DEMO---MEG v.s. Consortium

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Sgt.Security, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

To first paragraph, we are going in a full circle because you refused to tell me how is it wrong.

To second paragraph, there was no other senior admin available for the job, so I was fucking "forced" to do it.
    (I wasn't actually forced but imagine if I didn't do anything at all)
    So I have to take the responsibility because I didn't test the jeep?
    So I have to take the responsibility for the broken sv_pure?
    (well Mootant said he's not gonna fix it for now. So I'll take that it's broken.)
    So I have to take the responsibility even when I was "forced" to do it?
    (Fine imagine what would have happened if I didn't restart the round and let it begin.)
    So I have to take the responsibility only because you said so?

To third paragraph, I don't think I should be happy when someone who don't have a clue about the situation keep claiming that it's my fault and yet he have no supportive evidences.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

has this become a ragefest over someones adminship?

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Ok, well I think you're being a bit immature about the situation.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Ask Deiform lol.
    He's not even related to this incident completely.
    Even his interest is not related to this.
    yet he's crying harder than everyone else.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

My interest is in keeping an active clan community. If people start to make other people not want to scrim, then that's kinda detrimental to my interests, so yes it does involve me.

Not sure where this crying has come from - I'm just stating (quite clearly I think) where the fuck ups are, but denial it seems is taking over.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

YOU THINK? YOU THINK?

Taking responsibility which doesn't belong to me blindly will not make me a mature guy.

If that's how you define maturity.

EDIT: Fine you can say : If I don't take the responsibility blindly and your heart will blow up, so your interest are involved.
    You can always come up with a ridiculous reason.

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

Why are you like 2 posts behind? Don't you think as an admin of VIPERs that you should probably get the scrim server sorted out? Or are we trying to wave off this and delegate it to another admin?

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I have to post behind because you are editting too.

O sure, so 21 server admins and 3 senior admins of VIPER should go and rent a server for scrim because we have to sort the scrim server out?

HOW THE FUCK CAN I SORT IT OUT LOL. Tell Vicki to fix the sv_pure? Last time I talked to mootant and he said it's broken and he's not gonna fix it at the moment.

I was never told to take the "scrim admin" job. But I had to do it :\ .

9. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Well this conversation went downhill to a troll flame-war. Let me throw in my two cent and make a suggestion:

The first, and obvious, problem was not having a root admin presence. Sgt. Security did not have access to change the server.cfg or any other important server settings like server slots. It is partly Consortium and MEG fault for not establishing the number of players per team and sticking with it. As Sgt. Security was able to get Vicki to change the # of slots, both teams would suddenly have more players and would want to have the server slots changed again.

The second problem was a lack of understanding of server/SM features (reserved slots, war mode, etc.). It did not help that Sgt. Security did not understand why having a 40-slot server for a 20v20 was a bad idea, especially when reserved slots were enabled. It also did not help that Sgt. Security was originally getting all of his directions from FN :rolleyes:.

The problem with jeep-turbo, parachutes, and inconsistent settings from each server during scrim is long-term problem that is solvable. VIPER server would occasionally turn off those "fun" SM plugins, depending on the admin, during scrims. MEG would always have those plugins on during scrims. While EPIC turns off those SM plugins, trickster would occasionally changes with other settings (e.g. increasing default ticket settings for a map). We need to create a standardized scrim config file for all servers. An admin would simply have to execute the cfg file and not deal with the hassle of remembering all of the changes needed. It would also solve any inconsistent settings between servers and allow us to discuss how the settings should be arranged for scrims.

For example, I created cfg files for the 420's battleground 2 server for different events. Some of them were linebattle.cfg, skirmish.cfg, scrimmage.cfg. All of them had different settings (server name, autobalance, SM plugins enabled/disabled, ff, respawntime, etc.). All you had to do was use sm_exec with the correct file and execute the default file (skirmish.cfg) when you were done. The system was so easy, that even Grantrithor can setup the server for a linebattle :p.

While these scrims are not part of some official league, it would make things more convenient if all of the scrim servers had the same cfg file. The file can also be made public so new servers can use them whenever they host scrims and learn the expected settings for an Empires scrim.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  10. Deiform

Deiform Member

Oh I didn't mean to rent a new server. Just do what we do and have a separate server cfg on the same server that you can remotely activate. Tbh there should be one already on there, scrims have been done before on Vipers.

As you can prolly tell, I got tired of flaming. The US side doesn't really have a proper scrim server and if Vipers isn't capable of doing it properly then we should prolly sort it out.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

By the way.

Unassigned is also where people go when they are connected to the server, even if the game hasn't loaded. People downloading the current map, for example, will be in unassigned.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

i doubt that

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just jumping in here with 2 things.

