Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know a fair amount of people are going to cry about how CoD is shit and only consolefags play it and whatever, but quite frankly, I don't give a shit. I enjoyed the campaign of CoD4 and MW2 a lot, and Black Ops looks pretty awesome as well. CoD4 online was great fun, MW2 was a bit shitty. Either way, my point is, this thread is so I can find out who else is getting it so I know who I can play online with. I preordered (not off steam).

Anyone else getting it for definite then? Also, no Spec ops, which is a shame. I really enjoyed those. Also, I heard the German/Austrian version is going to be changed for censorship reasons or something. Anyone know more about that?

2. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I will probably get it when its dirt cheap, its not a bad game, its just repetative.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

It's most likly only the german version, and I guess like everytime violent vids get cut, blood gets censored and IF there's a mission which is too violent it will get cut out entirely, it won't be the first time and not the last time, same shit another day ...
    I doubt that they will actually replace content, cutting out is cheaper
    /yeah looked it up, zombi mode got cutted out completly in the german version also far less violence, no seperation of limbs f.e., in the austian version they only cutted the swastikas out of the zombi mode

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Yes. COD MW2 is awesome. So awesome that Activision witheld bonuses from the team that made it (Infinity Ward.) For what Activision has done, and because I work on software myself and sympathize with the engineers, I will never buy anything from activision again. They're being sued for close to 1 billion, owed the employees AND the founders of IW. And might lose ownership of the Modern Warfare franchise. Bobby Kotick: for the benefit of the world, please douse yourself in gasoline and immolate yourself.

Also, the MW2 campaign fucking blew chunks...I could have written that when I was 10...and it'd have made mroe sense, too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Which part of the first post didn't you get? I don't care about your opinions on the prior games, and I know full well what happened. It's bullshit, I know, but in this thread, I don't give a shit. I want to know who I'm going to be able to play online with this time in 9 days.

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Is it going to be 60 bucks like MW2?
    If so, no, I will not get it. Even though I was thinking about getting in before my comp died.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

cod 4 was cool, but WAW was wayyyy better and cod mw2 sucked.. But this one is the same company that made WAW.. So it should be way better, they actually listen to the community. I was so happy when they got rid of the noob tubes across the map at start of the match on search & destroy games.

plus double xp weekends and nazi zombies.. I got this game pre ordered.. I really don't like infinity ward.. I think activision is much better at these cod games.

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'll probably get it, I usually enjoy the treyarch games for all the shit they get, and they usually have vehicles and deployable weapons both of which I like.

Certainly should be interesting to see what it's like, hopefully it will be less meh than MW1 and more good like MW1.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

OH treyarch, not activision.. But yeah they are way better than infinity ward, much better at making the game fun and listening to the community and fixing things.. infinity ward only fixes huge bugs not things that make the game lame like being noob tubing half a team from across the map at the start of a match.

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I dunno which is better, because treyarch up until now has been the backup studio, they do the cash in while IW gets to do the new one, so all their stuff has been really derivative of what the previous COD game was.

Now that IW is dead we can see if they are actually any good, certainly all I've head of black ops has been promising.

11. Empty

Empty Member

I'm sure I'll end up playing it at a lan and hating it.
    I played a little bit of singleplayer and it was alright though.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Activision is the publisher, Treyarch and IW are the developers. Like EA is to DICE.

Treyarch's games have always just been skins on top of the IW games - COD5 was just COD4 in WWII. Nothing more, nothing less. Black ops will just be the return of the shit that MW2 was I'm guessing. Hell, COD4 was only any fun because I attached the VS debugger to the game and unlocked all the guns from day one. Unlock systems fucking blow, and I'll skip them when I can.

I'm more interested in BF3 tbh...they're CLAIMING it won't be some crappy consolized game.

And yes: Games costing $60 is WAY too much.

13. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Treyarch games have been some of my favorites...
    however, MW2 left a bad taste in my mouth one im not in a hurry t retaste..

when it drops a bit in price ill probably try it out

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Steam sale in a year for $15 much? :-p

15. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

hell ill settle for a 40$ price tag... the real determining factor is when I finish Fable 3(2 months) and Fallout New Vegas (10 months)

so yeah about a year or 2...

16. War Man

War Man Member

Call of Duty was better off being ww2.

17. Terminutter

Terminutter Member

I can't say that I like what Infinity Ward did with MW2 - I hated it for the multiplayer. Screwing over the PC gamers with no dedicated servers is just an asshole move. I also disliked being charged more just to get it for a PC. I also don't like Activision-Blizzard. (for obvious reasons)

However, the gaming experiance of MW2 singleplayer for the first time was fun, even if it was not realistic, and was simplistic.

I loved what Treyarch did in WaW - it felt much more gritty than MW2 does, and I have to say (immature as it is) the ability to dismember with shotguns did make it more fun. From the videos of Black Ops, I think that it will work out as a cross between WaW, and MW2 - which could work out pretty well.

I'll probably end up getting it - there is no point criticising a game before playing it. Some of the most hyped games are crap, and some of the least hyped are awesome. In the end, you might like a game that others don't, or vice versa.

18. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

19. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

imagine if Empires was available on Console lol..

20. Terminutter

Terminutter Member