find me the scout

Discussion in 'General' started by flasche, Jun 25, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

because who knows how long it will take till scout replacement and this takes less then a minute.
    its you guys who draged it into an argument about scout in general, i basically just reported what i assume a glitch now that i understand hide levels better.
    this what happens if you drag numbers out of where the sun never shines - lvl2 to 4 are virtually the same.
    its invisible and thats unintended, why would you distinquish levels of what you cant see? its illogical.

i bet this could have been fixed for years if not scout would be a topic asking for useless troll contributions. im not free of guilt either.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

All I was saying is that it's not as bad as people make it, but apparently it's worse than 12 Hitlers.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes teef you are less guilty about anything then the rest is. sorry i forgot to mention you in special, since everyone treats you unfair anyway and you are so misunderstood and im an asshole atm ...

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I am glad you see the light my friend, if you attend my Sunday seminar at the local community center you can get a free bag with accessories and a little teef plushie that says "I care"

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Sigh, fine. You don't get three supports and two carries, you get one support, one carry for each lane and a jungler.

You don't take five AWPs,, you take one, maybe two and three rifles.

For raids you get a tank, a healer, and 2 glass cannons.

Same for muh strategums, you don't get 20 thors and 20 Marines, you get 3-4 thors and 70+ Marines.

Why should Rmpires have a strictly equal amount of each class in a team for optimal efficiency?

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Because thinking in terms of a whole team seems hard for some people. I think Spartacus went a bit too far in saying that the scout is a class that is alien to Empires team compositions and video games in general. I agreed with him at first then he kinda went past the other edge. He also seemed to miss the fact that Grenadier is the vehicle driving class and that engineer is a far away second to driving vehicles, making Grenadier a much more fun and rewarding class since he can become anti-tank in a tank, anti-infantry outside, and anti building overall. It would make more sense for the engineer to have vehicle buff skills.

I just had an idea, remove hide from scout, radar stealth removes scout from minimap and camera targeting even when outside a vehicle. There, scout is now not completely useless in the hands of everyone. The last couple of times I've played I go concussion scout with enhanced senses and speed upgrade because it can actually support a team in crossfires. Hide scout just waste too much time and affects the game horribly by making a couple players on a team completely useless as they prone around a map.

7. 101010

101010 Member

Scout should get the old sabotage back.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

One of these must be you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. communism

communism poof

this
    scout is ass why bother making him worse

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I don't think an "equal" amount is a realistic expectation. Obviously the rifleman doesn't get as much playtime as engy or gren. That's generally ok.

But you could go an entire pub with 0 player-minutes in scout and no one would bat an eye. It could be an excellent match.

You could go an entire pub with <1 player-minutes in scout and have the scout be the single most important player in the entire game despite having 1000+ player-minutes in engy and gren each.

So I guess it's really not a problem of the presence of inequality as much as the tremendous magnitude of the inequality. I suspect the scout update may help a little, but it's a tough problem to solve.