find me the scout

Discussion in 'General' started by flasche, Jun 25, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You are way kinder than any of us deserve. Just yell a little bit or something. Jesus fuck.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

10:21 PM - Señor_Awesome: dear god
    10:21 PM - Señor_Awesome: why would I want to retain anything you say
    10:23 PM - Señor_Awesome: like Tucker from star trek enterprise
    10:24 PM - Señor_Awesome: except he was an engineer space cowboy
    10:24 PM - Señor_Awesome: and he got pregnant halfway through the first season
    10:24 PM - Boss BigTeef: Tucker got pregnant?
    10:24 PM - Señor_Awesome: yep
    10:24 PM - Boss BigTeef: Star trek is more kinkier than I thought
    10:24 PM - Boss BigTeef: holy shit
    10:24 PM - Boss BigTeef: Can you photoshop a bane mask onto me?

As you can see, senor swears at people in private and keeps the forum drama bullshit outside of the forum.
    I would do the same thing, but I am not mature enough so I need to swear at people and make zoom look like an idiot on a regular basis.
    Only zoom though, I like him more, its my way of showing him my dick without showing him my dick.

[​IMG]

I could argue about the game and what is and isn't bullshit in empires.

But after all the shit I went through with the game and how many times I went apeshit, I say people who work hard should get that dopamine effect and not casualize the experience because we need to think of the kids.

You guys are right to some aspect on the scout bullshit, but my point I am trying to get across it is not as bad as you make it out to be.
    This can be solved if you just calm down and think, we have a tool to find such people if we cant physically open our eyes.
    Scat playing scout should not be a hot topic, what should be a hot topic is how to fix the fucking tutorial map, and finding bugs to improve the next patch.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Not people, just you. Exclusively.

:|ove: <3 :|ove:

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I don't think fixing shitty implementations is "casualizing" the experience, on the contrary I think it's fixing shitty implementations.

You have too much god damn patience. If I were in your position I would suicide bomb teef's house. YOUR position, I'd rather not kill MYself.

Personally, I'd rather we not have unintuitive features that are only defended because "it's been like that for a long time". placing your 9th mine and your first mine blowing up is intuitive, being unable to physically see a scout (especially when it hides behind the BE VF) is not just unintuitive but also frustrating and really, really makes the game experience worse. Even before 100% invisibility, finding scouts in some places didn't even work with enhanced senses since they could clip through boxes.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I would actually say that 9-mines are completely unintuitive. My intuition tells me that either the first mine would disappear, or I just wouldn't be able to drop the 9th mine. And I certainly wouldn't have imagined that I could blow a stack of mines that way.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would say it is conducive to that idea. If you have placed 8 mines and you were close enough to your 1st mine you could see it detonate on dropping one more it might give you the idea to try blowing up a stack of them. Hell even accidently dropping a 9th mine on close to your first mine to cover a blank space and blowing yourself up would enlighten you to the fact that the 1st mine will detonate.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That's as intuitive as you get, explosives detonating other explosives. The only reason one would not think it would work is because they are seasoned gamers who have the expectation that video games don't always work like real life.

8. Candles

But then it's not intuition that tells you the first mine is blowing up, it's the fact that it just blew up in your face. If a player has to directly experience it to understand it, then it's not intuitive, that's learning from experience.

And a number of people who would stumble upon Empires are seasoned gamers.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

at least 9mining had a loadingscreen tooltip and is described in the manual ...

... something rather impractical for hiding spots.

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I just skipped the whole page to voice my opionion on how teef is retarded by claiming that removing scouts E-camping in the base forever is somehow "casualising the experience".

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Either make shit intuitive, or make a good tutorial that covers all essential knowledge.

12. ImSpartacus

Eww, tutorials? Who wants to play such a thing?

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah, because Empires is so unique that we don't want tutorial, unlike pretty much all other games.
    Let's not even talk about a real tutorial, we barely hand out useful&essential information.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm saying you learned to wipe your rear with your hand, and you're trying to pretend that because you learnt to do that, it's great. You're actively turning your eyes away from the paper now, because you think your hand is better.

