Infiltration Round 4: Can't see shit Cap'n

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 4: Can't see shit Cap'n

RE READ THE RULES SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Notes:
    The fact that a sandstorm is occurring in our story isn't a clue towards Cloud or Sandbag.

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed on a Brenodi supply camp on the desert sands northwest of Bren. Among your number are several Jekotian saboteurs, eager to destroy each and every one of you. The saboteurs are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire bases crew, and take the base for their own. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The base is on a skeleton crew at this moment, with only a small contingent of military staff, and a majority of unarmed base crew.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 48 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Targets:
    You have 24 hours to get your targets in once night falls, if you don't get them in, get the fuck over it.

Always PM your targets to me, don't send them to the Co-GM, the Co-GMs will usually be in different time zones to me, so we cannot always share any target updates.

Do not send me targets through chat, there are security reasons for this, my terrible memory and the fact that unlike a PM, I CAN LOSE A CHAT LOG.

Questions:
    You may ask me or the Co-GM questions about rules and such, question sessions are confidential, try to reach us on steam rather than IRC. If the Co-GM is unsure or cannot answer, and I'm not available, use PMs. Nothing happens ingame unless I'm here, so you're more or less guaranteed to get the message to me before time runs out.
    Don't ask questions about clues, we can't answer them.
    Don't overinterpret what we say. When you ask a question and we reply: "I can't answer that" we mean, we can't answer that, not "He's an infiltrator but I'm not telling".

Day/Night Cycle:
    After this point, Day/Night cuts off 24 hours after it begins.
    If you don't get your votes in, tough. If you don't get your targets in, tough.
    If I'm unavailable to call the 24 hours, a Co-GM can. They won't put in story/deaths, it's simply a notification that targets/votes are closed. This notification doesn't start the next day/night however, to give you all 24 hours to make decisions.

Idlekicking:
    After this point, you will be idle kicked if you make no contribution in a night/day cycle, this is 48 hours, plenty of time. Contributing can be voting, interpreting clues, or talking to the GMs. Idlekicking will become a lot more serious, and there will be no more leeway given.

Abstaining:
    Abstains win the vote if they have a complete majority of voters.
    If Abstains win, but do not collectively outweigh the other votes then the Abstains are discarded.

Trolling:
    Stop trolling your teammates. You fucktards.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Commander
    The commander is unique in that he is elected on the first day.
    He cannot die until his bodyguard(s) are dead.
    Bodyguard
    • Bodyguards are assigned randomly after the comm is decided. The commander knows who his bodyguards are, and he cannot die unless they do.
    After being elected, he may choose one player to slay on the spot.
    Once during the game, he may call a double kill, when a double kill occurs, the top two people voted to die will both kick the bucket. E.G.
    Empty 5 votes
    Predom 4 votes
    Normally, I die.
    If double kill is in effect, we both die.

If two people are tied for first or second place, then all 3 die.
    Anything higher than a triple kill will never occur.
    E.G.
    Empty 5
    Predom 5
    Blizzerd 4

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (engineers). The Rifleman's attacks occur before infiltrators.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed. The scout gets information before murders take place.

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. On his death he will be revealed as a Base Crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier effects take place on the same night their target dies.

Engineer
    The engineer can drop ammo for one person each day.
    He will PM me his target during the day, and the target will be notified at nightfall that they have extra ammo.
    Extra ammunition allows classes which issue a target to issue two. Riflemen get two kills, grenadiers, two targets, medics, two saves. It does affect Infiltrators. If it hits a base crew or a non-target giving person, no effect occurs, and neither party is alerted to that fact.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me - GM
    0b. Predom - CoGM
    1. Varbles
    2. Melarion
    3. aaaaaa50
    4. complete_
    5. Sandbag
    6. Rolsen
    7. Aeoneth
    8. AstroArchitect
    9. Ikalx -- Bodyguard
    10. Mageknight
    11. Scardybob
    12. Nattaboy - Kicked for AFK
    13. Brutos
    14. Cloud
    15. Foxy
    16. Kane (NotDev)
    17. Kylegar
    18. Blizzerd
    19. Metal Smith
    20. Z100000M -- Commander

Roles:
    4 Infiltrators
    1 Rifleman
    1 Engineer
    1 Medic
    1 Commander
    1 Bodyguard

You can no longer sign up.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Prologue:
    It's been three months, and the base is starting to feel it. As the morale slowly deteriorates, and minds go numb, the Jekotians see their opportunity. Sending in a group of elite infiltrators, the they seek to wipe the ugly Brenodi faces off the desert face.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Empty

Empty Member

PMs out.

