LF nerds for D&D 5th edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

....no? I see myself as the director and the players as the actors in my play, left for themselves to improvise because I don't give a nyone the script. If they play bad or the rolls suck, they get punished for it. Sometimes it means they don't get a discount at the store, sometimes it means they die. I do sometimes influence the event in a way favourable to the players, but I don't cheat to help or harm.

If I want pvp I play Empires or something, not invite friends over to my place and rulehack/BS as much as I need to win...

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Fair enough. Couldn't really tell if the joke about killing characters was actually a joke or a sort of truth made into a joke, sort of like satire, I guess? Maybe I'm using the term inappropriately though.

You know it's pretty interesting. Quite often there are DM's that kill everybody off or make it hard for players to save themselves, and usually those are the games you find where people lolz it up instead of playing properly. Because they can't really attach to characters because they know they'll die, and playing properly won't really help anything.

I was just trying to ascertain whether that's the route you were going down, since - with 3 deaths in a row (mine admittedly clean), it might seem that way. That's not really a game I'd like to play, but since you say you're not doing that, cool. I'd like to play again, if possible.

Moderate at best.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Liar..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's not cheating if it's an accident....it's just a mistake lol.

5. BigTeef

Which he refused to fix and admitted to changing the rules on the spot.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

@Ikalx: Not in a row, there was one deathless session. But seriously, misplays mean punishment in one form or another. That being said I don't just outright kill you for doing the wrong thing, I try for there to be a good few redeeming chances. This time, I rolled nearly max damage on 3d6, sure, but he had a full turn to clear away from clear sight and I rolled for a random target for the archers to fire at. Luck of the dice, really.

Making 10 a success would have been changing the rules on the spot since we were treating 10s as failures from the start.

7. BigTeef

You never said that until after.

You literately made it up, on the spot.
    Thanks to your webcam, your pokerface is complete shit.
    I knew exactly what you did.

You cheated me, admitted it, and wouldn't go back on it, people called you out on it, you still didn't go back on it.
    Then for some reason you have the balls to link this thread to me in a steam message.

Pushing more salt into the wound.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ouch! That sucks :headshot:

Not that I really want to make a big deal about this, but I never had a clear idea about what was a fail and a success. I was basically just looking to you to tell me, so until teef, it never actually mattered. I think to anyone, unless Firewarrior died with a 10 too.

He was actually just linking the story post, trying to say it was still going on, and that level 2 characters could work now. Teef, you do have the right to be pissed, but it's a bit long to just keep throwing the tantrum of "you're a liar, and a cheater and I hate you forever!"

You're bigger than that.

9. BigTeef

No im not, I am an adult and im allowed to be as pissy as I want to be and throw as many man child tantrums as I want too.
    He screwed me, and would not leave me alone with the linking when I said.
    I don't care anymore don't link me agian.

I specifically said multiple times to him, to leave me alone and stop linking me.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

*sigh*

11. BigTeef

Do you want me to lie about how mature I am?
    Because im not, I told candles hes playing video games wrong the other day because he ignores everything.

The moment I do that, everyone on this forum will invade this thread and call bullshit on that and open a whole other can of worms.
    And successfully derail the thread which is starting to sound good right now.

Me and complete_lamer can keep dumb bullshit going for at-least a week.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I probably managed to singlehandedly kill off more threads than you even read on these forums ...
    still wouldn't present my bare ass to get fucked over by some pseudo-scientific wanna-be troll at the first opportunity I see.
    And yes I'm aware of your post-count, how do you even get 3k posts a year ... :pathetic:

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Firewarrior rolled 1 and 2, so no. Anyway, I've been saying 50-50 on the death saves for a long time if not from the start. No hasty adjustment was made just to spite Mr. Manchild tantrum, no bluffs took place, no poker faces covered up any lies.

Teef said not to invite him to any games anymore, not to stop linking. He's changing testimonies and making things up. Rather petty.

14. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

At no time did you say not to go by the rules regarding death saves, so while I agree you can make up your own rules, you didn't for this stuff in advance, so this point is moot ... just saying ... and I would appreciate not to play dnd in hard mode.

Just to clarify, making a mistake from the beginning =/= purposly changing the rules. And now you're saying, we always did it wrong, so let's just pretend it was on purpose and continue doing it wrong.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

I didn't say it was not the same as the rules. I did say, time and again, that 11 and up is a success. And feel free to find "normal mode" DnD, roll20's search function is actually really good for this. I'm sure you'll find a better DM than me in no time :)

16. BigTeef

You have a Zone avatar, I don't doubt your skills.

I am home 12 hours a day, and sometimes gone during weekends. I get bored and want to talk to people.
    Rather talk to people on the empires forums because I know people here than enter a hugbox team-speak that will bug the shit out of me.
    Don't have a job, the moment I get one my forum activity will probably drop to 2 to 3 posts a day.

And most likely ignore everything and talk about video games and empire matches.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm trying to walk the line here, but honestly, Teef saying he's a pissy manchild is actually one of the things I like about him. Not that he's easy to play with or doesn't go a bit mental with the actions and things, but I kind of like that honesty.

On the other hand, you're like "I always said this, it's always like this, I stand by my decision." Where what you've always been saying - and we've always understood - has been "I'm still learning, I'll make mistakes, give me some space here."

I don't mind if you say you can't resurrect Teef. I don't mind if you say there has been too much time passed and once someone dies, if the session is over you consider it buried and gone. I don't mind if you don't give Teef any concessions at all - he does, sure, but he's already admitted to having a tantrum.

What I don't get is why you're sliding from right into wrong. Why you're getting more and more obtuse without reasoning, even resorting to "go away if you don't want to play". Which is not cool. Sure, you might be able to say that to teef because he's actively being rude and aggressive, but the rest of us?

What's your issue, really?

Just take some time to explain what your thought process is, so we can get it. I can't defend what I don't understand. No one can.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

Inconsistency I guess?

Who knows, I might be the manchild here after all.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

spoiler alert

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So anyways, that last story post, who were those set of adventurers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.