Job Predictament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alucard13mmfmj, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

gg mcgyver is right.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i-pod woudl be nice to get the tiem to fly by.

----------

edit: gonna go jogging in about 2 hours when it gets dark/less hot and before dinner.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  3. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

WTF. My computer clock and my room's clock is behind by 1 hour. I couldn't job before dinner. WTF it is only time in my room.

I am also getting cuts on my face from an unknown source... maybe it is my dog cause my dog sometimes sleeps on my pillow after I asleep or my electric razor is cutting me.

OR it could be ghost.. but wtf.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Actually no. It's a common myth that running and swimming "train all your muscles" but it's one of the most inefficient ways of doing it. The only muscles it trains properly is your heart, which is obviously for fitness (cardio). In terms of your other muscles, it's still a slow, inefficient and painful way of doing it. Lifting is way, way faster, and overall, considerably less painful and time consuming. The problem is, people think lifting is just training your masturbation arm with dumb-bells, and that's really dumb. Proper lifting with a bar-bell and a program will train most muscles in your body, without turning you into a 400lb bulldozer, by building dense, strong and lean muscle. Once you've got a good base then you can think about working in cardio as well, but trying to do the cardio at the same time from the start will just completely shred your muscles, and it hurts like fuck.

5. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

can i recommend a zune?

6. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i like how this turned into something about exercising and ipod.

i just did some light jogging. i hope i wont get too sore. i got a dentist appointment this wednesday and i need to concentrate on potential tooth pains and no the muscle aches haha.

so one of my friends is going back to community college. i was in a few classes with him when we were in community college. apparently he stopped going to school and became a line cook. he can become a chef eventually, but pay sucks so he is deciding to go back to school to study maybe CIS. i might see him at the community college again lol.

7. Trickster

You mentioned military and you being out of shape. It's not a huge reach.

8. Paradox

dude, he wants to get to the military not fucking lift 300000 pounds. He needs to get in shape and swimming gets you in shape. If you regularly go swim you'll be in shape, meaning fit and healthy, not fit and muscled as fuck. + having a swimmers body helps with the ladies, if ofcourse he's not hmosexual

9. Trickster

I just said, it's not about that. The point is that it's an inefficient way of building muscle. There's no point being able to run 10 miles if you can't carry a backpack with 10kg on your back. If you muscle-train first, you'll then be able to start running/swimming without it ripping your muscles to pieces, thus having lean muscle to build on whilst working on your cardio.

10. Paradox

well you are not suppose to go full training if you cant swim to start out with, you build things up, so you dont get your muscles torn to fuck

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Isn't that a good thing?

12. Paradox

if you tear muscles you cant train for like weeks

13. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I think you're talking about straining your muscle. Not tearing fibers in your muscles. When muscle fibers are torn, your body activates cytoskine secretion which just repairs your muscle fibers. This can result in muscle bulk. You can also call this hypertrophy.

14. Paradox

Duno what the exact word is but I mean when your muscles get ripped from each other litterally break in 2 cause you overextend to fast when you tense up. Had it happen to me once and mutherfucker it hurts.

15. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Tearing of ligaments = strain
    Tearing of tendons = sprain

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

This thread went bad really fast. A lot of stupid people (but not surprised).

This is a common myth? This is common sense.

17. Trickster

I wrote that sentence poorly. What I meant was, the idea that you'll just magically get more muscle all over your body isn't true. It's 90% training your heart muscles (cardio) and 10% other muscles. Weight training is the opposite way round.

18. Paradox

Well to go to the army is it not better to get cardio and just be fit, than to be muscled and not be able to keep exercising up for more than an hour?

19. Trickster

I'm just saying that generally speaking, he should weight train first to get a decent muscle and shape setup (yeah that's the only word I can think of), then start swimming/running. You can do it the other way round but I'm telling you, doing the weights first is infinitely less painful.

20. Paradox

if you train normally with swimming you shouldnt be in pain or is he trying to get in shape in like 1 month cause bro that aint happening.