District tickets.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bodrick, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

with 2 evenly matched teams the game would never end because both teams would not get past middle..

2. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

i think that slightly lowered tickets and a very slow ticket bleed would be the best way to fix this.... (like about 1 ticket per minute so you canĀ“t get stuck on that last ticket...)

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I'd say: keep tickets as they are but when after 1 team reaches 1 and 2nd can't kill them in 15-30 minutes activate sudden death - give 100-200 tickets and ticket bleed. Team with more flags wins. I just don't want bleed from start of the map.

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

this has got to be the most controversial map in all of empires

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

its the most everything...

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Yeah it may be controversial and so on but I think that most of us agree that it should last 1h-1.5h. You can still have a good and not boring game.

7. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I think the main issue is, that this map lasts so long, and the others end so quickly (*cough* APC rushes *cough* :D ). Most other Empires maps last between 30 mins and an hour, so district should have it's tickets varied accordingly, so that this is the case.
    I definately agree with ticket bleed when you get to the last flag though. It takes AGES to kill BE when they are hiding at the last flag, by which time they deserve to lose, but it is incredibly hard to actually end the round.

8. dnc

dnc Member

Could we no just lower the tickets accordingly and than say that when both teams get to one ticket each, the team with the most flags wins..? as this would end the game and stop people from just using revs.

9. unconnected

unconnected Member

Well now we do have a ticket bleed in place and what does everyone think? I can't believe I am alone in this but district is definitely my favorite map of this entire mod and as is I don't think we have enough tickets to be honest with you. 150 tickets with the bleed and the game just ends so quickly, not really giving the loosing team enough time to come back if they are being pushed. i can see the point of the ticket bleed to prevent someone dragging the game on forever but maybe structure it so you only start bleeding when you loose control of the flag after the middle. Dunno last game I played with the bleed I was just horribly disappointed with how short it was after we lost middle and wished it would have went on and on.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

The mere fact that the map doesnt drag on for hours (literally, hours) makes ticket bleed a HUGE improvement, imo. Sure, there's tweaking that needs to be done, but overall, it's great.

Yes, there needs to be a little more time on the clock, more tickets, but that's easily fixed.

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

The new ticket bleed sucks, one team gets a bleed flag and they don't have to attack anymore. They can just sit back and defend. It also makes reviving near pointless and turret farming king.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

ticket bleed should be slower. i'm talking about one ticket every minute. this way, the core gameplay that made tense standoffs in district great will remain, while the loosing team still has the perogative to attack

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

when i played the map lasted just as long as it use to

14. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ok if you want to properly fix this map all you have to do is add tickets like glycen city.

no ticket bleed or 1 bleed at middle flag that is very slow and barely does anything.

tickets per team = 4000

the gameplay will then go back to capping flags as it was intended because teams wont be afraid to die.
    it will also force people to be creative in finding ways to push through a defence and cap the next flag.

this map is designed to be open and fun but it does not get played like that.
    i would love to see the talented veterans of this mod be challenged on this map.
    the reason no one wants to change it is cause they are comfortable with it.

so crank up the tickets to a moot number and let the capping begin.

15. Align

Align Member

Is anyone actually afraid of dying because of tickets? I avoid dying because it's a setback for the team for my firepower to be gone, not because some number goes down.

16. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

the ticket bleed is definetly good and needs to stay .
    but the tickets could be higherd a bit about 100-150 more

17. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

When tickets depended on respawns, I did. Now that I know they're going to go down anyway, I'm not as bothered anymore :P

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Am i the only one that thinks that people being afraid to die is actually a good thing?

with tonnes of tickets, well. actually it's quite fun. but it's not district gameplay damnit!

19. nhammen

nhammen Member

If I read correctly, then if the teams are able to make the only point of contention be the middle flag, this is still the same old district. The new addition just means that there is a choice between the don't respawn strategy and the capture flags strategy. This is a VERY GOOD THING!

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

No you aren't.

Personally I would rather have district last hours with somebody attacking than 15 minutes of both teams doing nothing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.