District tickets.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bodrick, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuma

Kuma Member

On that note, yesterday, we ran into the same old district game play as if it where the last flag and you where defending with your lives. The game winded down to 1:1 trench fighting in the middle flag for both sides, some times NF would take it, BE would then take it, but it ended up with us just mass reving on both sides untill somone on NF finally respawned and ended the game, but it was still long as can be.

(I use the term trench fighting because it was played alot like the trenches in WWI, mortars flying everywhere, HMG's going off across the street, snipers killing you, it was a trench battle.)

2. nhammen

nhammen Member

Ummm... you can't respawn when there is only 1 ticket left. Either everyone on NF died, or BE captured the flag.

3. Onea

Onea Member

Bump, since nothing was ever done about this.

4. Lithium

Lithium Member

I think the real problem is lv 3 turrets. In district they pin the enemy down.
    also district needs alternate routes to all the flags (not just the sewer and street) how about adding a few alleyways?

5. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I´m for removing turrets OR restricting them to level 1. This suggestion is very old but IT MUST BE DONE!

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I counter lame lvl 3 turret spam with an equally lame strategy: Rifleman Nade spam...

Thats not fun for either side to do...

Lvl 1's are good enough; good placement will stop enemy flow; but no way in hell can you count on them as an effective attack method...

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

actually turret spam is where i get most of my points as gren.. they are really easy points and if they are being repaired then easy kills aswell

8. REX

REX Member

yeah you often see an engy fly away when a mortar goes behind it.

Also wasnt this the reason we got the bleeding ?

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Yes. District matches were lasting for HOURS.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Ticked bleed on district is retarded. If you don't want to play on district join another server.

11. Onea

Onea Member

Why don't you just remove tickets entirely for District, and give a fixed timer instead? It'll cause a lot more crazy suicidal rushes, which are fun!

12. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It will eliminate the need to revive.

13. Onea

Onea Member

Not necessarily, though I would agree that it would make it less useful.

Revive would still be useful, because it would bring people back up right at the front-line, rather than at the spawn point.

If revive were less useful, we might not see teams of 50% medics. It'd be cool to have larger firefights with riflemen.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Bleed sucks. It's no fun making that final push when the enemy never had a chance anyway, or fighting when you've reached that situation. It's really killed the map for me. One time the map was going back and forth, really nice, when suddenly without any real effort our team won... all the plans for breaking through suddenly gone. It's like as if suddenly your CV takes damage if you don't have enough refs. you're all set for a good match and then BOOM. game over :(

I would personally like to see turrets stopped at level 2. this allows people the choice of upgrading BUT don't produce the level 3 beasts that especially slow the game down.

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

With their range it wont matter what level they are; a lvl 2 can already hit the farside of a district street...

Also I notcied a bug... On the building it says Bren Str. while in the centre flag it says Valensomthing avenu...

I lolled...

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i like the bleed i just wish more people would know about it

and turrets are not a problem at all anymore... the old district sucked becuase you couldnt even see the turrets you were just getting blasted by bullets coming from fog.. now turrets are easy points for a skilled gren

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

in case no one said this, I'll say it, if they did, I'm saying it again. With the current system, the last flag for each side is pointless aside from making one team travel a little bit (which is also pointless seeing as how no one bounces back once they've lost the second flag anyway)

By the time either team reaches the second to last flag, the tickets are so skewed that it would take a miracle for the other team to win--there's no point in the last flag because there's no reason to capture it. Kind of the same situation with the second to last flag because of this. The gameplay is decided in the middle three flags, other then that really the rest of the map is just filler.

Perhaps make ticket bleed not related to the number of flags captured... i.e. only the flags adjacent to the middle cause bleed? That way you're still bleeding but at least it's not so horrific as to ensure instant death? Idk, maybe they do that anyway right now, in which case bleed should be nerfed even more. Slapping a timer on the map could work except how would you decide the winner? You'd have to have some sort of reverse-bleed that added to the score of the winning team, I guess. Plus tickets are in every single map so that would be a pretty big break from the game's mechanic.

For the record, if given a choice between a two hour long district match and ticket bleed, I choose ticket bleed every time. However, I don't like either option and I'd choose a third if it were available.

I'm still an advocate for less linearity in the map. The sewer was a step in the right direction. If I may blaspheme here for a minute, in the odd chance that I can actually successfully play the game without crashing or getting teamkilled or spawnkilled, half the push maps in insurgency are well-thought out. These maps have an open layout, much like the classic maps, but still maintain a certain order of capture, flags 1-5, etc. So there is no bottleneck that bogs the game down like in district, but there's still the run and gun conquest feel to it. The maps that DO have the linearity like district are plagued with the same issues as district. There are issues that arise with this (why can't I capture that other point? Why do I have to take X when Z is undefended and sitting there like it wants it?) but as far as combat goes it flows pretty well.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Just fuck off from the district and turn the ticked bleed off. You can remove it from default map cycle but at least SOME servers will offer you a decent district game (not just few shots, few respawns and end of the game). I can't see a single person that likes new settings other than people who don't like district at all (you don't like it then don't play it).

Ticked bleed could make *a little* sense if it would be much lower and tickets would start at 300-400.

19. Avair

Avair Member

you could just find old version of district before it had ticketbleed, rename it to emp_district_nobleed and then find a server to host it?

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Taking away the linear capture order would spice things up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.