If you get revived you start with 10 health and you regenerate the rest in 3-5seconds

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by -Mayama-, Feb 2, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

If you get revived you start with 10 health
    and you regenerate the rest in 3-5seconds.
    After reading Vess idea about "everyone can revive"
    I thought abit about revive and what always bothered
    me was the fact that you can revive people to full health.

Why not make it so that you start with 10 health
    after a engineer revived or mass-revived you and
    you regain the rest of your health over 3-5 seconds.
    That would prevent those akward situation where
    the attackers killed everyone and all in a sudden
    the surviving enemy engineer revives 2 deadly proning
    riflemans.

2. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Debuffing revive would make healing more important. Generally a good idea. Except reviving someone caught under enemy fire, while the reviver is in cover, would result in even more exploitable point whoring. Basically the point whoring would occur even faster.

How about make reviving regenerate 50% of the hitpoints, with no free regeneration beyond that? That way, reviving and healing are both important, but revive is less exploitable (less point whoring, less 'death and healing don't matter, my engie can revive').

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Healing sux.

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

I would rather have someone kill themselves so I can revive them to full health instead of healing someone to full health.
    Kinda bad there.

5. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I think one of the reasons noone lieks to heal is because of its melee range. TF2 fixed that with the medigun, maybe we should have something like that. I suggest a syringe that you stick in your teammates. It has a cable so u can walk around will healing. If you walk too far or stop holding down attack, you stop healing

6. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

If revive does not heal to 100%, then it shouldn't use as much energy.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Bingo. Its like meleeing except without the satisfaction of a kill. I would change it to have an area effect, so that could use his calc in the vicinity of other infantry.

8. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Yes starcitsura, case solved. Lower energy cost (maybe add time limit to stop spam), start at 10hp, fully heal in 3-5 seconds. If you get shot while regenerating, it stops. Seems simple and good enough.

9. Bass

Bass Member

Most people don't get up from a revive right away, so they end up dying anyways.

10. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Ironically, this is what some of my friends do in Wolfeinstein ET. You get XP for shooting, and XP for reviving, then XP for healing. Plus, the revive is faster healing than dropping a bunch of med packs.

But yes, a debuff on Revive would be kinda useful.

11. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I don't think that revive to only 10 health is a good idea.
    For the most maps, where revive is important you are under heavy fire from rifleman and grenadier. Walking around as engineer at the frontline and reviving people is hard enough.
    Often teammates are uncovered after revive and are killed again. So if they only become 10 health, it would be almost impossible to keep alive at frontline.
    Also revive should only be an engineer ability, because it's important for the teamplay. For me teamplay makes more fun, when different classes works together.
    So rifleman and grenadier are involved at the frontline. Engineer are playing defensive and renounces to make kills at their own. The only aim is to keep the team alive. And scout is acting somewhere behind the enemy frontline (used very rare).
    So having the right mixture is a big step for victory. When everybody can revive, then there will be less engineer and we get a stupid shooter with less strategy.

12. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

In Enemy Territory servers with FF on, it's considered normal to shoot someone, then revive them as a way of healing them. Very confusing the first time it happens.

Anyway... to get back to the main suggestion...

The problem with this is that (as usual for revive-nerf suggestions) this feels like it's aimed purely at Conquest maps, and specifically the ones without tanks. Nobody could seriously think that revive is overpowered on Command maps. And Command maps are the core Empires game, so... I just don't think nerfing Revive in any way is a good idea, not unless you have an idea for an accompanying buff that would make people more likely to use it in Comm maps.

If you don't like revive in District or UrbanChaos... well, honestly, those two maps have had so many problems with various things that I think at this point it's fair to say that the problem is them, not thegame. Suggest ways to change the maps; don't suggest changes to overall game systems just to fix two oddball tankless maps.

It is never going to be possible to balance Empires for both tankless maps and everything else, and it is pointless to try; tanks are too central to the Empires gameplay to expect to get and keep a balanced gameplay experience with tanks removed. Those maps should not even factor into balance considerations.

13. [SG]GummiBear

[SG]GummiBear Member

yeah healing it too short ranged... I hate it when you try to heal someone and they just run away from you >_>...

14. zenarion

zenarion Member

Agree to OP.
    Revive now is more useful than healing.
    Being revived with lowered HP, and resurrection/summoning sickness (sorry for the nerdspeak) would be realistic, in a way that an engineer (not even a medic!) can keep a squad alive with 1 klick of a button.

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Its OP on commander maps too.
    Many of those maps have areas where you
    fight close quarter between walls.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what about removing healing, but making it a "place heal boxes"

healing upgrade decreases the waiting time or something

people can heal themselves then

17. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yeah why not. Sounds reasonable too.

18. OuNin

OuNin Member

Healing Upgrade -> Calculator Recharge Upgrade
    Eng Revive -> Revive with 60-80 HP
    No skill revive -> Revive with 20-30 HP with bleed

19. o_O

o_O Member

Just make the engy have to heal the reanimated corpse back to full health. Its silly that its faster and more efficient to just wait for someone to die and then rev them instead of healing. Increase the range on revive and heal a bit, to make revive less 'sticky' and healing less difficult when anyone is moving.

Revive is overpowered if someone revives a prone rifleman in your face... again and again until they kill you, its an interesting and balanced skill the rest of the time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  20. OuNin

OuNin Member

I think it needs some cheap graphical effect like fading in from black/white.