DEMO---MEG v.s. Consortium

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Sgt.Security, Mar 27, 2011.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Since there was only 4 RAGE members it would of been nice is we could of fielded a full 5 man squad, but one of the rage members kept getting kicked. See how this was my first scrim I probably have no room to voice my opinion. However it seemed pretty one sided the first round in the fact that Hobbes was working through some latency issues, the second round played a lot smoother, but it would of been nice to have an admin who was dedicated to just speccing the first round finding out what was going on with both sides, then resolving a lot of the issues that were going on, instead it seemed pretty one sided. just my opinion

2. Krazer

Krazer Member

Hobbes use paragraphs, I'm not reading that.

Anyways. MEG ffs use teamspeak.

People are actually whining about turbo jeeps... Yeah they should not be on. But both teams get a chance to play both factions so that's no excuse.

I'm fucking amazed at how you guys act like empires is actually competitive, and go so far as to flame over and over about some scrim. Which compared to most other games is just an unorganized PUG.

Edit: One of the funner scrims in a long time. Much thanks to MEG and their cousin RAGE for taking the time to organize themselves for a good scrim

I'm disappointed that epic has turned this thread into complete shit with their whining and crying to Security. The whining here is almost as bad as the RIFT forums. Stop acting like this game gives ego or is competitive... It's not, get over it.

People in here are complaining about Sv_pure yet probably everyone in this thread has used mat hacks or w/e in the past...

Amazing.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  3. Deiform

Deiform Member

I used to think like that, then I stopped being an arrogant prick.

Also aren't you in Consortium? Have you met FN? I'm pretty sure he takes the clan side of the game quite seriously - more so than everyone else. No more flying V squad formations for you.

I mean, it's nice to scrim you guys, but change is good. So don't scare away the new guys.

4. communism

communism poof

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

sv_pure 1 on custom maps is quite broken. sv_pure 2 on official maps should work just fine. sv_pure value gets applied at next map change. Except that there's "small" bug: even sv_pure 2 crashes everyone when shutting down Empires.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

thx for ya info mootant.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Sv_pure 2 doesn't crash anyone when shutting down Empires. We used it in the EPIC Consortium scrim, and we used it in the Pug. Hell, I had sv_pure 2 running on a server I was just doing some testing on, and I didn't crash. sv_pure 2 works near-flawlessly.

I'm not going to reply to Krazer's stupid, uneducated post. Nor am I going to waste my time with Security, who can't just man the fuck up, admit he fucked up, and end this entire shitfest. I honestly can't believe you're expecting a new clan to have everything as organised as a clan that has been running for ages. You're pretty biassed, seeing as you've only played in BSID and Consortium when they've already played multiple matches. But as someone who has been on both sides of the fence, it's fairly clear just how ignorant you're being. But it's pointless anyway, you ignore 90% of the posts, answer with answers that aren't even relevant, and refuse to accept that you did anything wrong. No-one will get through to you, so it's pointless to continue. I'll just make it very clear that you'll never have any form of access in any scrim I ever put my clan in, because I, along now with many others, feel you're too incompetent to use it, and too ignorant to even listen to people advising you ingame of how to do things properly. Let alone having a disgusting attitude to new clans.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

does it matter? i have a 100% crash rate on mapchange anyway (ive only played a few rounds though, its no fun this way ...)
    btw how to get rid of the pointless POM, you dont notice it at all anyway. not like id notice it due to low framerates, they still are stable for me, but it doesnt add anything to visual quality imo ...

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

POM is being removed or something, but just wait on the next patch. You can set shader detail to low but it might cause other weird errors.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

move thread to clan section? Seems like a clan thread to me :D

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

That would require an attentive moderator

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

bleh, not gonna happen then/

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Kinda puts the BSID threads to shame, don't it? :D

You're lucky... it's a rare day for me when someone manages to get to talk strategy for 2 minutes :p

15. Juice

Juice Member

U MAD?

This was my first scrim and I must say it was quite an... ...experience

16. Krazer

Krazer Member

Same time next week ?

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

2 megs rq'ed

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This thread is so hot man, can see the bullet holes in my monitor.

19. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I completely sucked in the scrim... why? because of the fucking ping. I was hitting 1000 - 1200 ms ping at some points and the average was like 600-700. At best i had 200-300.

I had access to two different Internet providers and both were the same, I also tried conencting with my cell phone (that gets about 200-300 in viper) and still the same shit.

Then for some reason when the first match was over, the server forced me to reload the SAME FUCKING map again? and then they complain about people staying unassigned pfff.

Hobbes also had really bad ping most of the time and in general all MEG ping was averaging 200-300 while Consortium was in the 30-70.

Anyway the scrim was a fucking lag fest... And reconnecting was a pain.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am not sure what happened to your connection Brian.
    Because I had the same usual ping as always.