Brenodi flying APC

Discussion in 'Art' started by -Mayama-, Aug 3, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont ignore you but it would seriously help if you post it in a more neutral mood.

ask the devs for second turret support :P

2. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Actually Chris is right, some kind of landing gear could make it look pretty sweet.

It kinda looks cool when flying vehicles unfold their landing gear...

3. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

I never thought that it would rest on its engines. I don't know why, but it just seems wierd. Nothing would ever really do that. You'd probably burn a hole in the ground trying to upthrust something that heavy off them. Some sort of insect (we've got enough animal references in here already) legs that fold away and have some spring in them when deployed (so they're not fixed, but take the strain as the craft lowers) would look pretty cool.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Thank you roflcopter, sherbie, etc.

Just shortern the legs and add seperate landing gear. As well as maybe making the legs fold outwards or something.

5. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

you can just turn the wings by 90 degrees, its made to be a vtol craft so it has to be able turn them around in the fast flying mode, and in parking position. And who cares if you burn a hole in the ground.

6. RKB53

RKB53 Member

I can tell you that would have a horrible take off:-
    1: When the legs starts thrusting the force needed for it to gain air would most likely move the legs
    2: the moving of the legs will fuck it over

Everything but the legs are awesome

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Either the thrusters need to be smaller or the airframe needs to be bigger. The proportions are ridiculous.

8. Trickster

And that is what I've been going on about for this entire thread. It's the thrusters, they need to be smaller and/or have a seperate set if landing gear. "Top speed flight" (Which is the state the aircraft would be in when cruising in a straight line) is also confusion, as I have no idea what the aircraft would look like there.

I recommend the front 2 stay down, maybe move outwards 45 degrees, and the back 2 move backwards 90 degrees, so you get:

EDIT: Ok, drawing ascii art didn't work, but back thrusters point horizonatally out, front point 45 degrees sideways-out of the aircraft.
    And they're smaller.
    And you have seperate landing gear.
    And you have SOMETHING (be it wings, or whatever) to make it look like it could actually fly.

FYI, a harrier uses masses of fuel during vertical-takeoff because it has nothing to help it except the engines. That is the state this would be in all the time. Even the aircraft in Crysis aren't like that. You can say "It's future we do what we like" but it still seems illogical not to add something that would aid it in flight, something that would help keep it in the air.

Also, back hatch on an aircraft is silly, put a gunner position by all means but all the persons body needs to stay in the aircraft.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  9. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

make it bigger and instead of flying make it walk :o

AT-AT FTW!!!1

seroiusly though it looks bad ass, needs to be scaled down as said and a back gunner seat needs to be added, other than that keep up the good work

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Are you aware that you can move the thrusters in every direction?
    You dont need wings to fly if you have thrusters.
    If you put fission engines into vehicles you dont really care about fuel.
    That thing flys as fast as a tank moves so its no problem to have a hatch on that thing.

11. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

I strongly support mayama.

He's the man.

12. Trickster

The thrusters still need to be much smaller and have seperate landing gear, because the thrusters just going into the ground won't look good ingame. I'd also like to see a screenshot with the thrusters in a different position.

And it's more about

a) The hatch will be useless, the user won't be able to shoot out unless you're at a really low altitude.

b) It looks silly.

In my opinion, you should put side doors on and have 2 gunners sat there, be they on a mounted turret or just the same as they would be in the hatch.

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Before you get into mounted guns ask the devs if thats gonna be implemented. Unusable mounted guns on the models are stupid and piss people off. If theres no mounted guns just make the troop bay look awesome. In my opinion, everyone should sit in first person inside of the troop bay at a viewport. If they want to get out, they hit a button, a door opens, and theres a dropline they can use.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Fix the rubber band problem with people attached to vehicles... :P

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

just add a turret bone to the model and then you can add whatever turret you want to the model

16. Apogee

Apogee Member

I love this thing. It's bad-ass to the extreme. FUCK REALISM.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

And we need a person to create a scripted sequence for the player jumping out, unless if you want people to be able to stand and walk around inside by making the transport parent the player temporarily.

18. Mkvenner

Mkvenner Member

what game is this for?

seriously, it doesn't fit with empires at all, mayama i've noticed most of your models all look great, i mean really awsome but not many of them fit in well with the feel of empires

19. Empty

Empty Member

Mayama is redoing basically all of each factions vehicles.

It will fit in with the new stuff, if it all gets added.

20. Mkvenner

Mkvenner Member

If the BE has such high enough tech to make stupid hover stuff like this
    They are apparently tech wise about 50 years ahead of modern day.
    Then how the hell is NF going to be able to counter it?

I realise the only time that you would include realism and empires in the same sentence would be as a joke but the way that mayama is designing things for BE, NF is going to have to become completely unrecogniseable basically re-making the entire mod into something like a spacey shit storm

I really do not like the direction the art team is taking they need to actually go and read the backstory and stop playing BF2142 style games