"Come on, just a little!" Cloud plead. He wasn't used to this heat, even after four months of it. He missed the cold, dry valleys of Glycen. Yet he knew that it was his duty to protect and serve, wherever the Brenodi army sent him.
    "No! You know just as well as anyone else in this camp that water is strictly rationed. If you want more, go out in the desert to find an oasis yourself!" complete_ curtly replied.
    Seeking then some shade, Cloud headed off to the edge of the camp, overlooking the vast desert.
    "Nuttin but a few of me in the sky," he thought to himself. Squinting, he noticed a small fuzzy line, stretching across the horizon, and quickly approaching. Pulling out his binoculars, he spotted his worst nightmare; a sandstorm. And it was big. Heart racing, he jumped to his feat and ran into base, shouting, "Everyone inside! Massive sand storm on approach! Everyone get to shelter!"
    Everyone quickly jumped into action. Ikalx, one of the better thinkers, immediately radio'd ahead to base.
    "This is Ikalx of the 14th mechanized infantry division, stationed in the Dustorm Desert. We have a massive sandstorm incoming. Requesting assistance."
    "Negative Ikalx. Scanners show we won't make it in time."
    "Sir, with all due respect, we're going to die out here!"
    "There's not- "crshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......crshht....crshht...*"
    "Shit," Ikalx thought.

"Now is when we should strike." Predom said to his fellow infiltrators.
    "We should wait until the storm hits first." replied one of his comrades.
    "If we make the first strike now, it'll ruin their morale and leave the base in chaos, when the sandstorm hits, they won't be ready, and we'll take them easily!" Predom rebutted.
    "There's no way we're doing this" another Infiltrator replied.
    "It jeopardizes everything we've worked for." said a third.
    "If you won't help me, I'll go alone." Predom stated, storming out of the sweltering cabin.

Empty barked orders from on top of some crates.
    "Double time this shit you pansies, we have to get everything nailed down before we get hit. Tarps over windows, get all the water and food inside, move move MOVE!"
    Men scurried around the base fulfilling the orders and leaving the dusty base completely sparse.
    Barricades and tarps were placed over windows, doors and vehicles.
    "We have about 10 more minutes til it hits" Ikalx said to Empty, as the last of the equipment was packed away.
    "It looks huge." he replied.

Empty raised his voice once more.
    "Alright people, no more time, grab what you can and get to cover now, the storms about to hit!"
    The remaining few men headed to the barracks, mess hall and the larger, sturdier cabins.

All was silent, the sun lowered in the sky. The base was completely devoid of signs of life as Empty strode towards his underground offices.

He enterred his office and closed the door behind him.
    Outside, the first sounds of the storm became audible. Even underground, the lights in his office swayed as the entire structure was buffeted by the vast winds.
    He stepped towards his desk, when he felt a mixture of extreme cold and heat spreading across his back.
    He turned to see Predominance smiling behind him.
    "Predom, I expected better."
    "I never really was on your side."
    "Oh I already knew that, I was just expecting you to take me out in a more, challenging fashion." Empty replied, blood dribbling from his mouth. He fell to the floor.
    Predominance went into a crouch.
    "You look pretty dead to me." he said.
    Empty opened his eyes.
    "Surprise, cockfag." Empty stated as he thrusted a live grenade into Predominance's hands.

The next day, the carnage inside Empty's office was discovered in a brief reprieve from the duststorm's assault.
    Putting two and two together, the base realised that they were alone until the storm blew over, and there were traitors among them.
    They elected to choose a new CO.

COMMANDER VOTE.
    YOU ARE VOTING ON A PERSON TO BECOME YOUR COMMANDER (read his role description.)
    YOU ARE NOT VOTING ON WHO WILL DIE.

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I would like to nominate myself for first the position of commander. Yes, I have stated that I would like to destroy everyone. Fortunately, I'm not an infiltrator this round. As a team player, I think griefing is a total failure of a human being in a cooperative environment. I vow to not abuse the comander powerd. Others will try and suay you with overly elaborate roleplaying (Cpatton), and then destroy half the crew (patton again). I promise to be truthfull, restrained, and only use logic. (everything Cpatton wasn't).

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Unfortunately, I cant vote for you aaaaaaaaa50.

There are small hints towards food, shelter, and water.

There are mentions of extreme cold and heat.

There are also signs pointing to barracades.

