Lets Play: NationStates

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

In my first 3 days everything was amazing. It takes time to fail.

2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

the name "brothels" is taken... "whores" aswell :(

lal xD

AND POLITICAL FREEDOM IS FOR THE WEAK!

RULE WITH A IRONFIST!

3. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

The Dominion of Aeoneth is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 18%. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Soda Sales industries.

Crime is a problem. Aeoneth's national animal is the spider monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the ae.

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
    Civil Rights:Excellent
    Economy:Strong
    Political Freedoms:Very Good
    Regional Influence: Minnow

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

My politicians are retarded, they seem to think phoenix's can be used as a source of food >.<

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

my nation legalized weed and makes enough money from taxes on it to pay for health care.

6. Waffle Prime

Waffle Prime Member

Hmm I use to play this back in the day. I'll have to remake the glroious technocracy of Wafflestan. We had sweet cyborg ninja secret police, and the best flag ever.
    [​IMG]

7. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

The Free Land of Taimalia

“Procreate with women, achieve financial success!”

Category: Corrupt Dictatorship
    Civil Rights:
    Very Good
    Economy:
    Fair
    Political Freedoms:
    Rare

The Free Land of Taimalia is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 7 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Elections have been outlawed and euthanasia is legal. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Taimalia's national animal is the bluegill, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the bud.

Taimalia is ranked 15th in the region and 25,676th in the world for Fattest Citizens.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wow...played this game ages back, like 5-6 years lol. Was it beta then, or summat? Seems like a few others used to play. I guess my state probably doesn't exist anymore.. :(

Excuse me?

9. Empty

Empty Member

The Republic of The Black-Hole is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 37%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Black-Hole's national animal is the narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the post.

It was a kingdom but for some reason it's a republic now lol.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

ANIMAL ABUSE!!! CALL PETA!!! THATS NOT THEIR NATURAL HABITAT ^^

11. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Animal Aboose! Animal Aboose!

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

wow have u looked at forums they are pretty gay

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Hai gais I hope u don't mind if some of mah friends come join us in the nation thingie. :)

14. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

The increasingly militant Animal Liberation Front struck again last night, freeing dozens of chickens bound for delicious snack packs.

I am a psychotic dictator, where did these idiots get the idea preventing me from having my snack packs would be a good idea?

15. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

It's probably cause they're PETA in disguise.

16. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

True. I decided to place a meat tax so that everyone wins, except for the poor, CAUSE I BAN EVERYTHING! I BAN BEING POOR!

Apfelsaft's national animal is the Larch, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests
    Find the funny in that sentence. I dare you.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  17. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Three days in and the humble Republic of Mageknight is doing pretty well. I wonder when I'm going to get bait-and-switched by an issue. I'm doing two a day so it's bound to happen sooner than later.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

The Borderlands of Sanitational thoughts

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
    Civil Rights:Very Good
    Economy:Reasonable
    Political Freedoms:Very Good

19. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Blizzerd, your nation has no prisons O_o. Mine must have thousands, considering I outlaw everything :D.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

prisons are obsolete, the only used civil penalty is frowning uphon the criminal by a proffessional "frowner"