A complete Overhaul of the Research Tree

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Urknall, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

grens say hi

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

People QQ about heat to target, but they don't really notice that absorbent will pretty much nullify all heat to target. That's one of the reasons that I jacked up plasma mg's damage. That actually hurts the weapon if it's used against absorbent.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Better than having an overheated tank that you can't move. Besides plasma means heavies and abs means 6 plates, heavy tanks are still gonna eat a few rockets before exploding. I still think 20 heat to target is silly spart.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Come on, I wasnt really trying to make an argument here at all.

5. Urknall

Urknall Member

Which role do the following weapons have, and how important are they?

- Plasma Bullet Projectile
    - Heavy Caliber Machine Gun
    - Hit Warhead
    - Explosive Tipped Bullets
    - Guided Missiles
    - Biological Projectile

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. ImSpartacus

They are mostly shit.

All of the MGs are too accurate & fire too fast, therefore they have to have super low DPS to be balanced.

Guided is good against vehicles to clear one side of its armor, but it's pretty tragically underused.

Nukes are good if you actually hit. The problem is that they have tremendous splash, so it's wise to attack things from far away. However, the missile is very slow with a very long cycle time, so it's hard to hit things from far away. Therefore, it's often used against buildings since such targets are easy to hit.

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Plasma MG is specialized and used to overheat enemy tanks; we might change up the heat system a bit though so it's in uncertain territory.

Heavy Cal. is great because it gives both an anti-tank and an anti-infantry MG, both with high ROF and decent DPS, making it good both early, mid and somewhat late game.

HITs are complicated. They're slow, powerful, generate massive amounts of heat with a large radius and cycle time. It's important as an end-game weapon, against bases and in chokepoints (S-bend, Crossroads).

HEMG is pretty much just an all-around MG in chem. I also think it does a bit more damage to buildings than other MGs and it's both anti-tank and anti-infantry. Slow-as-fuck firing rate with a relatively small clip size.

Guided is bad. I don't give half a flying fuck what Spartacus says, the fact that you have to manually control it just makes it bad unless you're standing still and sniping with them.

BioMG is in uncertain territory right now. With people mostly going for BioML, it makes Bio MG somewhat redundant, especially when you can just get DU or HEMG instead.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Bio bullet is a weapon for light armored vehicles use to stay relevant in big tank fights assuming they survive.

Not sure if explosive tip is relevant, plasma bullet is kinda useless unless there are two people focus firing it on a single tank.

Heavy caliber is supposed to be anti infantry.
    Hit missile is an end game weapon excelling in building damage and infantry damage.

Good against vehicles if you manage to hit them without killing yourself.

Guided is for people who can't git gud.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I don't know about the changes, but although HEMG was slow firing, it did quite a lot of damage. Still think it might be a secret weapon.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah I kinda thought guided was nice, I think its more of a weapon to do burst damage kinda like salvo ml. Then I went to check salvo's stats and what do I find but it shoots 6 missiles at 40 damage a pop. Spart you dun goofed, why would anyone bother with guided when getting salvo is easier and also gets you uml?

I'm not sure about hemg, it is nice against buildings and tanks, but I can't seem to kill infantry with it at all for some reason the last time I used it.

I would like to point out that uml is still one of the best weapons to taking out buildings from afar, just no splash so more of a single target deal. The advantage is you also have a weapon that can help you out more in a tank fight. I'd really like to know why I rarely see it anymore. I know bio ml is everyone's favorite thing, but for some maps I really feel like uml would be a better choice.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

- Plasma Bullet Projectile
    Never-research-this tier.
    I think I'd only ever research this to stun enemy CV if I want a CV rush in super late game.

- Heavy Caliber Machine Gun
    Decent-tier.
    50 cal is really, really good at killing infantry. If you are a fan of Physics then you should always get this because Ranged is bad at killing infantry.

- Hit Warhead
    May-research-tier.
    If you think your team isn't bad then this may be good in late game. Seriously, if your team isn't consisted of at least 50% vets then you should never research this, I swear to cake.

- Explosive Tipped Bullets
    Bad-tier.
    You have to keep your crosshair dead on enemy's tank and it's bad for your cannons. Not to mention the heat-damage ratio of HEMG is really not impressive.

- Guided Missiles
    Never-research-this-tier.
    I swear this is 25 times worse than HEMG. First, there's this thing called "ping". Second, if you wish to land your Guided MLs, it's going to be really hard for you to land your cannons. This is just a retarded weapon and I don't know why it's not removed.

- Biological Projectile
    Bad-tier.
    The damage is bad and the damage-heat ratio is retarded. Don't waste time on this. Biology itself isn't very good without Bio ML.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  12. 101010

101010 Member

I hate commanding. But if no one else steps up...... Surprisingly I have never lost a round as commander. Doing horrible research makes people have to try harder. Also makes them not want to spam vehicles. Which saves more money for me to spam buildings, walls and turrets. Normally my team has some decent wages from building everything. While the other team is broke from loosing tank after tank. Buildings are cheaper to replace then tanks. There is always going to be that person that spams tank after tank. So my strategy is allow them into our base then drop a wall behind them. They will do some damage but loose and expensive tank in the process. Then my team gets res / wages from repairing the base and recycling the tank corps.

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It sounds like you just keep ending up with a good team more than anything else.

I can't really judge, I've never seen you play and you professed to normally using alternative names, so I've nothing to go off of.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This whole reply says your ego level is almost as high as mine.

Take this as a compliment.

15. ImSpartacus

This just in: I could make guided op and no one would notice.

If you see another missile get added to guided, then please disregard it and continue not using it against me.:|ove: :|ove:

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

VIPER is right next to you so you probably don't know, even 100 ping can make Guided ML retardedly hard to use.

Krenzo or whoever added this weapon probably didn't consider ping at all, I don't know.

As long as Guided ML is NOT fire-and-forget, it'll stay useless as it is.

But if you make the missile go twice as fast, Guided ML could be much better.

17. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Guided used to be pretty OP, just don't use it with cannons.
    Guided + anti tank mg = just need to keep aim on tank. (Use with NF heavy)

18. Urknall

Urknall Member

Hmm ok, next question:

Why did you introduce "Composite Armor" and is "Regenerative Armor" helpful/relevant?

19. ImSpartacus

All armors are relevant. Regenerative is generally used when a driver is good at spinning his tank in place so one side of the armor can regenerate while another side is taking some damage.

20. 101010

101010 Member

Compo regenerates less but has more HP.
    Regenerative is very weak but regenerates fast when not taking damage.
    Reactive is the strongest but it's so heavy.
    Reflective........It's junk.