Job Predictament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alucard13mmfmj, Nov 4, 2012.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i'd say im quite impatient. even when i was teaching my own sis ;s

im sometimes not confident if i taught it right or if i even know.

----

i wouldn't say its pedo.. its just awkward.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Mcgyver knows what's up.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I heard that some girl in the UK just auctioned hers for nearly £450k. I'm sure Alucard could pass as a girl.

Also I give up. He clearly doesn't want to work because he's just making excuses for every option. He either gets his shit together or he'll spend the rest of his life being worthless. His choice.

4. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

You don't always get to do what you want to do. Deal with it. #livingthehardlife #swag #wrenches #yolo+swag #datass

5. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Depends where you live

6. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

gotta get a shit job + volunteer.. and maybe later on get a better job at some company or organization.

i think that is the only way for me.

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Join the 47%, we have cookies.

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

So my muscles hurt like hell from jogging. Hella sore even when i shift my weight @_@. Gonna be sore for next 3-4 days.

Also no cavities from dentist checkup.

9. Trickster

This is because Paradox is wrong, and I (Lawliet too) am right.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

How much fucking jogging did you do? When it starts hurting, you slow the fuck down, if you don't just outright stop. Pain is the body telling you "FUCK THIS SHIT".

Any shit you heard about "No pain, no gain" is bullshit.

Also, both Trickster and Paradox are equally right here. You either can start with weight training or you can start with cardio. It depends what you want to do. Cardio is all around better for you, the faster you make your heart less shit the sooner you'll feel better and the longer you'll be able to do shit in general. Being able to lift shit that weighs more than twenty pounds for an extended period of time is pretty useful if you decide to train muscles.

Really, if he's as out of shape as he sounds, I'd be worried about the bones. Weight training adds more muscle mass to deal with, and really most people are shit at running/jogging/walking fast in the first place and slam their damn feet into the ground with every step. If you make yourself strong without properly strengthening your bones and arches first, your feet and calves will feel like shit for a long time if you try jogging.

In conclusion, why don't you just do both? Muscle-training one day, jogging the next. Strengthen the bones in your legs, improve your heart and build muscle mass. Unless you need improvement in a specific area ASAP, that's really your best bet. You know, like they do in the actual military?

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

agree with candles. As long as your not doing muscle bulding in your legs and then jogging the next... that would fucking kill you.

12. Trickster

Dear god, do not alternate Cardio/Strength until you have solid bases. It rips you to pieces.

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Do you like exercise yourself? Cause you're telling all this stuff that just sounds ridiculous to do but you barely exercise yourself, atleast in my head you dont exercise.

Anyway, keep jogging, dont stop exercising cause your muscles are soor for 4 days. Just take it easy next run but keep running. Being persistent will get you fit, you dont have to rush it you have over a year. after 3-6 monhs running should be easy so you can just run on automatic and in the meanwhile just think about stuff and reflect. About what you need to do in life.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I just started excersizing again after years of doing nothing. I want to get back into rock climbing. My god am I out of shape, I don't look that bad, could stand to loose a stone but fuck me I need to stop smoking.

15. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

He lifts dude. Do you even lift? Probably not cause you're an ectomorph and realized you won't stack on any significant results.

Soreness should last 1-2 days. You should do cardio 3 times a week. Lifting 2-3 times a week. Usually if you lift twice a week, it is good to workout every muscle twice (chest one day, chest the next day you lift). Separate lifting days with a rest period.

I'm assuming you're mostly sore in your quadriceps and calves (I always used to be sore in my calves when I ran. I had bad running form.) When I ran this year, I changed up my form to something very similar to a cross country athlete and then I saw it was giving my quadriceps a somewhat okay workout. I wasn't really impressed with it but you can't hate.

@candles
    If you're worried about pain, muscle mass won't cause pain in the bones. It usually helps considering you are putting more stress on the muscle when you walk than the bones. Running isn't as high impact as jumping but I can understand your point. He's probably not even running correctly and he is probably going too fast.

@alucard
    Here's what I would recommend. Tell the jogging to go fuck itself. You're better off training your heart doing a HIIT program. That way, you benefit after doing a HIIT workout. Your metabolism will spike upwards during and after HIIT. With something easy like jogging, your metabolism is only high for the workout. And maybe a little bit after during your cooldown.

HIIT is all around easy and is more ideal for fat loss. I'll recommend something you can try out which will build you up to a solid base. Sure you might not be able to train your slow-twitch muscles but your fast-twitch muscles will definitely give you an advantage over everyone.

As for lifting, stick to calisthenics. Weight lifting isn't all that great and knowing you, you will probably end up injuring yourself. Push-ups and pull-ups are great (you probably can't do a pull-up but it doesn't really matter). I'll link you to a couple of things that got me to a solid base quick. If you don't do a HIIT program, I will also link you to something that is more for you so you don't completely destroy yourself.

Also, before a workout, stretch. I can't stress this enough. That is the reason you're sore. You didn't stretch before or after your workout. You probably didn't even warm up did you? It is crucial you stretch after running. It'll prevent some soreness.

In the 30 minutes after your workout, I recommend drinking milk. Milk provides you with some casein+whey protein. I don't really think you want to be a brute as much as you want to have endurance.

As for your sore muscles, stretch + apply ice in 20 minute intervals (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off).

Here's a couple of links to some stuff I've done which really helps me keep my base (I play Ultimate Frisbee so I have to sprint and lift in order to out-compete everyone).

HIIT Program (cardio)- http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-8-week-hiit-for-fat-burning-program.html

For this I would recommend sprinting for maximum results. If not, jump roping at a high pace works fine.

C25K (cardio) - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Calisthenics - http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.DeA7XEmp.XQEtDuV8.dpbs
    http://twentypullups.com/
    http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

Add in planks. Those are really important. And plus it won't completely kill your back if you have issues doing sit-ups.

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I dont lift, I just go swimming 4 times a week. Lifting is so unnescesary in my eyes.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

And then you use your brain to say "humans were made to run forever!" and say fuck that shit and keep going. MUUAHAHAHAHAHA.

18. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Humans weren't even meant to wear shoes. Why can't we just go back to being 4 legged? America wouldn't have a problem with obesity if we were 4-legged.

19. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Back in my days I was a pretty fast runner and quite agile.

I remember dodging 5 dodgeballs at once lol. doing some ninja shit.

I broke some running records for my high school JROTC.

I guess back in the days I should have tried out for track and field and do something for myself. But I guess I didnt have my priorities straight back then (and not straight until recently). I think I was playing a game back then as a guild leader and didn't do much.

However, long distance running = fail. I believe I have minor asthma, because I remembered when I was little I used an inhaler (grape flavored). I usually end up in the middle of the pack and hella out of breath afterwards. Right now, I am out of breath after 5minutes and sometimes my tummy hurt :(.

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You sound like you are 50.