Job Predictament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alucard13mmfmj, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Man the fuck up.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Excuses alucard.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If you insist on running, which, like I said, is easily the most inefficient way of going about things, then do this:

[​IMG]

And fucking stick to it. It won't lose weight for you but it will get you fitter.

4. Paradox

This is actually a really good schedule to get started on running, would change the start though cause its like a really slow start for in my eyes people that just havent ever sported.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I think the start is just fine. Eight minutes of jogging over twenty-one minutes I know would be a lot for some people.

6. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

that chart was similar to what i was doing.. run a min, fast walk for a min... but usually because i am hella out of breath and i needed to catch my breath.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  7. Paradox

question, are you running or are you running cause I can run for about an hour straight but only run run for 20-30 minutes

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

haha i dont have the endurance and stamina and lungs to run straight for long periods.

also, i kinda want to buy something... it has been a while since i bought something for myself :S.

anime figure or NS2?

9. Paradox

buy yourself some decent fucking running shoes, or just dont buy anything.

spend it on healthy food and fucking shit that helps you in life instead of fucking buying shit, you jobless piece off organism.

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Nobody does. That's the whole point of exercising, to build up your endurance and stamina.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

speaking of running. im doing a 5k tomorrow and i cant even run 1k. wish me luck everyone

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm sorry Alucard but you are fucking worthless. You won't better yourself, you complain about money and then you want to buy fucking dolls for yourself. Get your shit together or get the fuck out.

13. Candles

Alucard, I try my best to not say things like this, but I'll try my best:

Man the fuck up.

Get yourself some willpower, get some self control. You're in a pickle, don't buy shit you don't need. Baby steps motherfucker, do you know them? If you jump into this thinking that you can rock the world with willpower alone, you're already fucked. Likewise, if you go into this saying you can't do it, you're gangbanged by five men in a dark alley.

You tell yourself, "I can do this shit. But I need to take it slowly. Baby steps." Don't do any crazy "NO PAIN NO GAIN, FIGHT 'TILL YOU DROP!" kinda' shit, and don't do any "Waaah, I can't run for shit and I'll never get anywhere," kinda' shit either. You need to do this shit like a BABY, but don't act like a fuckin' BABY either.

You can do it. You damn well can do it. I've seen people in worse shit turn their life around. I had a friend who graduated high school with a 1.5 GPA, with his parents disappointed in him and him thinking he couldn't do shit. What did he do? Got a fuckin' 9 - 5 job, rented an apartment with friends, started attending community college. Has he gotten much anywhere yet? Not really, it's only been a year. But he's damn well on his way to getting somewhere. If you're considering the military, it's even easier assuming you don't get shot in some hellhole and rot away in a trench. You get paid, everything you'd ever want is subsidized by the government. You're going to be damn happy that this country shoves billions into the military, because a lot of other countries don't put that much into something that can turn a man's life right-round.

So, to reiterate, man the fuck up. Don't be a bitch. Because you have two choices.
    The first is to bitch about how you life sucks, end up in an inner city crack house and die from getting shot by the police or from drugs.
    The second is to stop bitching about how poor your outlook is, do something about it to de-fuckify your life, and make something of yourself.

It's your call.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah the other dumb countries put their money in free university access so stupid ...

15. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Stop getting pulled down to alucard's level. Just do a single post, as I did, explaining what he should do. If he doesn't, oh well good luck living with your parents for the next 30 years. Also, if these retards want to argue about exercise, all you have to do is look in the mirror. I don't need to read an empires thread when I can just google what half of you retards plagiarized from.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'm in a similar position and my advice is to just keep applying.

Frankly at this point I figure I'm volunteering at a shop, working part time (but unpaid) for my grandfather, and holding a damn good relationship with my girlfriend. Aside from being a lot poorer than I'd like I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Ain't my fault nobody has a job for me, everyone I have worked with thinks I'm great at it, it's just there are a lot of people with a lot of experience out of work at the moment, and I can't compete with that yet. But I'm still a perfectly good person, and one day I'll be a badass middle manager wearing a moderately priced suit and making everyone hate me with my persistent optimism. It's just a matter of time.

Life goals man, that's what you gotta have.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or free healthcare, so dumb why would you want to survive when you can kill.

18. Candles

I seriously hope you two are just being facetious, because I was half joking about that. Obviously there are better things to shove billions of dollars into other than the military, but unlike a lot of other countries, a side effect of that is that the military is always hiring, and always will be hiring. Free education and healthcare are great things, but the former won't get you a job without experience and the latter won't get you one either.

I'm not commenting on whether or not it's a good thing, I'm just saying it is as it is and he might as well take advantage of it.

19. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

I am filing my Fictitious Business Name form (26 dollar) at the county records clerk.

To get it published and statement filed for me (50 dollar). To get a business license and home permit (226 dollar). I still need to do these >.<

I filed my seller's permit (free).

I should just go for it. I should stop putting off my business. Whether I fail or succeed in my business, it is a learning experience. Besides the permits and licenses, I don't really have to put any money down because majority of my orders will be pre-order items (which people tell me I should just manually edit orders for now). I've been wasting time trying to find a pre-order system for my shopping cart. I might buy like 200-300 USD worth of stock for in-stock items. It can be something I can put on my resume one day that I ran a business (successful/not successful).

Also, I kinda need some help in designing the finishing touches on my site. My friend, who helped me, had his entire first floor of his house flooded from Hurricane Sandy. He has a lot less time to help me because he commutes 2x2hours to work each day because he and his mom is now living with his uncle temporarily.

I've been thinking about how to do promotions to get customers. I am thinking freebies =p...

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3710/Nendoroid+Asuna.html not my site btw ^^.. just product page from the maker.
    For every 20 orders, 1 person will get their for free (excluding shipping fee). So if you are order #5 and there are 20 orders, you have a 1/20 chance of getting yours for free. That is not all! If there is 40 orders, then you have a 1/40 chance. 60 orders, 1/60 chance. The sooner you order, the more likely you can get it for free and have more chances (diminishing value). Did the math. I make 10 USD per nendoroid sold. 20 orders = 200 USD. Wholesale price is 35 USD. so 200-35 = I still make 165 USD.

To protect myself, I would refund money to the customers that won AFTER the return period has passed so people wont return their item just because they didn't get freebie.

Anyone have ideas on promotion tactics?

I decided to do this because my local wholesaler accepted my application to get an account with them. I saw their prices and certain types of items were acceptable in terms of pricing.

Btw, does anyone know of a good forum platform the use? I havn't made a forum since my days playing Ragnarok Online 5-6 years ago... I think I used invision board back then.

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I have been very pleased using Invision although it costs money. Its pretty customizable and you get good support. If you want free... PHPBB is one of the most customizable out there but, it can be difficult to get started for those not "in the know" or "capable" of learning.