frickin hamster

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pickled_heretic, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Barrel + hopup?

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Nice. My friend's got a nice sniper that gets about 540.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Someone tried to break into my apartment while I was inside said apartment. As in, breaking the door down. Yeah. I liked having my Glock 21 in hand, waiting for some moron to come bashing through my door.

Thankfull, the police department rolled up in force in time to prevent anything serious from happening, but seriously: When it comes to self defence, a handgun or even a shotgun is second to none.

Also, the US has an amendment to allow guns....you know, the whole revolution idea, that you can't disarm people just to push them around. The founding fathers believed in a armed public, as stated in the federalist papers.

Also, firing them at the range is...omg, fun! Expensive unless you load your own rounds, but fun!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

In Canada we can't walk around with guns strapped to us.

But that means it leaves A LOT to the imagination to how we do self defense.

[​IMG]

I find this hilarious, especially that my friend who thinks hes all that is in the Canadian Air Cadets and is gonna be in the air force.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

And this is why the US stands out from the rest of the world. And for the record, for home defense you don't need the gun strapped to yourself. You just need it in reach, with a clip in, and a round chambered. I have a concealed carry permit, but I never use it, aside from when I go to the range.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say its generally a bad idea to have a large population with a large percentage of guns

its the same as a large amount of nuclear weapons spread over a large amount of countries, its gonna lead to trouble

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

There's a town somewhere in the US that requires (you read that right, REQUIRES) residents to have guns.

Supposedly that worked out well. I imagine people are really nice to each other there...

IMO gun control is somewhat retarded (for the record, no one in this country needs assault rifles or SMGs for self defense). What criminal has a permit and goes to a local gun shop?

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i doubt these people treat each other any differently then if no one was required to own a gun

the idea behind my worries is that the more guns you have the more chance someone who should not be handed a gun is going to use it

on the fact that criminals will always be able to get guns id say that yea they will, but it will be more easy to get a gun for them, and even if you register all the guns so they would know who bought the gun that murdered Mr X the more guns the easier it is to hide unregistered guns

i agree there should be a possibility for a person to own a gun, since its culture, recreation and in some cases job requirement but in my opinion the whole gun laws in US America are run out of control beyond comprehension and are a danger to the global society

i once read in a local magazine that 56% of illegal guns smuggled into Belgium come from the US of A
    take note that there is a very important gun industry in Belgium, the FN factory for example and still a large part of illegal guns here come from overseas

9. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

SPY VS SPY!!! FTW FTW FTW!!!

I really didnt care about the comics but OMG the video game was soooo epic!! I played it in my atari 800xl.. man i am ancient!!!

10. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I thought it was this:
    [​IMG]

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Bah, the problem with burglars in the US is that they're all armed to the teeth. In Britain, the best method for dealing with a burglar is called a cricket bat.

And as for the range, I've fired an SA80 full auto on a range with 5.56 rounds. It's not that fun. And I'm I've got a marksmanship with that weapon. It's still firing at a fucking target. I've had about 1000x more fun paintballing where I've jumped round a corner and taken out like 3 guys NFAR style, or popping someone in the head (yes I know, headshots usually don't count in paintballing, but they're still fucking funny) who was in a tower and watching him fall out of it into some netting.

Having a real gun in your house is just asking for trouble. Burglar comes in who has a gun, sure, he could shoot you, but if you didn't get the drop on him with a cricket bat, chances are you weren't going to with a gun either. And if he gets that gun off you because you pussy out, then you're fucked. In the UK, actually having a weapon to hand is against the law though, which is dumb. Something about "intent". Idk.

Either way, at the very most, I don't know why you'd have much more than a handgun at best if you HAD to have a weapon. Killing someone is bound to have paperwork to go with it which is hardly fun. Pull out your glock, wing the bastard and call the police. Blowing his head off with a shotgun or riddling him with bullets from your semi-auto P90 is somewhat pointless and unnecessary.

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

truck nuts are so fucking retarded

13. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Ah yes paintball the game where you can shoot people and cause them some pain.
    While not being killed.

ps: My right testicle was black for 2 weeks after I got shot :P

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

when you have to buy metal balls because you have none yes

you let your guns do the talking.

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

The ignorance here is testing my patience...

Yeah, they will. There's ALWAYS going to be someone trying to mug you.

In a world with no guns: Guy holds you up with a knife. CHances of you fighting back are low.

In a world with guns: Does that guy have a gun? Can I hold him up, or will he just pull out a gun and blow me away?

At Virginia Tech: THe first classroom that fuck walked into to start killing people, either a student or a teacher would have splattered his fucking brains on the wall. The death toll would have been so much lower.

Guns are not intriniscally bad. They can actually be quite good. A world where everyone has a gun and knows how to operate it correctly is a world where crime will drop off: You can't break into any house, for fear of the resident defending themselves. You can't rob a bank because the teller will just shoot you. Or a customer will.

THe best home defense gun is a pump action shotgun. Not because you can fire pellets...but because the sound of the action on the shotgun being pumped is so damned distinctive, and loud. Someone hears that, and they know they're dealing with something serious. The guy who tried to break into my apartment was not phased by the sound of me chambering a round.

To get my Glock, I needed to go through a 2 week waiting period, where it was reported to the FBI that I was buying a gun, and they ran a background check on me. Until that cleared (or, there was a lack of a response saying I was a felon) I was unable to take my gun. Likewise for a CPL (Concealed Pistol License.) Criminals cannot get guns legally.

Given that the US doesn't make that many guns at the end of the day, I doubt this is true. Moreover, this fact is pointless. You just said all illegal guns smuggled into Belgium originate from the US. OK, great. How many of the TOTLAL illegal guns in Belgium are from the US? See the difference? Smuggled in...well, you can't smuggled a gun into Belgium...from Belgium. Whether you have the FN factory in your country has no bering on that statistic.

16. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thinking that criminals act rational seems like a mistake.

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

Skinny Gabe N.

18. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Burglars in the US are rarely armed. Usually, if someone's even home, they won't enter, or they'll leave. If someone enters your house armed, they likely just want to kill you, and getting the drop is nothing. Get a pistol with a surefire light on it...works great for blinding someone long enough to identify them, and if need be, take them down.

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Fine, then they don't, and they get shot.

Sounds like darwinism.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Yeah, but our gun laws have ridiculous loopholes that easily allow criminals access to weapons. I like this one personally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQEDvqmAfqg&feature=player_embedded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.