Infiltration Round 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

After having read your post I have still yet to understand why you would think it's me. Empty doesn't use extremely obvious clues for the starting story, the ones you pointed out usually appear late game. For one thing, I would say that the clue about the high command character would be related to either Candles or Predominance, Candles has never been in an empires clan and Predominance was in CW or something but never really played the game that much. Just speculation, no point in jumping to conclusions.

In defense, I vote Devourawr, and will take my vote back if he does.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

That's flawed for two reasons. The first is that "high command" would most likely point to a high-ranking clan member that doesn't play. The second reason is that that character already left.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The character is indeed gone, any australians or other weirdly speaking people around? Because let's be honest, the speech reminded me of Australia for some reason.

Devourawr.

Not voting, I kind of don't want people to think I'm a retard anymore.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Overall, there only around 3 people from the u-inverse land, empty included.

Edit: i belive that the " n' shit" speak is more likely to point out to someone. I think that fits predom or hamster. Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I spend time with neither so I can't judge really.

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I have never typed n' shit before this sentence

7. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

He just typed it! It is clearly hamster. Seriously though, we need some mother fucking clues up in this bitch.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

The 'n' shit was a Paradox clue, if you didn't pick up on that.

Anyway, I refuse to take back my vote for Grantrithor.

9. Candles

I don't think I've seen Paradox say "'n' shit", only "and shit". Though, he does say "and shit" a fair bit. Although, going by the search function, so does a lot of people.

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

It's really hard to imagine Empty going back through post history, and finding phrases people say but not often enough as to be obvious.

More likely he's just referencing colloquial language use of someone for whom English is not a first language. Anyway, we'll find out at the end of the round whether it was a clue or not.

ENGINEERS
    One has already come forward to me via PM, and needs to keep their head down for obvious reasons. But if the other one could PM me and last nights target of yours, we would be much further ahead of where we are now in terms of organization and rooting out the infiltrators.
    Keep in mind; I am a base crew but no one else will be made aware of who you are, what you know or who you targeted. Your safety will not be compromised.

If you're the tank captain it makes more sense to say nothing, as coming forward to us won't be of much help. Unless you are in danger of being assassinated/lynched, keep holed up tight and don't waste your extra vote.

Grenadiers will be fine; you won't be targeted by friendlies.

11. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Paradox got banned once for annoying Trickster with his "and schtuff" or however he spelled it, which is basically the same as 'and shit'. So if it's a clue it could be about Paradox.

12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Might as well add this in, as I can't see a good reason why not.

I was targeted by an engineer and saved, so knowing the identity of the other engineer and the person he saved would give us a huge advantage. This would also allow for me to verify myself as base crew, as it means that I was targeted by the infiltrator group. As far as I'm aware, infiltrators cannot kill themselves unless something lolzy happens like the Paradox thing.

Afterwards, once everyone knows I am irrefutably base crew, I can extend outwards and use the voting system to weed out any potential infiltrators, as anyone who votes someone who I know is innocent should be put under scrutiny.

//Empty, we need the Commander class added back in, with the bodyguard addition. His whole goal is to step into the open so other don't have to, and I feel like its a really good addition.

13. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I have no way of knowing if this is true.

Also keep in mind Predom is the only one who voted Trickster after Trickster voted Paradox who we now know is a traitor.

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Ok, so it looks like this was a few nights in the making. First you predict that you will die (no evidence of that) and plead that we all gang up on Grant (why?) in the case that you do die.

You're not dead. So now you say that an engy saved you (no evidence of that).

So I see no way to verify your statements. The only thing I can be damn sure of is that I don't like people that expect me to believe them without providing evidence. There's a reason I don't do to church on Sundays.

devourawr

15. Candles

Two for Devourawr, one for Grant, only a few hours remain, assuming no tank pilots have voted. I want to believe Devourawr, despite the lack of real evidence towards or against him. If he's lying and an infiltrator, then we're in a bad spot if we let him live. If he's telling the truth, we have a powerful staging point.

Interestingly enough, if Grant gets one more vote and only him or Devourawr die, then one of the four voters would have to be a tank pilot. Contrapositively, if they both die, then either there are no tank pilots who voted or two tank pilots voted. The infiltrator's could risk having one of their men die off by casting to vote to find a tank pilot.

In other words, the entire outcome of the game can easily be swayed towards one side of another based off the outcome of this voice.

16. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Well, I could show you the evidence that I happen to be working with other Brenodi people and am just a spokesperson so that if I fall, not much will be lost, but seeing as how you've managed to ignore everything I've tried to show you, chances are you'd get them killed and lose us the game.

17. Z100000M

So, basically you are saying that empty for once bothered a message that you were a target? Thats somewhat convenient, but possible, considering Empty left the name from the text.
    Inf can theoretically kill themselves, but only if there are more than one faction of them.

18. Z100000M

Candles, I might feel a little sick today, but I read your post several times and are still boggled by your line of though. Rules say he MAY make another vote during the day if he want to, but he can just make the anonymous vote via pm ,fuck the lynch discussion and drink beer.

19. Candles

What do you know, you're right. Cut me a break, it's two in the morning. But that brings up the interesting problem of that you can't actually be certain of anything in a close vote., giving tank pilots the incredible power of ambiguity.

20. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

No, I'm saying that a medic told me that they protected me in the night. I'm being as open and honest as I can be without compromising anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.