find me the scout

Discussion in 'General' started by flasche, Jun 25, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Idk, I'm torn.

BFH's beta included tutorial videos for each game mode presumably because it didn't feature a single player. However, the developers obviously recognize that this is an imperfect way to teach players, so the final product will have a single player.

So I guess a tutorial is suitable, but as a knowingly half assed solution. It's troubling.

2. Reznov

Reznov Member

Imagine jeeps being a far-away artificial race which found Empires planet and try to destroy the mankind of Brenodi and Northern Faction to free their enslaved kind.
    Imagine you driving the only jeep which does not rebel to end this invasion.
    Imagine the turbo-god to grant your jeep the power and strength to end this all.
    Imagine jeeps transforming to a jeep-mech made out of jeep-limbs and you fight them with a heavy tank turret mounted on your jeep.
    Imagine destroying the jeep mothership (which is shaped like a jeep) and trying to survive the massive explosion by dodging several obstacles inside the mothership itself to make it out in time.

I see much emp_fuel for a decent campaign. (*ba-dum, tch*)

3. Metruption

Metruption Member

The tutorial is crap, a noob takes forever to angle the seismic grenades just right to kill the turrent in the tutorial

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I read the manual before playing, like I do for virtually any game, and it said that. In fact the manual said you can blow up mines when I joined in 2.23 when the feature was long removed.

You've been acting exceptionally rude to everyone in this thread, and now you cry because people treat you the way you treat them? Ikalx is such a gentle soul, the only way to get him to offend you is to offend him first.

Some multiplayer only games have a tutorial that plays like a online match but it uses AI. You've probably played them before, where you are dropped in the battlefield and you get told to go to point x and do point y and shoot weapon z at enemy omega. The battlefront 2 tutorial springs to mind. Even if empires doesn't have AI, I'm sure there's some hacky solution to at least make things shoot at you by making them work like half life 2 combine soldiers.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Man, you need to get over it.

I gave you your chance and you blew it, accept it and move on.
    Crying about it every chance you get isn't how you deal with it.

I don't recall calling Ikalx or anyone anything in this thread besides zoom and your grudging ass.
    Making shit up only serves to invite trouble.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm not really resentful that I don't have someone who sends me a quadrillion video game "humor" links a day isn't on my friends list anymore.

7. ImSpartacus

But you are a smidge passive aggressive... /hypocritical

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Actually, I'm a bit of a git, but thank you very much for the compliment :)

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

How about let's not nerf scout?
    I really never seen such effort when we were talking about non-scout stuff.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why would you want to nerf gren? if he isnt somewhat en par with rifle anymore its a completely worthless class. except for against first tier vehicles its just a bad joke, fix that and im a 100% on your side.
    reply obsolete by edit

12. ImSpartacus

Scout is really obviously out of place compared to the other three classes, that's probably why.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That scout represents 1/15(more or less) of the enemy forces.
    Plus this
    I really don't think this "price and reward" is mismatched, at least not ridiculously mismatched.

Gren is almost on par with engineer, in terms of usefulness.
    Gren can kill infantry with mortar/mines/pistol. Gren can destroy buildings.
    Even when it comes to med/heavy tank, gren can still kill it with 8 mines.

We only use scout for certain jobs and now you want to nerf scout's abilities of performing those jobs.

14. ImSpartacus

Expectations are definitely mismatched.

People will try out every class and every weapon, just for kicks.

It's not obvious that most scouts should only be scouts for less than two minutes at a time. None of the other classes are like that.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Classes don't have to be equally as useful as one another, actual army compositions always differ from an equal split across each possible kind of soldier. They just have to boost the entirety's effectiveness when used in the right amount, be it half the force or 1/15th of it.

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

The point isn't to nerf the scout, it's to reduce certain ridiculous bugs and flawed gameplay elements so that we can actually raise the scout's effectiveness in other areas.

The scout is still not great, and this is just part of an on-going process of thinking how to reform the class. When you remove things like a few random spots where the scout can't be seen, you also remove the argument where the scout can never be seen, and so you are able to bring in and enhance other things, making the class more viable overall.

The rifleman I still feel is a little messed up too. The only thing that really gives the rifleman legitimacy is the fact that they can kill just about anyone else. That's like it's backbone, which is kinda bad from a class standpoint. "This class is for killing other classes" not like engy where "this class is for building and support" or gren "this class is for killing vehicles and is anti-emplacement".

The rifleman class really brings a sort of rock-paper-scissor mentality to the game, except it's more or less a hammer and whacks everything. It's not overpowered though, it just has a different design type from the rest of the effective classes.

17. ImSpartacus

Video games aren't a simulation of actual army structures. Video games are fun machines. We've got 3 classes that work more-or-less like classes in any other and 1 class that works like nothing players will have ever encountered in any class-based FPS ever. That's just asking for trouble.

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I am still hyped about whenever scout gets that overhaul. I want my time based hide where I can run around, causing mayhem in the enemy base.

19. ImSpartacus

Yeah, I don't even understand why this thread exists. We're criticizing a scout that the dev team is obviously hell-bent on replacing.

20. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I said that, and so has somebody else and you guys fought with me on a subject that is prone to change.