you while you do it or the simple version of monsters being monsters and killing all those heroes, either of them sound really fun. Though I prefer option 1 because I have a hard time being a dick.

3. BigTeef

There are modules where you play as the antagonist party.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That hill troll had a family man!

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Didn't DDD say he would have a pool of players and whoever was available would play? He's still finding his feet but I think there'll probably be small rotations going on.

Me and my big mouth? :P I thought people were shy rather than drowned out to be honest. Also we didn't have many instances of things we needed to talk over...and really, Valmona didn't need to talk, she was too busy kicking ass.

They finally kinda did that in game form anyway! It was in a humble bundle a few weeks back: http://www.daedalic.de/en/game/Blackguards

The problem for monsters is there's no downtime, unless you say, create a mercenary company of monsters that were granted rights or similar due to some heroic efforts. So they'll be reviled but still be able to have somewhere to stay.

Also, forgot of Orcs and Men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksDMIaPCcM

6. BigTeef

7. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Playing-as-monster campaigns are easy to do in 3.5, if you have players skilled enough to understand all of the mechanics behind racial hit dice, level adjustment, and advanced character building. Quite fun tbh, especially in an Underdark setting.

I still need to know where to send my character pdf..... as in email address or upload to a google drive share folder or something.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Bah, there's a ton of ways to do it or reasons to come up with. Take for instances curses, a bunch of guards did get transformed into monsters. (And when I say monsters I do mean skeletons and giant spiders and flame elementals and all sorts of nasty things, I really don't mean orcs or goblins, people that can form their own societies.)

They have to help a certain nearby city from a dark evil by basically doing things from the shadows, either by sneaking or breaking into places and get rid of the corruption. It would look like terrible deeds to the townsfolk, you would frighten the cityfolk and have them chase after you trying to kill you the entire time if they spot you. Getting rid of the corruption can look like simple thievery with you taking cursed items that corrupt the minds of the local leaders or flat out murder and assassination if evil truly took hold of their hearts. The game is basically won when you can successfully eliminate the source of corruption. At that point you give back their humanity or whatever race they were(boring) or they're forced to keep their forms and then wander around, looking for ways to break their curse.

A super fun twist, or possibly a very predictable one, is that they were always monsters to begin with but due to some nearby relic a local god was able to give them the essence of man, the free will to think and act the way they want, which the god just happened to put down as "good". So in the end they endlessly search for something that was never there to begin with.
    Unless of course they find a way to make a monster human, oh ho.

9. BigTeef

I am setting the alarm on my phone for 10.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Oh, sorry, I meant to tell you over Steam but you haven't been online lately. Send me a dropbox link or some such, that will do.

11. BigTeef

Im skipping sleep because of your time scheduling bullshit.

12. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yes roll20 is being used. Also get on Steam and accept my friend invite!

14. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I would ask that summaries of play sessions be posted here, so that people who miss sessions know what's going on.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Summary:
    -Went to Crypt SW of the city, its a yellow dot on the map
    -Archeologist asked us to investigate it or w/e
    -Arrowtraps inside
    -2 Ghouls killed
    -5 Swordsman Skeletons killed
    -4 Archer Skeletons killed
    -Half the Crypt not discovered yet (time ran out, went back to the city), it's being left for the next session
    -We got like 20gp payment just for keeping track of it

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

After being asked for help from a member of the Royal Archeological Society, the party, consisting of Flint, Kevah, Marius, Rennan, Rodgerick and Sirius, followed him southeast of Boar's Tusk into a long-forgotten crypt. Inside, the adventurers faced a good few undead creatures (and stepped on EVERY trap they came across), but halfway through the exploration a violent storm brewing on the horizon (as spotted by the sentries) forced them to come back to Chezal to rest and heal before continuing the job.

17. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

You gotta be usin dat trap detectin skill

18. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I had a great time, I've just got to say we don't have enough magic compared to party size. People should buy healing potions or something of the sort. If I'm gone you guys are kinda screwed : P

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

"dinner is ready" traps are everywhere, tellin' ya.

20. BigTeef

I killed everything with my bear hands.
    I beat a skeleton with his own arm, I caved a ghouls skull in by aggressive hugging followed up by a noogie, I slammed one into a wall.
    And I sexually harassed kane the entire time, and I told shitty jokes for a good 5 minutes and saw everyone trying to hold the giggles in.

The webcams only feed my power, you cant stop this.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.