You've made 69 threads in 2 years, I've made 32 in 7.

Also...really? Are you saying that because I bring up a point about something being bad, it's because I don't know how to utilise or combat it?

Sure, teach me. I'm sure there are things I need to relearn and some new things for me to learn. I would say, though, that whenever I'm on a server - and granted that isn't often - I do try to help people learn the game.

I have patience. The fact that I changed my post style in order to try to break through this illogical trolling is not indicative of its lack. The sad fact is that right now the trolls are people who are just slinging around paper defences to bad gameplay elements and ideas, and there's a whole lot more of them than there used to be. We used to have trolls who knew the game inside out, and when they made what looked to be crappy suggestions, there were thoughtful and logical reasons for them, which they would happily throw in your face.

These days I actively have to make a point, not before someone else makes it, but because no one else will. And there are more people who are doing that, because they see the feedback the devs have available and they know it's not good. It lacks structure, logical grounding, thought into how it would affect the game, and if they let that go, then they won't have a game to come back to.

I apologise for being entitled.

15. BigTeef

You know when I was taught the basics of debating, I was told you have to have respect for your opponent at all times no matter what.
    Obviously I don't have that quality and since you started flinging insults, I earn the counter tort with telling you to go fuck yourself.
    But that won't solve anything, but I bet crying on a forum will, so that is what I intend to do.

"I'm saying you learned to wipe your rear with your hand, and you're trying to pretend that because you learnt to do that, it's great. You're actively turning your eyes away from the paper now, because you think your hand is better."

Pretend huh? If there is one thing I do like doing is pretending on regular basis. But if my hand is effective, and I have access to sinks, I don't need paper because my hand's are free. Unless you are willing to put in the effort of giving me paper in which I doubt you will, but Candles will if I threaten to kill him.

"You've made 69 threads in 2 years, I've made 32 in 7."

... Okay, I don't know what that has to do with empires balancing.
    Most of my threads have been for video games unrelated to empires that all have been derailed constantly.

I may have made a shitty suggestion or two, but that was before I got gud so ragging on my past self for being ill experienced is kinda unfair.

"Also...really? Are you saying that because I bring up a point about something being bad, it's because I don't know how to utilise or combat it?"

What exactly have you brought up besides whining that the empires community is a terrible place full of assholes and trolls, and we are all idiots who deserve no respect?

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

be more hypocritical teef there still is room ^^

17. BigTeef

i dun wanna

u cant meak me

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You think I don't have respect for you as an opponent? If that were truly the case, I wouldn't even bother to respond.

But, since you think I'm throwing a lot of insults at you, I'd like to ask what they were, apart from the "don't be hilarious" barb.

Well, that was a metaphor, and you do have a fair point.

Except when I point out that I wasn't demanding that the devs fix the problem, but rather that people stop trying to defend it when it's indefensible. My "THIS IS WRONG" posts are more to combat the incredulousness I have at people pointing out how exploiting is a good thing.

It doesn't. You said: "I didn't cry on the forums or make shitty suggestions, I learned to play the game." That is my response.

My comment was on your "I learned to play the game" remark, which seems like you are inferring that no one who knows how to use a system can point out how flawed it is. Which is pretty silly since some people exploiting for the express purposes of getting an exploit fixed.

And you're right, I don't bring up much more than that. Maybe when people stop posting page long jpgs and flaming, swearing and abusing each other, we can get down to actual Empires discussion.

19. ImSpartacus

Most new FPSs use single player as the tutorial.

I noticed that the bf hardline beta actually DID have a tutorial, but I suspect that's only because it didn't come with a single player component.

20. Candles

I can't tell if you're saying Empires should have one or shouldn't have one now. You pretty much just said right there that Empires should have a tutorial because it doesn't have a single-player component to teach people with.