commander stuck on own turret emp_coast

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nick, Dec 28, 2014.

1. nick

nick Member

commander stuck on own turret emp_coast
    (our nf com was stuck on nf lvl3 machine turret north of map)
    the following is a discussion ingame, It was posted here because it shows vastly different viewpoints of 'what is good' and 'what is not good' for gameplay

I think having a com stuck on own turret is bad for gameplay, and bad for new players and bad for empires future. it is a bug to be fixed

I also think commmanders should have ability to move a turret a few feet without having to "rebuild" manually.

I also suggest a setting, (prefer the weaker team when teams are tied, or prefer the stronger team when teams are tied) many players would prefer one side or the other and i would like to see how the community "votes" on such a setting, and how this "setting" corresponds with elite/noob players.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So basically you want to be able to drive through your team's turrets? I'm kinda inclined to agree with the other people playing, drive better and when things fail recycle the turret. Driving through turrets is a tad silly, and can seem inconsistent when the comm can drive through and tanks can't. If everything can that would be bad for game play in a different way.

I don't get what you mean about preferences. Unless you are asking for an auto stack option. That's kinda dumb.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

Nick you are idiot! I have been on turret and is not hard like you say to recycle. You should be more silent!

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I think he's just frustrated that the NF CV can be turreted in general.

I mean, it's far from an ideal mechanic.

5. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

omg, he really posted this... look in chat, I tell him how to get off it...

6. Lazybum

I was thinking that, but the line about lt getting stuck on a rax made me think about how even the be comm can drive up on top of his turret or walls and get stuck.

I will admit to actually thinking about how empires would play out if this was added, as a commander I would think it's great but as any other class I'd hate it when I would be chasing the comm and get stuck on a wall that he magically went through.

Oh, something I should have pointed out in that first post of mine is that it is only a bug if something is acting in an unintended way. Most people would fully expect solid objects to block solid objects.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Cvs projects a no build around area in a very small radius around themselves.

There we go, you can still trap it in walls but cant do the scummy turrent-under-hood trick.

Doesnt help the getting stuck on random shit problem the cv has, it still badly needs a new model, but at least the worst part of the problem goes away

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

That chat made me laugh.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

@OP: yelling at people is a good way to get ones point across, you should try that IRL, you gonna be so super successful with this ...

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There should be a fix for getting tirreted, but if you ram a turret at high speed that's your own fault.

11. flasche

the real issue is the size of the nf cv ...

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

lol is this guy fucking serious?

13. ImSpartacus

Be nice. The guy is getting passionate. He's allowed to be human.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

How big would you make the CVs if it was up to you?

15. flasche

the size of the be cv

16. Z100000M

You missed a perfect yo momma joke opportunity there

Anyway, yeah the should be more or less the same. The biggest issue are the monster truck wheels, which somehow DONT have collision boxes (though other vehicles for some reason dont either) which means you can put shit under them and get shot through them.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Turreting the NF CV is something which is super annoying, like turrets shouldn't be able to fit under there or the CV should have enough ride height to fit over them.

Booze? Booze.

18. Lazybum

I remember a screenshot of viroman messing with scripts and getting the jeeps to float like 10 feet in the air. I bet you do something similar with the comm vehicle, just not so high. Though now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure it moves the collision box too. Probably does though.
    I can't tell you how many times I ended up losing the cv or failed to save it because I thought hiding behind the giant ass wheels or just the comm in general would block bullets when it just didn't.

19. Z100000M

Wheels seem to have their own sort of collision box, which is used to calculate terrain interaction, but not player ones.

One incredibly infuriating thing about it is people trying to shoot the nf cvs wheels, which does nothing. Not like i blame them ,its really unintuitive. Same goes sometimes for the lt. Ive seen many an rpg do nothing because it was aimed too low. Threads are the same and its funny seeing people try to do what the sticky grenades were actually for, namely destroying tank threads. Oops.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  20. ImSpartacus

Just to throw it out there, it takes about ten seconds to make the NF CV sit a foot or two higher off the ground than normal such that you can drive over turrets.

The downside is that it looks like it's floating.