LF nerds for D&D 5th edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metruption

Metruption Member

damn yourself for taking the job :o

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's not you, it's me inviting new people (and wired)

3. Wired_4fun

Wired_4fun Member

I'll have you know, I scored at least 1/3 of the party's kills that session.

P.S. I didn't even know I had a forum account.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

All activity died down in the few days after the siege. The lumberjacks went back to their camp, sure, but the exodus prompted by the army will still be felt for a long time. The archeologist was thus surprised when a party of adventurers came looking for him, particularly because there were three new faces in it. Always eager for new discoveries, they set off a few minutes later - in the direction of a crypt to the south east.

Enna and Renann were joined by Blavada, Cacame and Roxo in this quest. After scouting the first few rooms of the crypt and encountering nothing of note, they charged into a room in which a couple men were dueling. They immediately turned hostile anda fight ensued. Through some foul, forbidden magic trick a small group of skeletons was fighting along the men. This took the party by surprise, and in an inexperienced panic, the spellcasters expelled their most powerful magic in that, all things considered, simple engagement. Blavada went down in the scuttle that ensued, but the rest of the aprty had no trouble clearing out the last two monsters that were left standing. The last surviving man retreated further into the crypt, where he met up with the rest of his kin and informed them of the incoming advenurers.

Roxo, tired of Renann's fumbling at the next room's door, barged inside only to be greeted by a shower of maces. To make things worse, the men had a spellcaster of their own, no doubt their leader - he casted a command spell on Renann, forcing her to backstab the dwarf, as well as a bolt of dark energy that almost knocked Enna out. Thankfully, Cacame scared the leader away with a foreboding whisper. The rest soon followed, as Renann and Enna skillfully dispatched them.

In that mess, Roxo went down, so Cacame ordered a short rest instead of chasing the men down - which might still prove to have been a very costly mistake. In that time, Renann found a chest with another piece of an ancient stone tablet. After a few hours, Roxo and Blavada came to their senses and so the party proceeded further, through a dug out tunnel, into a large room full of resting dead. They were an ill omen, as when Renann walked at the head of the party, she stepped on a trigger plate, which sent an arrow flying her way and shook the whole room violently, seemingly waking up the undead - they started getting up and surrounding the adventurers. It very quickly became apparent that they wouldn't sruvive if they stayed in there. A retreat was called, with the ladies leading the "charge", while Cacame stayed back and closed every door just behind Roxo to buy more time for his stubby dwarf legs. The skeletons, however, didn't seem to care for mere wood in their path and crushed through every door in seconds. This was still enough time, however, and Roxo managed to get out, albeit badly hurt. Enna locked the hidden door into the crypt, sealing the undead off once again.

What was waiting outside for them wasn't much better. The two bodyguards that came with the archeologist were clubbed dead, and their mounts and the noble himself was gone. Horse tracks left by them led northeast, in the direction of the sole watchtower that Flint helped build a few weeks back. The party was too battered to go continue on looking, and returned hastily to Chezal to spread the news. Perhaps it is not yet too late and some other group will find the archeologist, hopefully still in one piece.

Anyone interested in another session on Saturday, at 7 PM UK time? LF 4 players again.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

sure why not

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Would be cool, if you don't mind me playing.

7. Z100000M

Oh and D, if you dont mind, control the time a bit more stricly this time around if you could.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yeah we won't be waiting for slackers as much this time, we'll fit in 4 hours no problem.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'M THERE. IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I TOOK AN AXE TO THE FACE. OM NOM NOM NOM. DELICIOUS.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Fuck it, I had fun. Lemme in.

11. Metruption

Metruption Member

I'm going to return.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Players:
    Zoom
    Ikalx
    Lazybum
    Candles
    Rserve list to call if someone runs late (I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry):
    Metruption

I guess we are set.

13. Z100000M

I really need to update the spell descriptions.

Oh and remind people to set up macros in roll20 char sheets. Manual rolling seems to be on the slow side. Still no idea why i cant roll a normal attack though.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

You didn't input crit damage, apparently you needed it in there. I added crit damage rolls and now it works.

Also I'm not too big on the macros just yet, but yeah they could be set up. People pick up on the typing after the first few rolls though.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Mark me off; I won't be able to make it.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

The party, consisting of Blavada, Cacame, Flint, and a newcomer to these parts, Tharrun, set off to find some dragonfeather weed for the priests. As per John the guard's advice, they went north and then west after encountering a group of hunters returning from a hunt. For almost two full days they trudged along through the woods, until they ran into a bandit ambush. After a valorous fight, Cacame was brought down and bled out before aid could arrive. Tharrun personally slew the elf's killer while Flint and Blavada took on their leader.

After that devastating loss, the party decided to turn tail. They returned home, to Chezal, in one piece, but with one less friend to their name.

tl;dr I fucked up positioning, and then crazy hit rolls all over, rip 4th person in our history

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

If anyone's wondering, the most important thing in these games seems to be the ability to run, and how much armour you wear.

If you can be a tank, I'd recommend it :p

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I find this funny, any rogue like game I played or even here in dnd the best option is to be able to kill things in one turn, preferably multiple things in 1 turn. And yet here I am...

We really should try running more often, or something that doesn't involve fighting like bribing or talking things out. Fighting doesn't seem to be going too well most of the time.

20. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.