District tickets.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bodrick, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

ya that would.. i dunno how many times we've easliy captured every flag because thee entire opposing team went thru the sewers to come behind us..

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

That would be crazy spiced up. 5-9 scouts per team each fighting over different flags... lol

BTW... would it be possible to place middle flag in sewer instead of above? That would be neat.

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

it would add variety but I worry that putting it in that REALLY enclosed space would just make capping it a painful meatgrinder hell. That seems like an open invitation for grenade spam.

4. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Honestly the capping out of order is what I really liked about Urban Chaos before it was "fixed". It was for sure Chaos.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That what was the problem wtih CDR Canyon... Scouts scout capping those flags; I dont want the same thing to happen to district. It is a fun infantry map which provides a nice break...

I dont know but I actualy liked those 2 hour stands... :p

6. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

it does mean though that once both teams are on one ticket, noone can actually join the server and play - they'd have to spectate for an hour first

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Pick a squad and join it... Youll end up right next to the squad leader after they use the revive skill... thats how games lasted so long XD

8. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

didnt a thingy get added to use up a ticket with that? also games in the past never had that, so managed to last without it, it was always just plain old revive back in the day...

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Shinzon, unless you have spawned and died, you cannot be mass revived. It was added since squad leaders were reviving people that had never spawned.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I totally agree with the guy that said that if you don't like district then the new version isn't fun either and if you do then the new version isn't fun.

I think changing linearity would be kinda interesting but I'd rather see the map expanded and more entrances and passages between buildings added.

11. The Buttery Lobster

shinzon i'm hoping that the same problems won't occur on district as had occurred on cdr canyon because its just so much smaller ane, well, more linear.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think it could work.. instead of both teams charging for mid they might stay back and setup defenses at there first 2 flags then move up.. people will be able to ninja flags but it will be easier to defend the flag in a smaller map like buttery said.. in cdr both teams with no vfs would be walking miles around the map an hour or two.. that wont happen on district

13. Lithium

Lithium Member

also it wouldnt hurt to add extra alleys as well and maybe some sandbags set up in streets with no cover

14. The Buttery Lobster

THAT is something I've been advocating since district first came out. *cough cough roof cough cough*

15. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Personally I would like to see something like planks or tiny bridges (kinda like the ones you see near the end of HL2 & EP1) that span from building to rooftop, or from building to building (which would require a few new rooms/nests if you're going from building to building).

16. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

that does sound nice pope.

I don't think district would be the same as cdr canyon as canyon is so big, so many damned trees for scouts to hide in.

For the bored map makers, maybes theres a need for a new map?

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would set it up so that a scout can't take a flag while cloaked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.