In other words, I can't vote for you, sandbag, blizzerd, cloud (there are references to the sky and clouds, sry :P), Nuttaboy (Nuttin), I think that's it.

I'm not going to go around accusing as early as I did last game, but I can't vote you a CO due to this evidence.

I'll also have to discount Zooom as well.

Then there is the constant use of the word completely, which makes complete not eligable.

If there is no evidence, regardless of how bad the evidence may be, I'll accept the position for commander. However, if you see a shred of evidence against anyone, don't vote them.

The evidence agaisnt aaaaaaaaaaaa btw, is the mention of getting the food inside. The only food outside is aaaaaaa's avatar pie :D

Also, there is a great amount of detail about the architecture of the area in this story. this removes astroarchitech from eligibility.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol i knew i'd be base crew.

scardy

using this as a clue is and always will be retarded

8. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Cool, Engi, Rifle, Comm are all back... This should be really interesting.

I'm going to hold off my vote until more people step forward for consideration.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

*edit*

Kk, i'm going to not post everything I'm thinking like I did last game. Seems to put people off >_>

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'd be the Commander except I'm pretty useless in situations like this. Vote me if you can't really trust anyone else.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

it means scardy is one too

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You can vote me if you want, ...

the use of the word complete was a bit displaced last round thats why I considered it as a hint, we`ll see if it`s fine this time xD
    j/k, you`re way to unsuspicious considering sandstorms, temperature hints, etc ...

Anyway, if you vote me i provide you with free cookies ;)

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

those are nice shots, for the most part

unfortunately ,i wasn't able to find anything against you ,aside the frag that can out of metal, but that would be too far-streched

i agree about the voting, having a riflemen as a com would be both hilarious and annoying to everyone

i can nominate myself to be the com, unless brutos nominates himself

edit: lol about the cloud's "evidence":D anyway, i think theres not many clouds to see when you are in a middle of a big sandstorm ( the "Can't see shit Captain" part seems to support this)

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Grenade never exploded. I'm still alive.

!slay @all

15. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Zoom heard a small whispering noise, barley noticeable, he wasn't even sure it even existed. "Brutos is not even here, stupid", then he felt a small sharp pain on his forehead but he didn't recognize any obvious source. So he quickly forgot about it.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

well , dumb me

i was watching the thrid game page for any hints or sth and obviously somehow though you were playing. :s
    in that case, im nominating myself

"Dammit, im still having those dreams about my dead mate, i have to stop eating those damn C military rations. I think someones slipping some drugs into them."

17. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

AstroArchitect sat in the cantine with the others, hearing the wind roar outside.

He grew up in a small village near the great ruins of duststorm.
    The winds, reaching speeds of over 380 km/h had scared him since he was a child.
    When he was young he was told stories about great storms in ancient times thatwould last for days at a time.
    Turning killing thousends of people, destroying crops, and turn entire cities into rubble.

He knew that going outside was dangerous, the sand found on the plains of duststorm is unique, it is both toxic and sharp.
    Inhaling it can be compared to breathing in nano-sized razor blades.
    Victims caught in these storms were often found with their skin sliced off, their lungs and eyes torn apart.
    Most of them had simply drowned in their own blood while screaming in agony and pain as the sand shred them to pieces...

When he was older he left the village to study architecture & engineering at the Impirial University of Bren.
    After that he joined the military, designing factories, bunkers and fortifications for the occupied Jekotian territories.

He was supposed to be here just for a few days.
    They told him to "inspect" the main bunker after an earthquake had hit the bunker weeks ago.

And now he is stuck here, and as he knew from when he was a child - storms the size of these could last over a week.

"Hopefully we'll have enough supplies for the days to come" he said silently to himself.

He then walked to his office and locked the door.

"I think it is best to take a few hours of rest." he thought.

I abstain my vote.

EDIT: I edited the post, better this way?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Metal smith thinks to himself "long winded posts and bad paragraph breakups and run on sentences. This improper hick bren talk is most definitely suspicous..."

19. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

OMG! He's an infiltrator, to the gallows, quickly! :) :) :) :)

20. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

I would like to put myself forward for commander, I believe that I would make a good commander because I have demonstrated my ability to make plans and think logically in the past.

I would like to start this game off with the same plan that I proposed last time, all scouts are to scout me and then, once they are satisfied contact me and I can asses our situation and plan appropriately.

If anyone has any questions or problems with this plan please feel free to raise them, however please do not ask questions that I have previously addressed.