Community promo video idea

Discussion in 'General' started by cpugeek, May 20, 2006.

1. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Just chop it up into sections and .rar them

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

You mean put it in a .rar and chop up the rar? Well I thought of that but I don't really know how... the options under extract say split into multiple volumes but it's grayed out.

3. Edgar

Edgar Member

I added some vids here.

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

As you can see from my post in the crap section, I'm pretty pissed off. After attempts to compress, upload, or archive my footage to help you guys everything has failed. I'll admit, the VDub incident and the more recent WinRAR incident (further explained) are user-error. However, I feel that now I should just make my own promo video. I can record all the footage I need to, because pretty much everyone in-game recognizes what I am doing.

I "aquired" last night the Corporate Edition of WinRAR, to archive the huge files into seperate RAR archives at 100 mb each. This would allow me to use YouSendIt, one of the better upload sites. Also, I forgot I had Badongo, a site that extends into the shell in Windows to allow easy uploads of files. I ran the program, telling it to shut down the PC when done.

After logging on this morning, I couldn't find the RAR archives ANYWHERE. I checked the root WinRAR directory, where I started the RAR archive, also the directory where the files are stored. When I tried START>Programs>WinRAR, my computer locks up and I get screen defects. Every time. Also my computer was running like it was 8 years old. I previously had around 85-95 gigs on my harddrive, now I am at 45. After deleting anything I possible could that I had backups of, I did a windows search for *.rar with Empires in the filename.

Guess what, over 200 trillion files came up, all at 100 kb. Apprently I forgot to add a zero when I choose the settings? Again, my fault, so I'm not really angry that much. I'm just tired of wasting my time, and I would like to make my own video. If anyone has any tips for Adobe After Effects 7, they would be appreciated since I dont' have much expertice in that program.

5. boub

boub Member

To begin I would say that Adobe is so complex that it is possible to help somebody on a forum, especially that of empiresmod who(which) would be irrelevant.

The advantage and the only one I would say about Adobe is that exactly there is a lot of help(assistant) on different Internet site to create a small movie. The it belongs to you to look a little.

We learn(teach) with the errors ;)

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I know Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier pretty ok, but After Effects is known to be one of the best ways for cool videos (the Hollywood Halo clan uses After Effects to do their text I think, and it's awesome every time I see it..)

7. boub

boub Member

If already you do not know Adobe premiere, dash into After effect risk to be really complicated even if it is true that this program is one of the best.

It is necessary to know that many of the other small programs can make what you want, it is just necessary to look.

8. Angry

Angry Junior Member

NO NO NO

I mean chop the video up THEN rar it and upload it into bits. Like part 1, 2, 3, 4 ect.

9. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

It doesn't matter anymore, I uploaded the biggest compresed files to Badango, easily. Should have done that from the start. The only thing is in order to compress the videos, it will take me a long time and I already tried once. I will just upload the files uncompressed. I have 2 files of good footage compressed and uploaded, when I get home from this lancenter I will PM you the links, Angry.

10. jouwmakker

jouwmakker Member

hi everyone

im new :eek:

the promo video is a very good idea it is 1 of the reasons that i joined the community

nice video bodrick :cool:

11. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Cheers :)
    How is it coming along?

12. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Well, i'm temporarily taken over the project until angry gets his computer running right. Of all the videos i've received or are posted here, only two work: Bodrick's and the district one. The others i can't open, or there is just sound but no video. If we don't get more footage, we're gonna have to cancel the project.

13. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I don't know what the problem is; mine are encoded with Xvid Mpeg-4 encoder. Make sure you have the latest DivX installed (6.2). If you feel the need to cancel the project, I have filmed a lot, and have made my own video. Check my thread.

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

cpugeek, mine is 3ivx codec

3ivx.com

edit:

btw I found another funny video from some time ago, mass med tanks
    very short movie of 26 mbs, at the end of the game, me dropping some med tanks and them ending the game and having some stacked fun.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUKKPMC8

divx codec this time

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006