Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Man, that's awesome.

I only ever played CoD4 and MW2. I hate WW2 games personally. The weird thing is this, I was in Holland recently, and I booted up my laptop. Black ops was on pre-order for €60. Over here, it's £40, and you can buy it off Amazon for £35. That means over here, it's about €45/€40 depending on where you get it. I have no idea why it's so expensive in other countries. Having said that, in the UK, it's rare that any game above £40 sells for PC, and they can maybe push it to £50 for a console game. As much as I love the look of Black Ops, I wouldn't pay £50 for it. I wouldn't even pay the steam price. I feel like I've paid a bit too much as it is, I genuinely set my limit at £30/game. So I hope it lives up to expectations on the rare occasion that I actually pay for the game I'm going to play.

The online looks a lot nicer though, especially the idea of the wager matches. They even brought CS:S gungame in (in some way), which I think is pretty awesome. It does suck that dedicated servers can only be bought off gameservers.com though, otherwise I'd host it off my own dedicated server.

2. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

thank you alucard for bringing that to my attention... Black Ops just bumped up about 7 spots on my must play list

3. Empty

Empty Member

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Holy shit I get to play as frigging JFK.

This is the best game ever.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

most games really arn't worth buying

last game i bought was gta 4

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

There are some gems....they mostly come from Bioware :-p

Also, why are zombies such a big deal? COD5 had them. Dead rising has them. L4D has them...I'm sick of em....

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Dead rising sucks, l4d sucks.. Nazi zombies was a lot more fun to play with 4 people. You do a lot of running and prolly kill like 100 zombies in L4D and in nazi zombies you kill like 1000 with better(upgradable) guns, perks, items(like insta kill) and traps on the maps..

I've played all 3 and COD's zombie mode was the most fun and had me entertained for a lot longer. Shit I still play it at my friend jenny's house with her kids.

8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Because no one can make a game with them correctly.
    I actually want Dead Rising 2. I <3 zombie slaughter.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Zombie survival has no longevity.
    It's just a flawed game mechanic that everyone thinks "oh we can do it right this time!"

No, you can't. It's always the same.

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Why doesn't vBulletin have a like button? :)

Dead Rising 2 is OK. And by OK, I mean...played for 2 hours, put the game down...yet to go back.

RE5 is OK, but I can only doa level at a time before I'm burned out. Stupid medallions...

L4D is fun with friends...L4D2 added shit for the sake of adding shit.

COD5 zombies = fun.

Anyone done Red Dead with zombies?

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It's fun to shoot thousands of zombies in the head. And when you can do it with an upgraded mg42 its a lot more fun than using a frying pan in L4D2. Nazi zombies is free and apart of an even better game where as when you get dead rising or L4D you are stuck with that shit. In COD when you get tired of zombies you just go back to the original game. I have yet to play red dead's zombie game mod, but my friend said it was dope.

I dunno who does what infinity ward or treyarch. But COD4 was fun, World at War was a lot more fun. It included a bunch of new feature not just new skins and when you did prestige mode you actually got something. Plus they listened to the community and fixed things and had double XP days. Over all a much more fun experience. It also included tanks and zombies which were gone in MW2.

COD MW2 was just COD4 with some of the things WAW had but also tags and icons or some bull shit.. Yeah awesome I have the blunt force tag and so does every other person.. Unnecessary useless feature and just over all a less fun game. You get noob tubed from across the map at the start of every game which is bull shit and WAW fixed that but MW2 went back to that horrible feature.

12. Empty

Empty Member

I didn't say l4d was any better, they're all crap.

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

L4D is only fun with friends IMO...

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Any survival game is only fun with friends, especially when playing in the same room.

15. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Agreed. The only fun I've had with Nazi Zombies was when I plyed with friends at a LAN party. Admittedly, I've only played it online like twice, but both times sucked.

16. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

i dont think im gonna get it
    two cons:
    -way to high price
    -just because i live in germany i have to suffer from this incompetent censorship that cuts whole game elements

only thing to fix: import
    but im not sure if thats gonna work

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can't import it sadly, steam won't let you activate the non-German one. I can see that as a reason for putting you off, that does suck a bit.

I read this on the Escapist website:

"Earlier this month, we learned that Call of Duty: Black Ops would be censored for its German release. I suggested that German gamers who really wanted to play the game as intended could simply import from one of the other countries in the EU.

Unfortunately, it seems like German gamers looking to pick up the uncensored PC version of the title are out of luck. According to PC Games.de, Steam will refuse to recognize and authenticate the installation of any version of Call of Duty: Black Ops except the localized (and censored) German one.

Given that a Steam authorization is required for every install of the game - even physical, boxed copies - this effectively means that German PC gamers must either settle for a censored experience, or work around the Steam requirement via less-legal methods

German gamers looking to buy Black Ops on Xbox 360 or PS3, meanwhile, will likely face no such restrictions on importing the title. Sure, the game might not be in German, but that's the EU where everyone speaks like five languages, right? You'll be just fine.

Content removed from the German Black Ops includes: scenes of gratuitous violence and torture in the campaign, the ability for explosions to blow characters' limbs off, and - for whatever reason - the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" from the soundtrack."

You could always get the campaign from "elsewhere", then buy it for the multiplayer if you enjoy it.

18. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

so they are not removing the zombie mode?
    well thats one plus
    but its nevertheless an insolence having people to pay MORE for getting LESS

and by the way i dont buy the most singleplayer-games ;P
    only these ones that are good and the developers earned my money

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What the fuck does german have against the rolling goddamn stones?

20. YouzY

YouzY Member