District tickets.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bodrick, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Currently, each team has 150 tickets, and the game lasts for YEARS. In the PUG today, it was on for 90 minutes at least, and the tickets were still 62:75.

The tickets need to be drastically reduced, possibly to 20. We are meant to be playing Empires, not District402.

That is all.

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

20 is too little, imho. Perhaps 75 or 50 would be a bit better.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i agree.. but i was thinking instead of the current ticket setup maybe add a ticket bleed like glycen.. because that map lasts the perfect amount of time

even with only 20 tickets people will still use mass rev

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Shitty ticket bleed is shitty.

5. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

Thats nothing! A night or two ago there was an almost full server playing, the tickets slowly went down to 1 on both teams, yet for at least 1.5 hours we continued playing with reving and such! IT WAS MADNESS!

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Amen bodrick. With the addition of the squad revive ability, even a poor team can keep people playing for hours after the tickets are stuck at one.

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

Perhaps the Revive ability should use up a ticket. Doesn't matter how many squad mates get revived, it should always use exactly one ticket. This would help break stalemates on District-like maps.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

My first random idea how to "fix" it is to rise "mass revive" skill squad points price. It's 5 points as far as I know. It should be changed so much that you can't just mass revive, shoot a bit to gain some points and mass revive again. Maybe 10 points and we'll see how it works in rc22?

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

what if you gave a huge number of tickets (as proposed before) so that there was little cost to rushing for a flag?

10. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Limit revive to the first minute after somebody died. (I mean, hey, how long can you lay around with three bullet holes in your chest before you are clinical dead) So you can't wait forever behind enemy lines until some engi finds you. After one minute you use one ticket. If it was the last your team looses.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I like the idea of squad revive requiring 1 ticket as well as the 5 points; that would be perfect without making that skill too pricy

12. Avair

Avair Member

please fix how people can join after all the tickets are gone and get revived by squad rev (or actually i like shinzons idea : o )

i got back into the game as a scout using squad rev when the tickets were gone, was sorta funny, my max additional ammo for my scout rifle was 4 and i only got 1 round each time i used the ammo box : D

13. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

avair, that sounds like a bug that should go in the mantis bug tracker.

As far as lots of tickets, I believe that's a stopgap measure. Vet players will still horde all their points and the map will last even longer. If such a measure were implemented, it would have to be something extreme, such as getting rid of the tickets alltogether, or, more likely, using glycencity style ticket bleed.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

like i said earlier

i really think this is the best possible choice.. this will mean the match will for sure end within a halfhour/hour and will stop people from camping.. everyone will try to push so they can win.. this will stop the stalemates and never ending matchs

15. Avair

Avair Member

well lobstah, im not sure if youre supposed to be able to get into a 1:1 game using squad rev anyway so not sure if it should be considered a bug ^^

16. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

A ticket bleed is just retarded. Enough maps were ruined because some people want to bitch about how long games last. Just think about this for a second. You are playing a map with 150 tickets, and the squad leaders use an ability to save you from using tickets. GASPasdgsf! Smart people should not have to deal with the losing team's whining.
    "Oh boohoo, I lost because my team and I suck, so let's nerf the map because we're weak!" Well guess what, if the map is changed, you are weak, my friend.

Affirmative action people, affirmative action! We need to quit handicapping this game for the mentally challenged! Empires is not under NAPH regulations so play like you have an IQ above room temperature >_<

Also, does anyone find if funny that the only people who complain are the ones who aren't revived or aren't winning? Take thursday for example. EPIC game in district. Lasted about an hour or so with the teams giving each other incredible opposition. BE were winning for while until I directed the squad leaders to use squad revive and save tickets. Then the control of the map changed and we made progess. Slow progress but progress none the less. Then bodrick(who was on BE) decided he didn't want to lose and changed the map(until he gives me a reasonable explantion otherwise, I will not except any other reason).

Next round he was later chewed out by the NF who all went spec ^_^

See, losers and whiners want to quit. The underdogs love the game.

In summary. The map could use a tad bit of balancing(geographical wise) but changing core features such as tickets would ruin the pleasure people get from it. District is a map where you either get extreme pleasure from crushing and outsmarting your enemies, or feel like dumbasses because you FAILED HARD. I have lost and it felt like shit >_< but not for 1 second did I want to change it. Empires needs more maps like this imo.

17. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

In my eyes ticket bleed is useful (not just on district but all flag maps). The map was supposed to be about capturing flags. As it is now, however, the map's primary target is to get the opposite team's tickets to 1 instead of getting their last flag; the flags just change the place where fighting takes place. You could as well leave the flags out and the game play would not change, except that both teams would always meet at the center choke point.
    With ticket bleed there would actually be a difference between having a flag or not having it. Also games would end faster. If you like those infatry maps that surely doesn't sound like a pro, but as I mentioned in another thread: Empires has soo much more to offer than 'infantry only'. One infantry map every now and then is OK, but not for 90 minutes on the same map. If you feel like you want that kind of game play you should consider playing Dystopia or DoD.

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I would also like to mention that maps like these teach teamwork, and they also help players get to know their team mates. This map has let me get to know a lot of people so when I Am in command in a commander style map, I can understand their individual skills, and I know how well they work with their team.
    We need more fighting and less bitching >_<

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the point is.. playing a long game of district is only fun for the first hour or so wether you are winning or not.. i think the majority can agree with me on this

i dunno if lowering the tickets will even make it shorter but it needs somthing.. because if i have to play a match for that long i atleast want tanks and research to play with.. classic maps should last longer then infantry maps and thats not the case with district

20. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

[rant]

Yes, but that means that the map then never ends if both sides do it (which is all the time).

I'm not talking about nerfing the map, I'm talking about changing the length of it. Read what my post actually says instead of reading what you want it to say.

Yeah, if you can't get your point across well, insulting always helps.

The fact that we are meant to be beta testing EMPIRES, not just district?

What?
    BE went spec, on your team. I had to leave before the end of the match, because I only have a certain amount of time to play empires, almost 2 hours of which went on District.
    Yeah, but did you play from the beginning? You sure didn't yesterday. I did, and got thorougly bored.

This isn't the game you want it to be then. Try BF2.

We are testing 1.08 here, that includes all the maps. If you don't like it, go back to 1.07.

[/rant]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.