Battlefield 3 Released - Post here if you bought it (for PC)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Oct 29, 2011.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont want to look at pixel crap, thats what i mean with its not satisfying, id rather not play it then. i know it runs, i played the beta, though i had really, really odd glitches ...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Even low settings look stunning, much better than Empires at the least.

3. flasche

i know that once i buy it ill get me a gfx card a week later and its not really in our budget atm. gfx dont make games, but knowing that it could be so much better can break it ;)

4. Trickster

I'm playing it on medium settings, and given I have a pretty huge disposable income at the moment, I'm not even slightly tempted to get a better setup, because like I said, it honestly doesn't matter, it's all about the gameplay, the game looks stunning as is. Stop making excuses, man up, and buy the best game for years.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I can't say enough good things about this game.. They included a server browser on the console version! Finally something so simple that has been left out for some many years.

Also the back to karkland map pack is looking amazing.

6. Trickster

Whilst the back to Karkand pack is free for pre-orders, for people who didn't pre-order, it'll be $10. That's $10 for 6 new maps, 10 new weapons and 4 new vehicles. Assuming the other packs they plan are as good value, then that's fucking awesome.

Contrast this to CoD, in which it's something like $20 for 4-5 maps, and that's it.

7. RKB53

RKB53 Member

I only played mw for the campaign which is awesome. Multiplayer is bad.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The idea of dlc is so shit and is basicly "milking the cow". When did the idea of dlc even become reality, what game started this retardisme to make people pay for an update/content... Fucking ridiculous it's like those microtransactions...

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yes, the jump to 28 nm will be occur within six months.

The 4900 series exists? O.o

I can't find evidence of the 4900 series on AMD's US or UK site. They have the 4890 (and the rest of the 4000 series), but nothing from the 4900 series.

I see a spattering of news stories about the series, but no reviews.

How do you guys know about this mysterious series?

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

my review

I bought it from a game store out here and it was a preorder copy, my guess is most of the copies from stores will be pre-orders for atleast the first couple weeks. But even if it wasn't I would shell out 15 bucks maybe even 20 to play on some nostalgic bf2 maps. But from what I hear BF3 will have many beefy DLC packs to come.. Unlike the skimpy rip offs COD calls DLC

Have you seen the screens of the maps redone? I haven't seen much but its fucking gorgeous. I haven't been this excited about a game in so long that I thought maybe i've just become an old man with no interest in them anymore but, in reality it was just a bunch of shit games..

I hate seeing people argue over CODvsBF3 because I like them both and they play so different.. But here's what I will say, bf3 is an absolute master piece. After many hours of just pure war/ I have yet to come across any prepubescent trolls/mic spammers, just mature/funny people eager to work together. Obviously BF games are not for everyone but it sure is hell is for me! And I am so happy to see them set the bar for every shooter to come, specially since COD hasn't made any major changes since creating COD:4 :D

You know its a great game when you have as much fun going 0-10 as you do going 20-1.. The polish of a retail game and the charm of empires. And this is on the shitbox 360 I can only imagine how fun it is on PC!

Bottom line... GET THIS GAME! Sell your car, quit your job, rob a bank! Do whatever you have to do to play it because once you do, life wont matter anymore!

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

id rather play battlefield 2, anyone want to give me a copy now that they're jizzing over 3?

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

you can have mine, its like the super eliteist version with all the addon's not sure how we would do that tho.. like mail it to you? or give u the long ass key?

[​IMG]

like look at that difference! I was really worried it was gonna be all about graphics and not even fun, but like trickster said the graphics are just the icing on the cake because the gameplay is so fucking fun.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  13. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

yeah its really fun
    playing on nearly everything on ultra
    just turned AA and V-Sync off and turned texture quality to high
    you dont really see a difference on that, but the texture streaming causes some lag spikes on ultra

14. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Aircraft needs to get buffed hard. And Flares need to not be an unlockable.

15. flasche

you are right, its a 4850 ...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  16. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

oh by the way i didnt do that base jump off the cliff even once yet
    dont even know whats the name of the map it is on :(

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

The base jump is on the rush mode in Damavand Peak.

18. flasche

in bc2 rush sucks. first i thought, oh nice idea, but in the end its just not whats so awesome about battlefield ;)

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

So i tried to start the game up, got a black screen every time. I'm updating the drivers (again), if that doesn't fix it, i don't know what else to do.

EDIT: yup, updating the drivers fixed it. But that would mean that BF3 crashes itself if it detects that the drivers are out of date, or EA/DICE has a pretty fast updating method that breaks compatibility with older drivers.

20. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

they worked pretty close with NVidia on the Frostbite 2 engine
    i guess there is some custom stuff on geforce drivers which need to be installed
    had no probs with my catalyst though