Infiltration Round 4: Can't see shit Cap'n

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Dec 31, 2009.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

In that case: I vote melarion, there`s no hint to him (that I can figure out so far) and I think he `ld be a good com, ...:)
    Pls scout him anyway, we don`t need another cpatton like traitor-commander ... happy new year btw you sandfreaks ~~

Btw: It would be helpfull to elect infils after the commander-vote because there aren`t enought clues in the beginning ... just my 2 cents ...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Look closely at what Empty posted guys:

Their are no scouts this round. Perhaps, like last round, random people will be chosen to be scout, but information form these possible scouts will be very hard to trust. Melarion, your plan will not work at all, and I find your logic very flawed.

I can promise something noone else here will: I will not exercise my Commander powers unless I know I will kill an infiltrator. If anyone has a more compelling argument than that, please inform me.

Metal Smith, I find your reasoning irrational, but you're probably just messing with us. I find the only suspicious person here to be Kane. He's the first person to vote for another person! :rolleyes:

Also, I apologize for my earlier post. I was typing it on a crappy cell phone.....during a long car ride. :p

P.S. Empty, I have three questions:

1. Can a bodyguard be an infiltrator?
    2. Must the Commander's
      power be used right after being elected, or can the Commander withhold the power for later use?
    3. What is the situation with the Scouts? Will you use the same system as last round, where a random base crew is selected to be a Scout every night?

3. Empty

Empty Member

Nothing secretive this round.
    I promise.

1. No, bodyguards are base crew, always
    2. It has to be used on election day
    3. No scouts at all.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

changing my vote to aaa50

5. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I don't see no clues to myself, at all. I'm a safe vote.

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Troll more pls, but yeah you have a point, there aren`t any scouts this time therefore we cannot trust Melarion ;/

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If you vote for me as the commander, my first day slay would probably be Architech. Firstly, There are many remarks about the architecture in the opening story.

alright, that last one has nothing to do with architecture, but I thought it sounded funny.

The many references to the structure of the base seem to be enough to go with it for the time being.

I'm not rabble rousing, I just think that if there has to be a death on the first day, that at least I have a reason for it.

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

lol btw, it is much better with the paragraphs cut off like that architech XD

9. Empty

Empty Member

For gods sake if I say 'Ikalx fired a pistol' you'll all be like 'Scardybob plays empires and empires has guns so Scardy is infiltrator'

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ikalx snorts loudly and takes the floor. "Yeah right, please find a cliff and throw yourself off it, would ya? Anyone promising certainty is either a fool or an infiltrator. There is no certainty, but have fun getting your infiltrator friends to vote for you."

He waves his hands in the air as he continues to let off steam. "Hell, i'd rather vote Meliarion on those grounds, even if he has no people skills and no charisma and really does not know that rambling on with a lot of logic does not make it unassailable. Dealing with people always leaves you vulnerable."

Ikalx holds up two fingers. "For instance, i'm going to vote Metal Smith for 2 reasons:

1) He has a trustworthy record where he has not been suspect before and said pretty much the same things, and
    2) He's easier to read because his conversations are more personable - boring lame rambles mean that you can't follow the train of thought properly and get suckered in simply because you don't pay attention. Exciting, rabble rousing statements mean either you'll find him out fairly quickly (albeit after losing a few people) or he will polarise the base, allowing you to isolate those who vote for a specific candidate easily."

He looks around the room intently, holding a telling finger in front of him and shaking it. "Note well that nothing I say has assurances that I not an infiltrator and I am not in cahoots with Metal Smith. Such will always be the case, because certainty on this battlefield is a myth. If you are certain, you draw a target on yourself or kill innocents. Past reports from such events have taught us this much."

Edit II: Bleh...you put it in their heads now, Empty.

11. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

What?

Could you, sir, please tell me what you think what the meaning of the word "architecture" is?

The word "structure" may refere to engineering, but that's it in my opinion.

Also, this popped up in my mind:

1# You wan't me to die because you don't expect me to be a special class,
    because I just signed up on the forums, and because(I think) people don't know me that well I am not given a special class,
    thus you would rather kill a base crew then to potentially kill a player with a special class.

2# You just don't like me and wan't me dead.(If this is the case, then you are wasting your ability in my opinion)

3# You are an infiltrator, but because people would probrally find out that I am just a base crew member,
    they would then start argueing about your methods and probrally hang you on the second day - therefore I find it unlikely.

Also:

AstroArchitect woke up after a few hours, wondering what had gone on in the mean time.
    He heared noise outside and decided to take a look.

"The architect has been acting supiciously lately!" he heared someone shout from a crowd that had gathered around a small table.

He tought for a few seconds, and then slowly aproached the table.

"I am not an infiltrator if that is what you think. Wich makes me wonder, what makes you think I am?" he said with a calm voice.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Just a quick word, you do not HAVE to make a mini-rp segment. However, I enjoy them, so by all means, go ahead!

13. Cloud

Cloud Member

Nice team fortress 2 reference ya got in the story segment there :V
    Also, randomvote kane.

Hey Empty, what'd happen if an infil became commie?

14. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Well I had made plans for all the possible scout options, if no scouts came forwards then I could say that we had no scouts. If multiple scouts came forward then I would be able to check their credentials before I fully trusted them as scouts. If you can see the flaw in my logic please identify it, baseless accusations help noone. I did not expect Empty to be so forthcoming about the lack of scouts and it is always a good idea to check for any surprises.

I will not use my commander powers except to kill infiltrators aswell, just like any other commander. With no scouts we will have to rely on logical traps, clues and people's behaviour to catch the infils. As commander I would use my position to create situations where the infils will be forced to reveal some information about themselves and as such will allow us to catch them.

15. Empty

Empty Member

Translation:
    We'll say mean things in a scary voice until they say they're bad guys

16. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

There are ways of setting up situations which are lose/lose for the infils.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"The architect has withdrawn from society!"

anyway ,im thinking so many references to structures means that architect is in fact an engineer , maybe empty selected him as one solely because of his nick ?:D

sounds like another drama-filled plan to me

18. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Btw I change my vote back to me, didn`t wrote it yesterday (too drunk), but rlly there is no scout :(

Btw achitecture hints mean nothing more then hints to achitecture, there were rarly hint to other classes then infil in the past so i guess that didn`t change ...

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

well the rules say

so not only infiltrators, but other too

empty please verify?

20. Empty

Empty Member

Most clues point to infiltrators. Occasionally there may be a clue for another class, the most likely of which is the rifleman (since he makes kills, he leaves clues.)