LF nerds for D&D 5th edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

You don't need to convince me of that. I'm 18 and have been doing this for years.

Just the situation is not as simple as I'd like.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Planned start is in 4 hours from this post. However, there might be a delay since I'm stuck away from home. I'll update you if I can't make it in time.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I never used to use a mic at that age. It's not a big deal if you can't, at least you would, lol. I never used to want to.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

Renann, Sirius, Rodgerick and Taufen (Ikalx) went south of Chezal to protect a farmhouse from bandits. When they arrived on the spot, they found the building already ablaze. The bandits responsible were dealt with quickly, and the thankful farmer told them the location of the local bandit leader - further south, on the other side of the river. When the party reached said river, they discovered that the bridge between Chezal and the rest of the kingdom was destroyed. They instead headed for a clearing, where they were ambushed by a small group of mermen. After the initial scare, the attackers were quickly disposed of. A few hours later, the group approached the bandit leaders hideout, and after a short skirmish the leader was no more. This secured the party a fair share of gold and much respect from the local farmers.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I screamed. Why do I never find mermaids waiting for me? :(

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Well ... we killed the men, so if you are willing to go for a swim you might find some griefing mermaids waiting for you :D

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

U P D A T E B O Y S

With the recent influx of brave adventurers, the morale of Chezal's townsfolk has increased somewhat. Even though they haven't returned peace to the area, they all proved to be friendly and helpful to the locals, with one group saving the miners and one dealing with a small band of brigands roaming the farmlands. The recent developments had yet to influence everyday life. Farmers, used to harsh conditions, had no trouble passing through the clearing that served as a stand-in for the collapsed bridge. Ore and lumber transports, while bigger and heavier, had enough man- and oxpower to push through. The few merchants trapped on this side of the Capital, however, refused to use the path, choosing to sit in the tavern all day instead, complaining about the mayor's lack of efforts put into reconstructing the bridge.

The smith had a supply of iron stocked up, but it is now running dry. The passing supply wagons refused to trade any of their iron, stating that the nobles owning the mines would have everyone's heads if their profits were reduced even by a smidge. Because of this, the smithy has closed down its doors to everything but the most pressing needs. But since the average farmer doesn't need a new set of tools every week, nobody except the smith himself cared about the cave-in. Sadly, without an encouraging bounty coming from the Capital, no mercenary will even consider going to the spider-infested mine.

The mayor, recognising the need for renovating the bridge and the wide range of difficult tasks adventurers can perform, ordered a new lumber camp to be set up near the forest in the west. While the trees there weren't as rare and high-quality as the ones from far to the north-east, they were much closer and in a safe (comparatively, this being Chezal) area. However, the plan backfired quickly as lumberjacks came back to town the same day they set off, bearing news of a large pack of bears scaring them away. The mayor has put up a bounty with what little tax money he had to put down the beasts. While not quite as important as the iron mine, the new lumber camp would allow the town to grow at a much faster rate than before.

The member of the Royal Archeological Society is still in town, holed up in one of the inn's rooms. He posted notices around the city about the crypts he wants to explore, with generous rewards awaiting any party that manages to clear one of all danger. The notice mentions four crypts.

A wandering group of mercenaries recently passed by the town, looking for simple guard jobs, but they soon went further north-east after they realised Chezal itself doesn't offer what they were looking for. Still, a few of them stayed behind, finding odd jobs for themselves. Perhaps they would be willing to come adventure together...for a price.

A rather disturbing rumour came back from the north-eastern reaches - a guard by a coal convoy claimed that his friend saw a couple of goblins sneaking around the hills. A goblin raid is one of the last things the town would need right now, but those are just rumours of a single man. Perhaps there is nothing to worry about.

You can also keep track of my .txt file since there may be changes to the whole thing.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh, so that crypt we went into wasn't cleared yet? Hmmm.

Man, if this was like mah video games I'd go straight into that spider cave for no rewards, but death does have a bit of permanence in this setting. Actually I'd still do it, but I know no one else will :(.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

We can meet up and you can go solo. I don't recommend it though, from what I planned so far you wouldn't even reach the mine :3

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Spoilers! :headshot:

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

Don't worry it doesn't tell you nearly enough.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Why not? I'd totally go.

Of course you'd probably have to sell Tauf' on reasons, but that's Tauf :p

13. Lazybum

Awwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhh, that's 2 for the suicide mission, who else wants in?

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yeah guys, organise yourselves, less work for me :p

Next sesh is gonna be in February though, exams are looming on the horizon - 2nd and 9th.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Are we talking about the crypt or the mine? If it's the crypt, I'm in, februar is quite some time off though :(

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Either you choose or I pick something, I have a few sessions prepared already.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Come look at roll20 if you want to see some cartography in action. I'm expanding the immediate area around town.

EDIT: Session's done.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  18. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I see you're going for immediate setting first rather than in-depth lore. That's good to start but I prefer lore first if only because it's reusable.

Maybe I should show off my campaign materials sometime - would be nice to run a roll20 campaign but I really can't.

On a somewhat related note, TS3 for iOS got updated - it now instantly crashes when attempting to join a server, instead of just being a shitty service.

Props to them for cutting to the chase.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

In-depth lore much like the intro I wrote a fee weeks back? Or even deeper lore with outright encyclopedia ebtry-like pieces?

20. Lazybum

I rather like what ddd made a couple of weeks back, it's straight to the point. Just enough to give a background to work off of then expand on while we play. I just don't care about all the really indepth lore stuff. It can either take forever to get into a game because of that or some fun stuff you wanted to do can't be done because of some rules you made in the lore.

I suppose if you really know what the campaign is going to be like that can actually be useful because the players can then use that info to solve problems, but pop quizs aren't exactly fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.