Bioshock

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gelnika, Aug 13, 2007.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

Is it really that hard to find a torrent tracker?

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Took me 5 seconds on Isohunt

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i suck at torrents. no matter what i do, i always get an infected thing

4. Slithzerikai

Isohunt's pretty clean most of the time, And you can always keep trojans and worms from opening.

5. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

XD AHHAAH AH ahh ya gotta "go buy that game" too ^^
    ( i mean overlord..)

6. Slithzerikai

Update: If you can't stand obvious bugs, don't get Overlord.

Aside of that, it's a whole fucking lotta' fun!

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

After playing it a few days i must say Bioshock has entered my top 3 of best games ever.

It did take me about 5 hours before i found a way to solve the "absolutely-no-sound" problem. And unfortunately that fix has caused a resolution problem (only 1024x768 works). But apart from the low res everything works extremely fine, surprisingly smooth and the gameplay rocks as a rocky rock in the rocky mountains.

8. TheAllmightyMighty

i played the demo on max possible settings and it ran smooth what was quite suprising....
    i have a amd 3500+ 64 and a geforce 7800gt 2x512mb corsair ram

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I've been seeing benchmarks show a few funny trends:

NF Cards, when switch from running DX9 only (as in, WinXP DX9, as opposed to DX9/DX10 hybrid mode in vista, which is different from full DX10 mode....confused now?) to using full DX10, see either no performance difference, or a performance INCREASE. That's right, increase!

ATI cards however do slightly better in DX9 than NV in some (far from all) cases...but when you run ATI cards in full DX10 mode, you see a MASSIVE performance hit. I think ATI needs to hurry up on the R700s.

I compared DX9 to DX10 in the demo - the difference is amazing....(realize, Bioshock is kinda funny. If you have Vista, the default mode is DX9 DX10 hybrid - to get only DX9, you have to force that as an arguement in the command line. I tested with only DX9, versus full DX10.)

10. TheAllmightyMighty

i prefer ATI video cards but my x850 platinum was broke due to high voltage
    (mainboard broke too , was more of an accident ^^) but as lucky as i am i got a discount at my pc dealer and the best possible card i got buy with this amount was the 7800gt... sooooooooooooooooooo

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Well, go look at the 2900XT vs 8800 GTS. Yeah. Don't compare the 2900XT to the GTX or Ultra...unless you wanna be on the floor rolling in laughter.

12. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

I just put in a couple of the NVIDIA 8800s in SLI config. it is awesome.
    I am old enough to get quite a kick out of the music and posters in the game.
    Vic Demone and the Andrews sisters (WW2 era) ....... The Ausies have quite
    a sense of humor in configuring games......... The entertainment value is
    way up there........ The graphics are wayyyyyy out there....................

13. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Meh, I kinda rushed through it and while I enjoyed myself and loved the atmosphere, I wasn't freaked out a whole lot. I was mostly disappointed by the lack of variety in enemies (splicers in a bunch of forms and a big daddy) and the limitations of freedom. It was a pretty straightforward experience with little branching or decisions (harvest or rescue?). I absolutely hated that the game spawned enemies in rooms I just cleared. I could understand if they wandered in there, but this seems awfully contrived.

I basically only used the electricity bolt the entire time because it worked against pretty much everything. Stun, hit with wrench. Stun, hit with wrench. Once splicers with electric flesh came around I used ice blast or insect swarm because they do the exact same thing as electricity bolt 'cept they freeze or stop moving so I can hit em with the wrench.

The big daddy fights were a little tough sometimes, but as long as you have frag grenades and armor piercing bullets you're ok and they go down pretty fast.

I hoped there'd be more slots for plasmids, because there were a lot of combinations that I wanted to try out, but hardly got an opportunity to do so. Security beacon is rather pointless because you need a camera to tag them and odds are you'd rather want to take it out because otherwise you get bots on your ass. The hacked security bots are also only useful as a distraction, and half the time they shoot me instead of an enemy. Hypnotize big daddy was also one I didn't use, because you needed a big daddy. Odds are there's not one around when you need it.

But yea, I bet Ryan will return in Bioshock 2. Rapture is awesome and I hope to see even more of it. Heck, even a prequel describing the downfall of Rapture would be awesome.

14. Slithzerikai

Just finished Overlord today. you get three weapons, armor, and a helmet, and there are three metals for each. Didn't use any spells, finished the game with steel armor, the starter's set. You don't have to fight once. The game is easy, so easy you don't need to do anything else than click in the direction you want your minions to fight. Boss battles are over in 1-5 minutes.

There's a very open gameplay though, you don't have to beat the bosses in order... well, the second and the third.

It was a good game, but you kinda have to do nothing and point at bad guys, bam they're dead. Lost too much minions? Spawn some more.

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Also aren't you meant to be evil? I heard there isn't much evildoings.

16. Slithzerikai

<SPOILER>

You do plenty of evil, but I didn't feel like throwing my head back and laugh out at my most menacing when I destroyed the elven race by choosing the bag of gold instead of female elves.

<END SPOILER>

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

damnit i'm using the other type of forum with the lighter background!

18. Slithzerikai

Would you like some cheese with that fail?

19. arklansman

arklansman Member

No elves is better than furry elves.

20. Slithzerikai

I don't get it.