2.28 infantry battle

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -=SIP=-, Oct 13, 2010.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

thats the way i pull most kills off in conquest:
    speed upgrade, accuracy upgrade, and damage upgrade

cycling around enemy: easy kill in close quarters

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Why use common sense? We can just leave a broken sniper in until it never gets fixed instead of taking it out till it doesn't get fixed.

3. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

NOOOES STOP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT MY SKILLCHOICES... well whatever.

You could say so being used to how melee was before... but if u compare to melee in bg2 empires melee still sucks ^^

4. Empty

Empty Member

I've gotten multiple kills with melee over the last 2 days and I have 300 ping.
    It's working.

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

scout rifle is fine. scout just needs pistol2 now.

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I don't say you can't get kills with melee now. I say melee doesn't work perfectly. There still are moments where you seem to have hit but you didn't. As I said, compare to melee in BG2

7. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

compare it to age of chivalry *cough*

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Melee works but smallest error with respect to enemy position can make you miss if you're both running. Client will create blood whenever it thinks it hit enemy.

9. FN198

FN198 Member

what if you turn prediction off?

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Do cl_predict 0 in console and try playing. That's what happens. It's not an option.

11. Empty

Empty Member

We had an epic melee fight with some aussies earlier tonight.
    No melee upgrade, any skill is OK.

Shit was insane.

12. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

i think sniper rifles have problems in most Hl2 mods afaik i dont remember single one where they work as they should
    people like to take snipers because for some reason everyone thinks they are cool(most likely because of CS)

imho rifles and SMGs should be less accurate at long ranges when firing without using crosshairs after all youre firing from hip...i mean when crouching with SMG1 i can kill people at very long range without acc. upgrade as long as they are not riflemen that saw me first
    SMGs are low range weapons so they should not be able to kill too easily at long range(unless you take acc upgrade)
    rifles should be less accurate if you dont use crosshairs(even when not moving) but retain current accuracy if you do
    also faster animation would help
    this will even the odds at close range where most rifles and SMGs are somewhat close when it comes to effectivnes

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

DJ Die,

[​IMG]

It's pretty hard NOT to use them ;)

14. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

O really? You can kill someone if you shoot him before he shoots you? Are you serious?

Rifles are already superior to smgs, because that's why we have rifleman class in the first place now don't we? And there's no need to make smgs any worse either.

Most of the Empires firefights are close range or medium range.. there's no real sniping happening with the rifles or smgs. I don't even care about the scout rifle either. Never bothered me to get killed by a sniping scout in a game where the distances are huge. I can always take a vehicle if I get pissed or place walls, heal and revive other players and get healed and revived myself.

I think the infantry gameplay is mostly perfect now. Grenadier definately needs mortar buff now.. not a damage buff or splash buff, but a way to make it easier-for-the-new-players-to-learn-buff. Something like more splash and less damage to infantry. There should be no need for directecly hitting an enemy to get a kill, but it shouldn't be mass murder weapon either.

15. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

what i mean is that you can mostly kill even scouts with sniper rifle shooting back

well rifles and SMGs should be pretty even at close range but at medium range rifle should get better and more accurate than SMG

yup thats what i mean and at such ranges there are no snipers but instead you have marksmen usualy using semiauto rifles which already exist because riflemen have these....scout should get access to Pistol2/shottie pistol and some shotgun

i agree with changes that would add more splash to mortar it should be support weapon
    i found that most of the time when mortar hit ground close to me(even on flat terrain) it will only deal like 30-40dmg which is not so much and you can get away before another shot without being in danger
    but i still think it should be harder for sprinting riflemen to kill someone

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Where if you are 2 metres away you can kill them with a hit to the hat, but if you are right infront of them it's impossible to hit them.

17. OuNin

OuNin Member

rule of thumb for melee:
    aim for their thumbs

18. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

You can perfectly kill shit at closest range in BG2. Also you can kill with melee 2m afar in empires using meleeup.

DJ Die: your perception of the weapons being fail comes from your lack of skill.

19. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

i didnt say any weapons fail in fact this may be one of the most balanced versions ive played

20. FN198

FN198 Member

most of us love the bullet weapons the way they are now and are really defensive about people thinking they need to be tweaked.