Can you guys give us regular updates???

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Jun 30, 2008.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Give me a list of things you would like answered and I will answer them and then you will never say anything more about this subject for 3 months.

A 1, 2, 3, style list please, if you say that your questions are clearly laid out in your previous posts and that anyone would be able to figure out what you were getting at will be met with fire and your immediate destruction

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

1. What are you wearing?

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

1) How are you guys on the dev team?

2) how was work today?

3) hows life in general?

4) why is it that you can't give up X amount of hours + 10 minutes every day that you could have spent with family and possibly getting a beer with your friends occasionally and spend that time writing about what you did for the random people who need to know every detail about your free time that you spend coding empires?

5) Do you want a dog?

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

A slight rephrase of 4:
    Please get a blog going and update us regularly just like most other mods do.

5. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Fail question ends in period.

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

hmm, apparently the sarcasm shot passed you faster than a speedy HSM.

I was trying to make the point that if I had someone bugging me for 10 minutes of my daily life, I'd get annoyed after telling them no several times. 10 minutes is a bug fixed or a kid picked up from school. If they do things in any way like normal people do, they work until they can't work then drop it where they are at, leave the window up, and walk away. That 10 minutes is non existent, probably not even a particular time set aside for programming empires. From what I understand, it's how making a mod as a hobby works.

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

If that's you're only question then easy.

We will not start a blog at this moment. For right now the forum is suitable. Any news post will have all the info you need in the first post, if you think that the discussion ruins the post, don't read the rest. I don't know why you specifically want a blog, because for the moment the forum allows for better interaction with the community, which is what we want at the moment.

Another issue in fulfilling your request is that we do not have regular information, there simply isn't anything new to tell since my last post. I assume some bugs have been fixed, but I honestly don't know. We're still waiting on our main vehicle bug to be resolved. Because there's truly not many additions then there really isn't much of anything to say. Before 1.08 came out we were all looking forward to the new features. Check out the news posts from the time - I know what it's like to be waiting for a release. The problem is that there's very little to do in all honesty. Bugs need to be worked out and limited changes and features will be included, but we don't have a list and we aren't going to go writing things down that aren't truly in the game yet. A blog would get us nowhere because we wouldn't be able to provide the updates that the medium was created for.

You will get news when there's news to give. You won't be getting trivial or speculative information, so if that's what you want, then I'm sorry. Our news updates will follow the first one, well laid out, refereed and including more than a couple points of information.

If you have anymore questions about this, then PM me, otherwise you aren't to bring the topic up again for three months.

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Another Update

The aforementioned discussions have been delayed. I apologize for the inconvenience. Be assured that we're trying to have them as soon as possible, to both speed up development and to get out more regular updates.

I like keeping threads open as a matter of policy, but if the discussion gets out of hand this one will be locked.

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Recon, did i not explain why we can't do dev blogs? Or did you just ignore my post?