CV/Ninja crap

Discussion in 'Archive' started by rampantandroid, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You didn't see HSM's rush on SOF. lol Anyway rushes are fine now. APC has to have cover to do anything (like unload 8 grenadiers). To lose team has to be really dumb - no mines, shitty walls, no turrets.

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That just happned right now... single APC; enemy team hiding in ruins for the entire time... You simply can't nerf a tactic... it has nothing to do with units, it is just a tactic..

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

CV can't be repaired in the repair pad. I think it's fine now. BE tried 2 apc rushes and got killed by a grenadier standing watch on the base. I only think the apc should be raised in cost too so that losing it hurts the team more in early game.

4. Goose

Goose Member

I just got done 8 mining the comm during the pug. Problem was, I walked into their base, no turrets or cameras, and I just walked up to the comm dropped my mines and was done. All the comm needed to do was place 1 turret and his side would have won.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Raising cost may not fix it because some maps give you more resources per refinery (SOF, slaughtered)

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm just talking about the very beginning. Headshotmaster got owned because he built an APC with no armor which equals very little cost. As long as you're cautious, you can spit out zero armor APCs with very little money hit.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Yes but that takes 1-2 rockets to destroy. If you surive in such APC opposite team is plain retarded or standard engine is too fast.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the point is that if an APC costs 200, and a good one 500, then you can keep spitting them out again and again and again and again... without even pausing for a break. even though APC's are much more powerful than tanks, they cost less atm.

9. Goose

Goose Member

Remember that we did get killed with 1 mortar shot.

10. munky91

munky91 Member

I always thought grenadiers were suited to anti-tank and anti-fortification (hence the mortar). I've always thought engineers were the quick and risky anti-building (hence the seismic grenades and super TI-84 calculator). So yes, it seems odd that the grenadier is the anti-base ninja. So I vote for landmines just aren't good against buildings. Also, we could consider a rebuildable command vehicle? It could still hurt the team financially to buy one, so there would still be a motive to kill it. Maybe throw in a research for the command chassey.