Cheap Tactics

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MomoZMonster, Nov 8, 2007.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Remember folks, don't drive them away.

[​IMG]

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

How is rpg sniping fixed?

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It does minimal damage to structures, other than turrets now.

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

A gren can still kill a barracks in less than a minute :\

5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

and thats where bullets & vehicles kick in =P

O.T. Woo 1000 posts ^^

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

for heavens sake don't stop people going into spawns. i don't think it would be possible short of 9 mining a barracks to take one down with engineers repairing on the inside.

I'm entirely behind dee on this. she's entirely right in my opinion.

ever played counterstrike ( *spits*) on a clan server? and every time you spawn you ALWAYS die? if that was your only experience of the game then you would drop it then and there.

what we need to show newbies is what this mod is all about- teamwork, strategy and killing dubees %&$% jeep that is in our base for the 6th time.

7. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

that made me lol

yes, i spoke too hastily, like i said, spawn killing isn't really an issue in this game, as spawns are so mobile and easily changed. The vf thing could safely be implemented, though.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

ahahahaah

man i was on a jeep rampage that day :D

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Suggestion to fix up the mining issue, I think this is an easy code fix too. Everyone wants to see mining stay - fine. But what I cannot reconcile is how you can detonate mines after you die:

Someone starts mining your Rax, you kill them, they quickly respawn and drop more mines until they hit 9, and boom.

I'd PREFER to see dropping a ninth mine just make the first one disappear, not let the gren detonate mines...they are JUST mines. Give scouts satchel charges...but since no one wants that it seems...

Make it so that if the gren dies and tries to drop more mines, the mines from before he died do not detonate. IE, to nine mine, he can't die...but if he does die, his mines are still there, he just can't detonate them.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that sounds good.

actually thinking of that homocidal jeep spree the other day, that sounds like another cheap tactic to me. ramming peoples tanks and such with jeeps. it pisses me off and to be honest i don't even know if it can be called legitimate either.

imo jeep health should go down to that of APC's. they shouldn't be able to take the same punishment tanks can.

11. ^Dee^

I'm still not sure where the devs are on the whole jeep ramming issue. One minute it's considered an exploit and then the next minute, it's not.

I do warn people for doing it on the server and kick if they don't stop though.

One way or another, though, it needs sorting out.

12. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I thought jeeps had the lowest health out of all of the vehicles, anyways jeeps take damage easily. Ever hit a wall at high speed with 3-phase & scout speed upgrade, it usually leaves you smoking. I thought the whole jeep issue had been dealt with. I remember a few RCs ago (somewhere between 25 & 29 can't remember) I drove a jeep under a tank & started seeing my jeeps health blinking away at the bottom of my screen, though I guess it's been removed as this past weekend I managed to drag an NF heavy tank to water with out suffering any health lost (or least not that I noticed). Anyways as of right now the jeeps' only purpose in this game is a distraction tool, a taxi, & a defense runner for quick suicide raids, as I see it anyways.

BTW cute avi ^Dee^! ^^

13. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

holy shit, rat, why the fuck wasn't this suggested MONTHS ago. That is a simple and effective solution that eliminates the cheese while keeping the gameplay. Cookies for you.

14. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

See thats a perfect example, if its something admins feel they need to warn/kick about then if possible change it. Pubbers are like kittens/puppies/kids when theres cookies on the table. Yah you can waste your time, and piss off the kitten by swatting it away from the table or.. move the cookies;)

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I've always found jeep pushing to be funny and to give some use to jeeps.

16. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

On that vehicletraining map we did a CW practice where we just used jeeps to disrupt tank battles. Worked very well.

17. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

there was loads of stuff on removing nine mining a while back. if the only problem left is blowing up buildings from afar then thats not too much bother imho - especially barracks as you can always change class and defuse or just repair (i'm fairly sure i've used all my mines in a barracks recently and not killed it, although it always used to die).

18. ^Dee^

They made it in one of the earlier patches that jeeps would take damage when ramming but it made jeeps almost impossible to use with how difficult they were to handle (driving into walls and dying instantly) Now they don't take any damage from ramming.

Now that jeep handling has been improved significantly, would it not be beneficial to bring the collision damage back? Enough to at least discourage ramming tanks.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it is funny but it's also very stupid, and in the end once it becomes a very workable tactic in big serious games it does harm the mod.

wasn't there a suggestion a while back that jeeps only take ramming damage on contact with enemy vehicles? i love that idea! not just that, but when implemented, driving over a jeep with the enemy in in a heavy tank will expload it, and that will just look awesome.

20. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I noticed today that my jeep was taking damage easily by just tapping into a wall, nerf it anymore & stepping on the accelerator will kill it =P.