District Tactical

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sandbag, Dec 4, 2009.

1. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

OP (no tickets, respawn 30s) won't change anything at district.

It's the revive, which makes the map lasts forever.

So again:
    Easy and radical solution to fix district:

Disable engineer calculator.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

And again, stop restating your ideas over and over again. Hitting us over the head with them won't make them appeal any more, and it's really annoying to see you repeat the same thing in less than a day.

3. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I remember when district was fun.

Man, it was fun.

Fix district, and many other things by going back, gogogo.

4. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I usually have 100-150 ping and I find no problem meleeing nor any disadvantage against melee. It's all about knowing how to do it.

Also, RPG is the only decent weapon for a gren because BE pistol2 doesnt match the shotty, the mortars glitch a lot, squad arty glitches a lot, and people are whores who like to lay down and camp. For the first part of the game, the RPG is instakill, as accurate as you want it, and reloads faster than the mortar. It's also really effective for hopping around corners and taking prone whores by surprise

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  5. Empty

Empty Member

The RPG doesn't instakill riflemen with digin (in fact I don't think it kills rifleman in one shot, period)

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i believe it should, rpg should have low splash and high damage, instakilling anyone with a hit would be desireable but hard to accomplish

well, it would make sense from a weapons point of vieuw

7. Empty

Empty Member

I didn't say anything about balancing it, I'm talking about how it behaves atm.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was not talking about balance ether, i was talking how i expect it to behave (not how it behaves, nor balancing)

9. Demented

Demented Member

Actually, I believe it does! Riflemen have a substantial resistance to mortars, but none for the rpg.

That said, regarding Varbles' comments...
    I haven't seen anyone use an rpg regularly as a primary weapon.
    It's basically throwing a die on the table. If it comes up 6, you win!
    If it comes up 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, you lose.

Mostly I see people trying to get cheap (low risk, not unfair) kills by shooting rockets at distant, stationary targets... It's the rare Brazen Bastard Bearing Bronze Balls who uses an rpg in combat to lay down the hard smack on some foo'... Who subsequently become the Poor Pride-Pilfered Pwnee* who got shot to death while reloading his noobtube.

*Seeing as how I pronounce 'pwn' as 'own', that alliteration makes no sense phonetically.

10. Empty

Empty Member

My usual plan of attack as a gren is:

Open with mortar
    Fire the RPG
    Unload my pistol
    If things look good, reload and continue with pistol.
    If out of ammo, melee or drop mines.
    Bunnyhop always.

11. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

How about we not balance the game's weapons around District?

Also, disabling calc on District is a terrible, terrible idea. Yay, we have a map that already removes most of the distinctive features of Empires, and it sucks -- let's fix it by removing even more of the distinctive features of Empires, then it will be awesome! Also, remove squad powers because squad revive has the same effect there. In fact, I eagerly await the version of District that removes all weapons entirely.

(Granted that I think that the best solution to District is for it to die so people will stop trying to screw up the game's balance over it; if you want team-CP-deathmatch in a game with no tanks or commander, why not go play a mod not designed and balanced around the idea of tanks and a commander? In that respect I suppose disabling calcs is less offensive, in that it only makes District suck instead of trying to make the rest of the game suck as badly as District does the way all the weapon-balance suggestions that come out of District do.)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i always just use rpg on people while running around as if it was UT

my K/D ratio is mostly higher when grenadier then when any other class but it gets boring pretty fast

13. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Games on district are just normal team deathmatch rounds with flags. It has nearly nothing to do with empires. And it's the only map without tanks.

And because of this I suggest to remove everything from there, which makes this maps last longer as necessary (e.g. engineer calculator).

In my opinion it should be a fun map, where you just run around and shoot people. And like other fun maps like megahill_jam or empirescup these maps becomes soon boring and stupid if they last too long.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

patching it up is a wrong philosophy when trying to fix something

15. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

What do you mean with patching it up?

If something can't be fixed it should a least don't last too long.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Disable engineer building, ammo boxes, remove ammo crates from middle flag, as well as health.

Leave the sewers, it doesn't really hinder gameplay or help it.

Add a couple of indoor areas and small alley's between buildings possibly along the street.

Add a couple more "High Ground" areas to shoot from.

Add a jeep spawner on both start area's for lols.

17. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

I firmly believe that stalemates will be hard to accomplish, even with revive, if there is a 30 second respawn. sure, there may be times where a bit of a standoff occours, but a bit of mortar cover and grenades over the area, a decent rambo or two and the squad is wiped. that happens already, except that the wipe has almost no effect because backup engineers have spawned and are nearby already usually, and if not the entire squad can just respawn and before you have taken much ground.

put more eloquently: Think of the man power of each team as weight on an old fashioned scale Currently, the team sizes do not change significantly because any lost men are quickly back in the flight. Longer respawn times mean that the size of the alive teams can change by a much more significant amount. This means that after a couple of pushes, it should not be impossible for the "scales of power" to shift too far to one side and allow the other team to push and cap the point.

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

another option is to leave all spawn points at the start as well.

DoD has very good back and forth fighting on flag maps because there are static spawn points. Their maps are also fairly linear and each team has a couple of death rays. overall, I think this would have the greatest effect on the map.

*edit*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  19. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

20. Empty

Empty Member