Lets Play: NationStates

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Cloud

Cloud Member

It's a certain person who starts with mr and ends with die.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

MADRE DE DIOS!

And since I'm the big cheese around my country I have outlawed diplomacy.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

You are not ranked overall. You are ranked by a different attribute each day. Today we are being ranked on who has the healthiest population.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im ranked 16th

5. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I'm ranked last.

6. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

"I don't object to the amount of tax, I object to where it's being spent," says social reformer Max Licorish. "I'd like to see everyone have a choice as to where their buds go every time they fill out a tax return.

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

"We remain critically short of blood plasma and various organs," says EpicZeke One hospital administrator Samuel Hamilton. "Especially hearts. A good heart is hard to find. But if we were allowed to pay for donations, we'd get more of them and could save more lives. Plus the donor takes home a few hundred cakes in compensation. Unless it's a post-mortem donation, of course. In that case we'd pay the family."

Just a few hundred xD

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  8. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Guys, I lost my psychotic dictatorship by being so nice. Im sad.

9. Omneh

Omneh Member

What could possibly go wrong? :3

10. OuNin

OuNin Member

The Bad Dudes of Badassadad

Category: Compulsory Consumerist State
    Civil Rights: Very Good
    Economy: Thriving
    Political Freedoms: Few

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The Republic of Santiago de Grantrania is a fledgling, pleasant nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6 million are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 23%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Elections have been outlawed and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a problem. Santiago de Grantrania's national animal is the poo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the grantric.

Santiago de Grantrania is ranked 18th in the region and 35,993rd in the world for Healthiest Nations.

woot zero environment because I wanted to mine uranium.

Someone should also draw a map of the empire of rage and then we make empires levels out of them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  12. Axeman

Axeman Member

Already had a nation for a while.

All of you little nations with 10 million people, Im at 1.7 billion.

I can invade any of you at will, coincidentally I can hold power on the WA.

So basically, endorse Tsghut for World Assembly, the stronger the nation in the WA, the more weight it can throw around.

Group raiding anybody?

The Federated Empire of Tsghut is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Michael Hollzenhrom with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.704 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vaxi. The average income tax rate is 33%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.

Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tsghut's national animal is the Taylesse Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Taro.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  13. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

The Dominion of Gigabaconia is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 9 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 37%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

Voting is voluntary, military spending is on the increase, meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy, and Gigabaconia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force. Gigabaconia's national animal is the hoary marmot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the strip of bacon.

Gigabaconia is ranked 15th in the region and 33,339th in the world for Healthiest Nations.

Civil Rights:
    Very Good
    Economy:
    Developing
    Political Freedoms:
    Rare

AHAHAHA i has foul-mouthness.

14. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

The Republic of Zeals HappyPlace is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 6 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 42%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Voting is compulsory. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Zeals HappyPlace's national animal is the 1-minute flies, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the meow.

15. Cloud

Cloud Member

Heh..
    Flailing About is ranked 33rd in the region and 41,661st in the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.

I've banned cars :V
    It's a miracle that im not at the bottom.

16. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I was wondering about that.

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Huh Hoh,
    I'm paying monez to mah auto factories, how can I haz not first place ...

well, second place is fine too i guess :)

Btw, wassup with all those hard nosed ppl in your countries?

18. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

When are we going to start "assimilating" other regions?

19. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

augh I fucking hate this game

20. Zeke

Zeke Banned

*scratch the head*

How did peoples civil rights improve from "unheard of" into "some" by allowing them to sell their organs for money...
    and why did i go from psychopath into corrupt due to it...

Oh well, the next step is to implement cameras all over the place which should turn things back to normal... :rolleyes: