If you get revived you start with 10 health and you regenerate the rest in 3-5seconds

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by -Mayama-, Feb 2, 2009.

1. QMAN

QMAN Member

really good idea. Starting with 10 HP after revive. And we regain slowly health (like we lost HP under water) +10 per sec, to fully 130 HP(if we have healing upgrade);

its really sux where 4 engys just revive them selfs... impossible to kill them alone... you kill by luck "3" of them, but 4 th engy will be revive 2 of that guys... and you will be get it down before you again shot down them again...

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

The point of revive is to forgo the awful logistical element of Empires. The whole dying in some barren part of the map and having to move all the way back.

Revive as-is is fair as one cannot reload weapons while dead. Engineer charge isn't infinite. It's about the same as spawning on squadmates on BF:BC2 where the reviving class could do the same exact thing.

Is it an issue there? Clearly not. It works.

The issue in Empires is that people try to attack a mass of engineers aggressively instead of defensively. Instead of trying to mouse1+w at close range and getting oneself killed, a person could regroup or hell, get vehicles.

In a game like BC2, the revive class is readily on par with the rest of the classes. In Empires, the engineer is on the lower rung of combat compared to the others.

Godforbid people playing as a team can beat people who are doing lonewolf nonsense.

As people have stated, the weapons should be buffed. However, revive should stay as it is.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I would much rather a buff to weapons back to their 2.12 standards, then a nerf to revive.

Lots of people are stating it is only since the weapon nerf. (Why did we have that again? Engine change yes, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be mimicked with some effort.) Give me back my BEHR. With 50 rounds.

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

yessss

5. Empty

Empty Member

I think the retarded part is how you can't kill off 3 engineers who aren't even attacking you beccause of the pathetic weapon damage, you can't possibly kill all 3 in a short enough time frame to prevent them just reviving and starting again until you run out of ammo.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

THIS :D

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Already doing it :3

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Hate the idea, your trying to throw out the teamwork for what reason? being in a squad with 2-4 revivers is one of the most fun parts for me in empires, the teamwork and just the gameplay having that is just to die for!

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

i'm not a fan

11. zenarion

zenarion Member

I think revive is OP.
    Basicly, you don't even need other classes than engineers to play Empires. Everyone gets revived, and you get a stalemate.
    Reviving people to full health is crazy to me.
    First post in this thread had a good idea, I want to support it.
    Teamwork won't be killed.
    What will happen is that you can actually push and attack, instead of just mowing down the same 2 engineers with calculators, and their little setup with a wall and a missile turret.

If you on the other hand have a revive that brings back players as it does in let's say Baldur's Gate (at 1 hitpoint and a bad mood), you have something else.
    Imagine the situation.
    BE squad vs NF squad meet somewhere in lets say emp_blah's strange buildings. The NF guys are almost all of them killed, exept for the RevEngie. If he revives everyone with the current Revive, the squad is back to full force almost immediately, since you can revive 2-3 players quickly with a full calc.
    What does this mean? The dead players are brought back, with their magazines half-full, and the opposing squad (who actually WON the initial encounter) is reloading. BE squad gets slaughtered. Unless they too have a RevEngie or two.

With a revive that is nerfed to half it's current strength, you get a more slippery slope. Let's face it, reviving doesn't take any skill. You are pointing at something that doesn't move and clicking. It's even simpler than aiming a gun at an enemy. And you get points for that, and a fighting soldier right next to you, in the best of cases it's a prone rifleman with HMG.

tl;dr
    Nerf revive to what OP suggests, get more slippery slope.

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I agreed with the OP back when weapons were low damage, but since the revamp, revive should stay as is.

13. FN198

FN198 Member

Aye, this should be moved out of under consideration. There have been plenty of times when i've been revived and killed more than twice in under two seconds.

14. zenarion

zenarion Member

Thats mostly because revivers are retarded, and revive you while you still are within the sights of the enemy.

15. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

didnt read the whole thread but I think instead of 10% health that regens it would be better to just have you get revived with 50% health, no regen. No different than sabbed rax then, and its simple without being too weak. Just means you have to get healed for a sec after revive, prolly encourage peeps to get healing upgrade as well.

reviving with full health does seem kind of silly

16. OBEL

OBEL Member

I disagree about revive being overpowered. Obviously I'm biased because I play mainly as engineer, but it's still balanced out by a revive taking 50 calc points, which is pretty much crippling. I find myself constantly low on calc because I do what an engie is supposed to do and support, build, heal etc.

If any change should be made it should be that if an engie is revived his calc should be what it was when he died, or just low.

Honestly I didn't even realize the calc restores back to 100 when revived but no cunt ever seems to be around to revive me. I've hardly ever seen revive engie squads either.

Does that make me unobservant? Yes.

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm not sure if you're a new community member or not, but you deserve some kudos for reviving an old thread instead of starting a new one of the same damn topic. If I could slow clap through the internet, I would do it.

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

[​IMG]

I suppose I should say something on topic: Revive is fine, LFTBLNK is right - just start calc at zero and that is basically a cooldown for a pair or more of engineers so it will prevent rivive whoring in a dark little corner.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I thought that when you get revived as a engie, you already start off with the amount of charge that you had when you died.

20. OBEL

OBEL Member

Ohhh LOL

I didn't even realize the last post was that old. So in many ways I am still just a noob - but only to this community. So, hello I guess!