1) Metalsmith is right. People enter unassigned way before they're actually in the server. You only needed to see the amount of unassigned people in a server when a custom map comes up, and they aren't just waiting there, they're still downloading. So Security is wrong on that one.

2) There was no reason that Security couldn't have turned pure on himself, and reloaded the map. !rcon sv_pure 2. Done. You reload the map, and pure is active. At the very least it should have been on for the 2nd round.

At the very least, the lack of knowledge here by the person running this shows that someone more competent should have been doing it. Not knowing about this stuff, or fixing it using the ability you had, is pretty unacceptable. I also briefly read Security mentioned that they "should have planned this weeks ago". I hope that was a joke, considering that they had no idea who would be playing, or the numbers, until they got into the match. Expecting that is far beyond unreasonable, it's arrogant, ignorant, and just pathetic on your part.

As for what Wallmart said, yes, for certain, we need an official scrim.cfg, which I'll probably do in the next day or 2 given the shit that happened here. We can standardise viewing distances, rates, turret/wall/building/vehicle limits, pure, etc. We won't be able to standardise tickets as they're in map specific cfgs, and we also won't be able to stop turbojeeps, so it will be up to the hosters to sort these things out, but we can at least introduce some kind of norm.

At the end of the day here, I'm not trying to get at Security, or Consortium, or anyone. I'm just saying, that considering that numerous mistakes were made, that without a doubt, had an effect on their ability to play, the person responsible at the very least owes them an apology. They're new, and they were fucked with, and it's not how you get new clans going.

14. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I'm not gonna read all the shit said, and if someone already addressed this - fuck you, have a cookie.

First of all, conso had all their players available before the start, or at the very least 5 minutes before the official player agreement. Somewhere mid 2nd round (not official scrim just prep) we've established that it would be 20 v 20. And pretty much told meg to field any more players.

We've had retards on our side joining even though they were told over vent to get bent because they were too late.

Any player over 20 on our side was immediately kicked. At one point, meg had 22 players present, and they had a brilliant fucking idea: "Hey, let's fucking raise the player count to 22 v 22, even though it's out of 40. Woot!"

At this point everyone just started getting kicked, hobbes was kicked because he joined last, but previously people kept joining and leaving and from security's understanding they were the ones supposed to come back and play, yet they just dipped on the wing.

It was terrible management on consortium's side and terrible organization on meg's side which made this stupid shit possible.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

are you sure? whenever some long ass download like bush comes up the server claims around 40 players in the server list when no one is in unassigned and there are about 10 or 15 total everywhere else. You don't sit in unassigned until the map is done dling.

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

damn shit got mad. fast.

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

when testing custom maps on a server, when the map dl is from the server instead of a fast DL server, they will sit in idle the entire download period. I imagine that fast dl servers are separate, and it redirects you. This would also explain some servers allowing you to DL custom content before kicking you due to a slot reservation or something.

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

As I said, we put Atomic on, and the list of unassigned was huge. They show up in unassigned when they're far along enough in the process to post as an active player when you look at server browser. On the view server browser, if a custom map has just come on, the players listed and the number at the top don't match up until people get into unassigned. Then when they're actually ingame, they're at the screen.

19. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

ok, I wastrying to wait into I read this whole thread until I posted. So forgive me if what I see is already Covered later on. But theONLY reason I was unassigned is because I was loading. Because the Server started loading forest or something, then got changed to coast mid load so some of where stuck in limbo until we disconnected and reconnected again ourselves only to be disconnected again by security. I mean I don't want to pile on but, kick me really? Because I'm really just there to troll MEG and take up a slot. Fuck no! I'm their goddamn com, and I'm sure most reasonable people would have guessed that. Now I also had high ping to contend with so I played the first round not on our Ts while comming with a ping of 600ish. Brian griffin rocked a 900 at times. So between rounds I hoped I had a few minutes to tweek things on my end and improve ping but instead I had a 180 second com vote and an oddly behaving admin. Which combined for me taking an eternity to get into the round. Logging back into ts3 at the last second. I figured better lag with communications than lag without. So no, I had no planning time opportunity the second round and very little for the first.
    But also I realize had we been on the server on time we would have had the luxury of being more aware of our setting by warming up on district or last stand or something. We have worked out a proper com vote time, had we done last stand we might have been aware of turbo keeps, we might known about sv pure, and I would have known I was fucked with steady 400-700 ping and probably sat that one out. But by the time I knew it was on. The server scenario in so many ways was unacceptable, but had we been on time we could have had a chance to change things. Or at least had been aware before we were in it deep.

20. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i apologize for the shit quality if my post I can only post here from my phone